Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Hell yes, it's Wanzer time everyone!

I want to see more of this game, there aren't really any LP's of it that are of any good quality or that give any information on skills and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
So what kind of wanzers are in the intro anyways, are they USN or OCU?

They look a bit like the Cheyenne wanzer.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

MaterialConceptual posted:

Absolutely. FM5 is one of the best looking PS2 games, which is even more impressive considering that the FM games were always made on a modest budget (And were some of the few SE games to consistently be delivered on schedule).

My favorites include the classic Zenith(Zenislev for you FM3 players:v:) and the Frost, they just look so good in this game!

Koorisch fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 7, 2015

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

FM5 ties up lingering plot threads from the entire series to date, so you'd have your work cut out for you either way. I'd like to see someone take a stab at some of the older games at least. The FM1 LP in the archives is light on gameplay and lore and heavy on the fanfiction.

Should be easier to LP the first game now that it's on the DS, also an entire other story arc is always nice.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

It is sad, but all the talent from G-CRAFT and Quest is gone, so it's not like they really have the people to carry on those series. I used to get really worked up hoping that the company would collapse and they would sell the Ogre Battle, Ivalice, and Front Mission IPs off to the series creators, but I try to focus on the positives in gaming these days.

Yeah, thankfully we can say that there aren't actually any bad games in the series. (Front Mission Evolved isn't what i call a FM game, it's more like a shittier Armored Core or something. :colbert:)

Koorisch fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 8, 2015

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I was just wondering if you could make like a gallery of Wanzers, a bunch of pictures with some info?

It would show us the differences between them and how they look, it's always fun to see the designs since they're pretty cool.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Mehuyael posted:

Just as a note, you should probably post a link to the new video in the post where you say it's up. It makes the update more noticeable.

This, also maybe post the Wanzers you meet in the missions and a quick synopsis of them?

I mean, just from this mission (and the cutscene after) you see at least three different OCU Wanzers.

Koorisch fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 10, 2015

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Night10194 posted:

I thought I recognized the shoulders and profile, but I could definitely be wrong. I only remember so many of the actual Wanzer models as it is.

It's actually a Kyojun, you can see that it's head is fused to the torso and the shoulders are the Kyojun's.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Tin Tim posted:

I may have missed talk about it, but is there no ranking for missions?

FM3's hosed battle ranking has burned itself into my mind :qq:

There is something like that a little bit later but MaterialConceptual will probably delve further into that once we get there.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to mention that the first Wanzer Roundup video is up! I hope you find this interesting, but if you'd rather I didn't do these or I focused on some other aspect of the wanzers just let me know. Of course, if opinion is divided on the issue, those who do not like the Wanzer Roundups can just skip forward to the next video in the series.

I like it, it feels like some pretty good effort and getting information about things like this is like candy for fans of the series.

Also you forgot that the NPC in the second mission has a Gust without the typical gun-arms, maybe take that into the next list too if you want. :v:

You are getting the secret Punchbot after mission 5 right?

Koorisch fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 14, 2015

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

when I was younger I mostly just designed my wanzers to look cool.

That is the correct way to play giant mecha. :colbert:

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I like that they all pick up different guns when they go all Dakka in the cutscene.

I tend to always put high mobility legs on my Wanzers (Frost legs are nice early on for that since they've got good defence and HP as well as nice mobility) when I can, it makes it so much easier to get your Gunner and Launcher units get closer/further away from enemies.

You don't get any bonus objectives until the next mission that one is easy to get.

The set bonus system is a bit weird, i don't really know too much about it to be honest. :v:

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

WaltherFeng posted:

Here's a question related to Front Mission 1st remake since I've never played it:

Is it possible to begin the game with USN campaign if you've already played the original to death on SNES?

Yeah, you can start as the USN from the start, it's just harder if you've not played the regular campaign to the finish.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I see that you accidentally missed the secret i was talking about earlier, here's the tips on how to get it.

Before you Move Out, we can get a special Wanzer.
Speak with Vintas in the Lounge. Speak with Milbank that's nearby and he will walk off. Exit&Enter the Lounge again, speak with Ganch and he will also walk off.
Now, head to the Commander's Room. Press Right and you should be able to highlight that Ganch.
Speak with him and you can get the 4 Grapple parts in the end.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Oh yeah! That's what I get for relying too much on one FAQ!

Well that's why I always save like a maniac. I'll go back and grab the Grapple before I make the next video. This also gives me enough material to start working on the next Wanzer Roundup!

It's a good thing that I told you about it then! :cool:

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
The Growning B2 looks a lot like an overgrown Gust for some reason. :v:

Be sure to abuse the Grapple's bare hands, they're actually better than most other weapons at this stage because of their high damage as well as pretty much 99% hit-rate on anything.

One thing you haven't mentioned (i think) is how the Strikers work, they need more engine power available for more damage, the opposite of the idea in FM4 instead where the heavier you were the more damage you did.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Oh don't you worry, I will make good use of the Grapple :getin:

Excellent, the legacy of PunchBot vs The World continues! :allears:

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Ugh, I forgot how difficult it is to find any information about the unlockable secret wanzers anywhere.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Is it better to get all HW on Walter or is it ok to use HW with Blizzaia limbs or does that mean that we don't get the set bonii?

I still don't really "get" the set bonus completely but you only need to have the same type and subtypes right?

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Good lord, I've been abusing the poo poo out of the Survival Sim, haven't even got to the ship yet and I've already kitted myself out in Dual Gale-II's, Artassaults, several Shield-Limit remover weapons, a few Heavy Pile types and a bunch of Frost C parts!

I think I might have a problem. :v:

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Cool! Good to hear it! I'm glad someone out there actually likes the survival simulator. Just keep in mind that you will have to be pumping RP into all those parts going forward in the game, so you have to pick which parts you actually want to use.

No problem, Walter with dual machineguns or shotguns handles like a champ, especially if I get the Dead Shot versions. :getin:

I'd probably just run a few runs to get some RP if I really care so much about it but since I'm going to play Hard mode after this it really won't matter much if I do spend them all.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Oh man, the next mission is going to be good!

Just love how they can just blow those turrets up almost completely and then just duct-tape them together in less than an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I don't really know anything about that game you're talking about but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see it.

• Locked thread