Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what gives?
THEIR???
HE?
SHE?
View Results

• Locked thread
Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

a starwar betamax posted:

um..... i am no mathmatician but both his and her only have three letters each and their has five so

5<3+2+3 imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

they should kill they are self

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
If they were saying THEIR it would be his or hers, not he or she

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ape Fist posted:

another shitlord exposes himself, consider suicide op!!

ah gently caress,

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
gender is a fluid idea and the false-dichotomy should be destroyed and replaced with something i haven't though of yet but my sociology professor will probably guide me

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
*is a psychology major, considers individual variables in the construction of the human psyche, slams sociology students into lockers all day long*

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lol how does ebglish wprk hwlp me please om retard

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

is it really because people think "their" is an appropriate genderless singular pronoun?!?!??! is this really a thing??

I'm a very prolific poster on Reddit gaining almost 5 billion karma every second. I said "their" is a genderless singular pronoun once. Sorry.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

is it really because people think "their" is an appropriate genderless singular pronoun?!?!??! is this really a thing??

please send help im drowing

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

identity politics :whatup:

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ape Fist posted:

*is a psychology major, considers individual variables in the construction of the human psyche, slams sociology students into lockers all day long*

i guess the one thing psychology never taught you.. was empathy

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
ive been scouring the internet for information and i found this:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

a starwar betamax used to be such a better poster than he is now.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

im just asking a simple question dick hade

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
wanna go to hat town

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Maybe they're mad they didn't make the list in the sticky and this is a hail mary effort to make it under the wire.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

lok at me i intentaly spell thng wrong im so funyn

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

i guess the one thing psychology never taught you.. was empathy

A personal choice to lay a bedrock of objectivity relating to my personal experience rather than allow an endless fractal expansion of meaningless relativism, a grounding effect which is objective to the self and is acknowledged as a necessary component of social cohesion. You can identify as X, Y, and Z all day long but we need people to stand by the sidelines, roll their eyes and agree that there's a point where you need to guffaw and groan 'Shut up dude.'

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

blame shakespeare he decided it was a thing and basically made the rules for english, sorry dude

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

either go to a loving icp concert or quit throwing stones

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Ape Fist posted:

A personal choice to lay a bedrock of objectivity relating to my personal experience rather than allow an endless fractal expansion of meaningless relativism, a grounding effect which is objective to the self and is acknowledged as a necessary component of social cohesion. You can identify as X, Y, and Z all day long but we need people to stand by the sidelines, roll their eyes and agree that there's a point where you need to guffaw and groan 'Shut up dude.'

lol human being

Turtle Blogger
Mar 16, 2006

My Angel

Y'all is the best gender neutral group word, i use y'all .

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

TEAYCHES posted:

lol human being

gently caress

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Um I think my 100 youtube subscribers show just how funny I actually am...... very

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
we're all dudes, really, if you think about it

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I've thought about it lot ND it's true

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Tiny Lowtax posted:

you do t have a phone or you care enough to make corrections or you lol

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

katlington posted:

you do t have a phone or you care enough to make corrections or you lol

I have a phone but it isn't 1997 so my phone has autocorrect

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

has been for a long time

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Pronouns = Rape. Just reading this thread left every hole I have so raped.

And my dick feels raped too, Mods?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I have a phone but it isn't 1997 so my phone has autocorrect

lol

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

i'll turn it in just for you

open container
Sep 16, 2008
i think you'll find, that it is, in fact, 1997

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

open container posted:

i think you'll find, that it is, in fact, 1997

if u go by the expiry date of the condoms in ur wallet

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

quote:

They was already being used with a singular antecedent in the Middle English of the 14th century.[14][15] It is found in the writings of many respected authors, including Chaucer, Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Thackeray, and Shaw

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
quote:
They was already being used with a singular antecedent in the Middle English of the 14th century.[14][15] It is found in the writings of many respected authors, including Chaucer, Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Thackeray, and Shaw

WE DIDN'T START THE FIRE

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
If people who poo poo in buckets did it, it must be right.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

actually it is plural masc\fem

The singular genderless they is super old. Shakespeare and Chaucer both used they as a singular genderless pronoun. People started using he for a singular genderless in like the 19th century but even then there were still people using "they."

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its better than the gay rear end he/she

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Pulp Can Move posted:

If people who poo poo in buckets did it, it must be right.

buckey shitters invented morethan just one words they prob invented some of these

• Locked thread