Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
was so glad they released perfect dark on xbox arcade, and put goldeneye weapons in multiplayer, as perfect dark had them in single player as cheats but couldnt be used in multi
vs meats sims one hit kills, loving hours of fun oh god oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

Hazo posted:

No tommy i dont care if diddy kong racing has planes, we're loving playing mario kart

Stunt was in Rush 2 scrub

You're right to do so. Diddy Kong racing was a poo poo game

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I had an n64 but no friends..

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
"What;s this? A new game system?"

*plays mario 64 for the first time at toy r us *

"Wooooooooow this is so awesome! "

*Dad and older brother rents N64, pilotwings and Mario at blockbuster*

" We gotta show this to cousin Johnny and EJ. This is dope"

*Awwwww, we got to bring it back this week?"

*Gets N64, Mario and Star Wars Shadow of the empire along with loving awesome Star wars toys for Christmas*

"Holy fuuuuuuuu.....WOWOWOOWOW! STAR WARS! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!"

* plays snowspeeder hoth level*

" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! AT-AT, and you can trip them too! THIS IS INSANE! Look how real the graphic is, the battle is intense too! "

*Plays Mario 64*

" Jesus, the world is HUGE !"

" Hey cuz, I need your help getting the blue coins doing the wall jump at rainbow ride?"

And then there was this :

Look how pretty everything looked. The water technology was quite impressive at its time.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
CLAYFIGHTER 63 1/3

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
God that console loving ruled

Nothing beats how loving fast you can boot up smash 64 and be fighting instantly. No loving 50 million characters to choose from. Just hyrule castle

I loving thought I was going to heaven when I heard link was gonna be in smash bros

loving majoras mask

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

N64 is a good system

obviously PS had some good games but the CD load time was pretty funny.

still loving ridge racer. i think that right there is why i have so many speeding tickets to my name.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x52kD_6rI0

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Hingehead posted:

"What;s this? A new game system?"

*plays mario 64 for the first time at toy r us *

"Wooooooooow this is so awesome! "

*Dad and older brother rents N64, pilotwings and Mario at blockbuster*

" We gotta show this to cousin Johnny and EJ. This is dope"

*Awwwww, we got to bring it back this week?"

*Gets N64, Mario and Star Wars Shadow of the empire along with loving awesome Star wars toys for Christmas*

"Holy fuuuuuuuu.....WOWOWOOWOW! STAR WARS! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!"

* plays snowspeeder hoth level*

" WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! AT-AT, and you can trip them too! THIS IS INSANE! Look how real the graphic is, the battle is intense too! "

*Plays Mario 64*

" Jesus, the world is HUGE !"

" Hey cuz, I need your help getting the blue coins doing the wall jump at rainbow ride?"

And then there was this :

Look how pretty everything looked. The water technology was quite impressive at its time.

dude./.. 'quite' impressive? It was insane.

tfw you first played mario 64. it was released 3 years after zelda 3 lol. what an insane jump.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Gonna go ahead and throw this laptop gun above the door to the body armor closet.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Only weapon on map is remote detonated bombs

AI doesn't know how to detonate bombs

Entire map explodes whenever a player uses a bomb

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
Not fps but i used to speed run lylat wars without realising i was speedrunning at the time. I think my best was 35 minutes or something.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
goldeneye invented speedrunning to get the cheats. facility 00 agent 2:05 was insane, i got exactly on after months
now the world record is 54 seconds ?!?!?!?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ouq2P--2x2Y

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

DIDDY KONG RACING!

*that one soundclip of children laughing that is apparently used in every commercial ever and still startles you to this day*

Just about the best game on the 64.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Nonviolent J posted:

goldeneye invented speedrunning to get the cheats. facility 00 agent 2:05 was insane, i got exactly on after months

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

And then there's the control room moment; protecting Natalia. How could anybody forget that one?

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Yeah Diddy Kong racing was an awesome game. Anyone saying it sucked even unlock all the other tracks or find the keys? Or even use any of the cheat codes? Though, having to unlock everything would be a hassle if you didn't own the game. I think the battle mode had to be unlocked rather then starting with it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Shnag posted:

Yeah Diddy Kong racing was an awesome game. Anyone saying it sucked even unlock all the other tracks or find the keys? Or even use any of the cheat codes? Though, having to unlock everything would be a hassle if you didn't own the game. I think the battle mode had to be unlocked rather then starting with it.
yes

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Hingehead posted:

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

And then there's the control room moment; protecting Natalia. How could anybody forget that one?

loving Natalya loved getting herself killed seconds before it was over.

"Damnit this is too hard I give up...one more try...one more try then I go to bed...Damnit one more time...Damnit Natalya ahhhhhh...one more time...gently caress"

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

God that console loving ruled

Nothing beats how loving fast you can boot up smash 64 and be fighting instantly. No loving 50 million characters to choose from. Just hyrule castle

I loving thought I was going to heaven when I heard link was gonna be in smash bros

loving majoras mask

Majoras mask was my first n64 game! I like how they had the weird fake 3d image on the front of it that you could scratch to make scratchy sounds. It is the best!!!

Pokemon stadium 2 being the silver/gold colours is also kickin rad.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
The best thing to do in Perfect Dark was prop open the target range door with a movable crate and then rain down knifey hellfire on the invincible guard standing just outside.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Drad_Bert posted:

You're right to do so. Diddy Kong racing was a poo poo game

It was a really good game

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
one summer i broke both my wrists so i played n64 with my feet. im the best mario 64 foot player NA atm and top 3 in the world.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
No Spencer, you are wrong, Snowboard Kids is just as good as 1080 Snowboarding.

*is pelted with eggs*

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pivotal Lever posted:

remote mines on facility *goes 20-0*

Qtiyd forever

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Mario party was so popular at my school that they had to recommend to students to play the rotate the joy stick games with their thumbs, as alot of students were using the palm of their hands and were literally rubbing them raw and it was actually becoming a concern for parents.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
(Starts Smash)
Stop messing with te menu! STOP IIIITTTT

He still loving does it!

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

*finds ultra secret key in banjo kazooie for ultra secret level in sequel*

*sequel never released*

(There might have been a sequel but it was released after I stopped caring about banjo kazooie)

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Newbs played with control style 1.1 Honey... 1.2 Solitaire is where it was really at

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Nonviolent J posted:

Yeah it was a great idea to get cheats. Also you're right that 2:05 was insane

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
The used copy at Funcoland had the invincible cheat unlocked already so I never had to try finishing fast enough to get it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Time Dissolver posted:

The best thing to do in Perfect Dark was prop open the target range door with a movable crate and then rain down knifey hellfire on the invincible guard standing just outside.
Lmao loving around the headquarters was the best. Dragging the hovercrate upstairs just to jam the door and fill the guard wth like 100 knives.

The training room with sims.

The multiplayer with a ridiculously large amount of statistics. Lifetime accuracy %, # bullets fired, etc.

It's like two lines of code give me back my loving nerd stats video games.

Counter operative where your friend could play as enemies on single player maps. poo poo was bonkers. Kick the can (juggernaut/VIP) capture the flag, king of the hill, hacking.

RARE was at the top of their game and managed to just shove everything they possibly could think of into a single game. Same gun that had a sub machine gun that transformed into a turret with its remembered magazine size had a loving rocket launcher that you could remote control..

Levels like the snow base where you had to steal a persons identity and sneak in past security and poo poo was just the tits.

What the gently caress happened to games?? I'm not even being nostalgic. Perfect dark had an INSANE amount of poo poo in it for being an old rear end cartridge based fps game.

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 8, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

opus111 posted:

dude./.. 'quite' impressive? It was insane.

tfw you first played mario 64. it was released 3 years after zelda 3 lol. what an insane jump.

while the ps1/n64 generation aged like total garbage, it remains the biggest leap forward in game design from on console generation to the next. it's hard to articulate how loving mindblowing mario 64 was at the time if you weren't there to experience it.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Lmao loving around the headquarters was the best. Dragging the hovercrate upstairs just to jam the door and fill the guard wth like 100 knives.

The training room with sims.

The multiplayer with a ridiculously large amount of statistics. Lifetime accuracy %, # bullets fired, etc.

It's like two lines of code give me back my loving nerd stats video games.

Counter operative where your friend could play as enemies on single player maps. poo poo was bonkers. Kick the can (juggernaut/VIP) capture the flag, king of the hill, hacking.

RARE was at the top of their game and managed to just shove everything they possibly could think of into a single game. Same gun that had a sub machine gun that transformed into a turret with its remembered magazine size had a loving rocket launcher that you could remote control..

Levels like the snow base where you had to steal a persons identity and sneak in past security and poo poo was just the tits.

What the gently caress happened to games?? I'm not even being nostalgic. Perfect dark had an INSANE amount of poo poo in it for being an old rear end cartridge based fps game.

the laptop gun didn't have an rc rocket, you're thinking of the slayer launcher

also don't forget the huge variety of sim types you could play against in multiplayer

also the hidden cheeses on every level

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Cubey posted:

while the ps1/n64 generation aged like total garbage, it remains the biggest leap forward in game design from on console generation to the next. it's hard to articulate how loving mindblowing mario 64 was at the time if you weren't there to experience it.

Ocarina of Time's overworld was absolutely amazing for its time. Today it's just a big flat field with pixelated stretched textures, but back then I hadn't seen anything like it. I think that was the first game for me to have a cohesive world that wasn't just 'levels'.

I rode around on Epona for hours and would sometimes stop at Lake Hylia just to listen to the music. :allears:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I tried not to whip Epona too often because it made me feel bad.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

les fleurs du mall posted:

the laptop gun didn't have an rc rocket, you're thinking of the slayer launcher

also don't forget the huge variety of sim types you could play against in multiplayer

also the hidden cheeses on every level
Yeah I mistyped "same game" lol

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
i'm trying to find the channel on dailymotion with some guy trying to do slappers only on train which becomes hilarious because:

1) it's practially impossible
2) he can't even do it on agent
3) the guys gets furious after every run

seeing a man turn slowly insane playing a video game warms the cockles of my heart

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

i'm trying to find the channel on dailymotion with some guy trying to do slappers only on train which becomes hilarious because:

1) it's practially impossible
2) he can't even do it on agent
3) the guys gets furious after every run

seeing a man turn slowly insane playing a video game warms the cockles of my heart

pretty sure some crazy person did a slappers only run of goldeneye on 00 agent some years ago. he is my hero.

i tried playing goldeneye on 00 agent about a year ago and came to the conclusion that goldeneye is the only game i was actually better at as a kid. i beat the whole goddamn thing on 00 agent back then, i couldn't get past bunker 1 on it now.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RR5V0rmN4o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Cubey posted:

pretty sure some crazy person did a slappers only run of goldeneye on 00 agent some years ago. he is my hero.

i tried playing goldeneye on 00 agent about a year ago and came to the conclusion that goldeneye is the only game i was actually better at as a kid. i beat the whole goddamn thing on 00 agent back then, i couldn't get past bunker 1 on it now.
Pretty sure I was the first person in my city to unlock 007 mode, when I was like a Sophomore in HS.

• Locked thread