Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Oh poo poo

I've spent the last semester extensively studying the Canadian Corps in WWI and I am so loving pumped to participate in this. Of course, this 100% qualifies me for the highest level of command and I am completely incapable of mistakes.

I'll make you proud, old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

I've already got some good war plans brewing. Is this going to be a East-West, North-South, or some more complicated orientation, in terms of where the forces will enter from?

Please, share them here! This is a gentleman's war, after all :)

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

So I'll give naming chat a little longer, but to show I've not been idle.

This is one French Division, 1914 roster. Two of these make a Corps.

Here they are on the map.

So are things like Corps sizes dictated by the rules of the game, or modeled after actual armies in WWI? I ask because I've gleamed from my research that divisions were always being meddled with by higher-commands, especially when manpower started to run dry. The Canadian Corps, for example, was always comprised of the 4 Canadian Divisions in France. The British wanted to reduce the size of the divisions and split the force into two Corps to form an Army, but the commanding officer Sir Arthur Currie was adamant that the Canadians should keep fighting as a unified force and that the Divisions not be watered down, with the result being that the Canadian Corps was an unusually large and effective unit for a Corps size formation.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Ballpark: Each square is a company of ~250 men. Each row of companies is a battalion of ~1000 men, each group of battalions is a brigade of ~3000 men, and the group of brigades forms a division of ~10,000

It really depends on individual formations and nations, though, as everyone did things slightly differently and units were rarely the same strength in practice as they were on paper.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

I am the allied commander, and apparently hated by spectators, AMA!

My compliments to Stalinator and the entire German team for being our opposites in this endeavor. There's a certain feeling of camaraderie that comes from knowing you were experiencing the same, often frustrating, mechanics for the whole game.

Here's the link to our interest check for the spectator thread:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jT00DFZTzc9swKCwtUh3jHZw1zu3J5ds3CDOlr-sn6s/edit#gid=0

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Patrick Spens posted:

Is it possible to join up with the Allies?

Slap your name down here and we'll sort you out once we actually know what we have to work with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jT00DFZTzc9swKCwtUh3jHZw1zu3J5ds3CDOlr-sn6s/edit?usp=sharing

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Petition to name a hill "Extension de la Carte"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

I hope Grey Hunter does the All Quiet on the Martian Front game and the Allies and Germans have to team up to fight the spectators.

e: Artist's rendering

https://youtu.be/6ef1YVXM9IU?t=1m35s

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 9, 2015

• Locked thread