Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

John Wick's plot revolves around ISLAMIS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

the thing i liked about john wick is that all the bad guys were afraid of him. in dredd, all the bad guys thought he was a chump-o-matic.

A fatal mistake.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

After I watched John Wick for the first time I had a dream where Keanue Reeves was spinning on his back for ten rotations when he got up he said "I'm not that good yet but it's crazy progress for just a month." and I was like "Whoa."

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wish SloMo was real

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

amityville anus posted:

I wish SloMo was real

Don't even think about it, punk.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
You can like both OP. :niggly:

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien

omg I have a bnoer

open container
Sep 16, 2008

bossy lady posted:

we can all agree that dredd is better than the new robocop

how wrong can you be ???

https://vimeo.com/86014703

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
post avon barksdale bangin that chick in his head. It goes by too fast in the movie I need a repeating gif

dernwiththesickess
Aug 7, 2014

hemale in pain posted:

both movies can be good

There can be only one.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Dredd was one of the tightest action movies I've ever seen. No super-conspiracy, no mcguffin, just a straight up drug bust that goes wrong.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
Dredd was awesome. I love the part where the bad dudes use those big rear end gatling guns to mass murder men, women, and children.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
SloMo>Nuke

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Blistex posted:

Dredd was one of the tightest action movies I've ever seen. No super-conspiracy, no mcguffin, just a straight up drug bust that goes wrong.

There was a Judge conspiracy with Mom. And psychic powers are a mcguffin.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

john wick was cool because he was always the force of nature. it was up to the gangsters to stop him, he didnt have a gay heroes journey to go through

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

the thing i liked about john wick is that all the bad guys were afraid of him. in dredd, all the bad guys thought he was a chump-o-matic.

I liked that too. Instead of being all like "Woah who is this guy??" or "Where'd he come from??!" They knew exactly who he was and why they should be afraid of him. Both great movies, op can siggity suck my dick

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

More dredd gifs

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

he looks like Steve Buscemi

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
john wick over reacted a bit tho, it was just a dog

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Professor of Cats posted:

More dredd gifs

Ironically the bad Stallone version was closer to the colorful grandiose style of the comics, while new Dredd nailed the tone better.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
im gonna watch dredd on blu at 11 tonight BE THERE

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

im gonna watch dredd on blu at 11 tonight BE THERE

im going to watch 'the thing' drunk at 3pm. dredd.... LOL

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

etalian posted:

Ironically the bad Stallone version was closer to the colorful grandiose style of the comics, while new Dredd nailed the tone better.

"DAMNIT KARL, YOU'RE NOT FROWNING ENOUGH!"

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

redshirt posted:

It was just a few crooked cops, not a conspiracy and the Psychic abilities were not a MacGuffin.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

There were those weird fan made Dredd cartoons that turned out pretty ok
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMEeVPAsox8
the rest are here
http://youtu.be/hMEeVPAsox8?list=PLIEIzxlknp8ozNEJ4bYD4lYt4skpfqFmh

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Professor of Cats posted:

More dredd gifs

Aye, aye captain!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Rocks posted:

sorry john wick dick suckers, Dredd is a far superior action movie. I just finished watching it so I'll post my 10000 word review shortly.

I was unaware they were competing. Without the hardware, dredd is just Dr Bones.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

fyodor posted:

gently caress the row is bottom-shelf but that gave me a chuckle

Bottom shelf is what the real men drink. Enjoy your top shelf appletini, pedo.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sweet Tea posted:

i've never seen john wick but it's impossible that it's a better movie than dredd.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Nefarious posted:

post avon barksdale bangin that chick in his head. It goes by too fast in the movie I need a repeating gif

yes, this please

Blue Raider posted:

john wick was cool because he was always the force of nature. it was up to the gangsters to stop him, he didnt have a gay heroes journey to go through

Wick is not Dredd. He is who you call to kill Dredd.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fog Tripper posted:

yes, this please

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Fog Tripper posted:

I was unaware they were competing. Without the hardware, dredd is just Dr Bones.

Everything competes

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

redshirt posted:

You don't know what a mcguffin is. Replace the mutant-girl sidekick with a mundane rookie and the plot is totally unchanged.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The Raid was boring.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the only woman who could ever truly dominate me

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Ratios and Tendency posted:

The Raid was boring.

i agree

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Dredd was underrated. John Wick was extremely overrated. The Equalizer was basically the same premise as John Wick but it was a way better movie because Denzel always delivers while Keanu can't act his way out of a nutsack.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Dredd was underrated. John Wick was extremely overrated. The Equalizer was basically the same premise as John Wick but it was a way better movie because Denzel always delivers while Keanu can't act his way out of a nutsack.

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Dude comes out of retirement to kill Russian mobsters. John Wick and Equalizer were the same movie, except Equalizer was actually good.

• Locked thread