Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

DaveSplitter posted:

Lol if you really come to a full stop at stop signs.

The cost I paid for harboring this hubristic ideology is immeasurable, except in dollars, because it was like 320 of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Or maybe just 200 I don't remember it was a few years ago, but I had to do online traffic school which was somewhat inconvenient. Stop at stop signs

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Had some guy honk at me immediately after a light turned green today. So I just sat there until it turned yellow and then went, making it so he couldn't get through until the next cycle. Don't honk like an rear end in a top hat, rear end in a top hat. Watching him get progressively more angry in my rear view mirror was delicious.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I don't have a license so, better safe than sorry. I'm just going to chill here in the right turn only lane and not turn on a red even though there's no traffic coming. I'm scared.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

TheJoker138 posted:

Had some guy honk at me immediately after a light turned green today. So I just sat there until it turned yellow and then went, making it so he couldn't get through until the next cycle. Don't honk like an rear end in a top hat, rear end in a top hat. Watching him get progressively more angry in my rear view mirror was delicious.

Honking is the most civil form of discourse

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I don't have a license so, better safe than sorry. I'm just going to chill here in the right turn only lane and not turn on a red even though there's no traffic coming. I'm scared.

At that point why even drive sober? What are they gonna do, take away your license?

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheJoker138 posted:

that's a real good way to get a bat to the face where i'm from

but i will assume you sized him up before the antagonism like any good troll would

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

At that point why even drive sober? What are they gonna do, take away your license?

They can't send me back to El Salvador, I'm a DREAMer :D

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tautologicus posted:

but i will assume you sized him up before the antagonism like any good troll would

He was a skinny white guy wearing one of those hats Sam Jackson wears, so I was pretty sure I was safe.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

They can't send me back to El Salvador, I'm a DREAMer :D

poo poo dude, that's a real Lethal Weapon 2 situation you have going.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

more likely you're the rear end in a top hat who doesn't notice that the light turned green and then gets sassy when somebody gives a quick beep

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

you irl posted:

more likely you're the rear end in a top hat who doesn't notice that the light turned green and then gets sassy when somebody gives a quick beep

I was staring at the light, waiting for it to change. It turned green and immediately, before I even have a chance to move my foot from the brake to the gas, this guy is laying in on his horn. Not a "quick beep" a holding it down, while making an exasperated gesture extended honk.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
so is this a sign that tells you to give way to oncoming traffic as youre merging onto a freeway? why would you need that its sort of implied that you shouldnt pull out in front of the lorry going 70 mph

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

I was staring at the light, waiting for it to change. It turned green and immediately, before I even have a chance to move my foot from the brake to the gas, this guy is laying in on his horn. Not a "quick beep" a holding it down, while making an exasperated gesture extended honk.

its safe to say you are 90, asian, and what you thought was the light was actually a neon sign you saw through the space between the steering wheel and the dash

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp
Raise the speed limit by 5 mph, none of this is an issuse, plus you get better gas mileage. 65 mph is too slow, up it to 70, cruise controller at 76 everyone's happy.

johnny sack
Jan 30, 2004

One day, this team will play to their expectations...

Just not this year..

TheJoker138 posted:

How about next time you just loving go and not worry so much about someone honking a horn at you? What a loving baby.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I usually do 10-15 over, but what I really hate is when you're following a bunch of cars and the lead car is going a bit slow but whatever, you keep your distance from the car in front but some rear end in a top hat behind you just HAS to sit right on your bumper as though it's your fault some rear end in a top hat five cars up can't get it together to do the posted speed limit.

I also hate when people enter intersections before the exit is clear and end up stuck in the middle on a red light, loving up the other direction's green light. Sydney was loving horrible for that. Often the exit would clear as the pedestrian light went on and these assholes will just barge right on through a big crowd of inner city pedestrians expecting right of way.

SpeedGem
Sep 19, 2012

by Ralp

Shithouse Dave posted:

I usually do 10-15 over, but what I really hate is when you're following a bunch of cars and the lead car is going a bit slow but whatever, you keep your distance from the car in front but some rear end in a top hat behind you just HAS to sit right on your bumper as though it's your fault some rear end in a top hat five cars up can't get it together to do the posted speed limit.

I also hate when people enter intersections before the exit is clear and end up stuck in the middle on a red light, loving up the other direction's green light. Sydney was loving horrible for that. Often the exit would clear as the pedestrian light went on and these assholes will just barge right on through a big crowd of inner city pedestrians expecting right of way.

I break check tailgaters, I get new cars from them, stop riding my rear end and your insurance rates won't go up, also get 2 dashcams, one for the rear, one foward facing.

Troutful
May 31, 2011

I drive in New Jersey and I get honked at all the time for doing things like not turning left on red, allowing pedestrians to finish crossing the crosswalk, and not gleefully mowing down schoolchildren and baby birds. If I escalated or did passive aggressive poo poo like sitting at the light until it turned yellow I'd wind up in a ditch by noon, lol if you antagonize other drivers for honking at your dumb rear end

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheJoker138 posted:

Get off your cellphone I got better poo poo to do

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

cunny mcalister posted:

If you are in the left lane doing this you are A Stupid Baby.

Oh yeah I forgot that Washington is also one of the few states where it is legal to underpass cars! I don't have to deal with shitheads who cruise in the passing lane! There is no passing lane! Semi truck drivers LOVE this!!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

gently caress all the goons getting on your poo poo for this, I do this to anyone that honks (not blips) their horn within under a second of the light changing. I also like to slow to a roll and use the walk signal signs to time out a yellow light when I have a tailgater or road rager behind me. Only in extreme cases but its a handy skill for ditching an rear end in a top hat driver or some road rager trying to follow you.

Tautologicus posted:

Or you can launch your car from a sick burnout and leave them in a cloud of tire smoke :madmax: Really though if some dumb redneck in a pickup truck can actually keep up with me after a corner or two they deserve to beat my skinny white rear end with a baseball bat.

Really though if some rear end in a top hat's going to follow you, just call the cops and keep driving until they find you. Or you can do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDYcfycWVOk

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 9, 2015

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HEY VAPER posted:

gently caress all the goons getting on your poo poo for this, I do this to anyone that honks (not blips) their horn within under a second of the light changing. I also like to slow to a roll and use the walk signal signs to time out a yellow light when I have a tailgater or road rager behind me. Only in extreme cases but its a handy skill for ditching an rear end in a top hat driver or some road rager trying to follow you.

I have some bad news, son. Are you sitting down? You are the road raging rear end in a top hat driver in these scenarios

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

johnny sack posted:

How about next time you just loving go and not worry so much about someone honking a horn at you? What a loving baby.

QFT
What's it like having such a pristine upbringing that you literally have never had to just live with someone being an rear end in a top hat? The roads aren't for this joker.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

ethanol posted:

I have some bad news, son. Are you sitting down? You are the road raging rear end in a top hat driver in these scenarios

Seriously. Anyone who give s a gently caress about "punishing" other drivers is in for some stress management therapy down the road. There are assholes everywhere, just chill out and make sure you stay safe.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

ethanol posted:

Yes because intentionally getting a car that's following you stuck in a red at an intersection is totally road rage. Or preemptively stopping some rear end in a top hat who's probably going to follow you in the former case. Its not to piss them off, its to get the gently caress away from them.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HEY VAPER posted:

Yes because intentionally getting a car that's following you stuck in a red at an intersection is totally road rage. Or preemptively stopping some rear end in a top hat who's probably going to follow you in the former case. Its not to piss them off, its to get the gently caress away from them.

In all seriousness you should not be reacting at all and if you didn't drive like a wierdo doing things like "preemptively stopping people from following you" nobody would be interested enough to kick your rear end

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

BlueBlazer posted:

I'm that guy, the one who yields to the laws of Traffic, how can you dare rush the fabric of time to speed past the time of Yield.

One must pay respects.

The Yield is that time.

Penance must be paid.

The penetant man shall pass.

Troutful
May 31, 2011

HEY VAPER posted:

Yeah but any driver who's already pissed enough to honk/tailgate is only going to get angrier when they notice you playing dumb little games with them

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HEY VAPER posted:

Oh yeah I forgot that Washington is also one of the few states where it is legal to underpass cars! I don't have to deal with shitheads who cruise in the passing lane! There is no passing lane! Semi truck drivers LOVE this!!!!

Or you can launch your car from a sick burnout and leave them in a cloud of tire smoke :madmax: Really though if some dumb redneck in a pickup truck can actually keep up with me after a corner or two they deserve to beat my skinny white rear end with a baseball bat.

Really though if some rear end in a top hat's going to follow you, just call the cops and keep driving until they find you. Or you can do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDYcfycWVOk

That would be way more fun if both sides had guns.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

ethanol posted:

In all seriousness you should not be reacting at all and if you didn't drive like a wierdo doing things like "preemptively stopping people from following you" nobody would be interested enough to kick your rear end

I mean if a dude's sitting in his car laying on the horn and foaming at the mouth because I didn't launch my car from redline the second the light flipped green, it's a pretty safe assumption to say he's also the type of rear end in a top hat to follow you and continue raging. I usually just move over and let them pass, but on a 1 way with no shoulder I'm ditching them at a light, sorry cars behind the rear end in a top hat! If someone's going to follow me through 3 or more turns, I'm going to drive in an evasive manner and try to get the gently caress away from him. How does that not make any sense to you?

Troutful posted:

Yeah but any driver who's already pissed enough to honk/tailgate is only going to get angrier when they notice you playing dumb little games with them

Usually not pissed enough to follow through a red though.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 9, 2015

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

HEY VAPER posted:

I mean if a dude's sitting in his car laying on the horn and foaming at the mouth because I didn't launch my car from redline the second the light flipped green, it's a pretty safe assumption to say he's also the type of rear end in a top hat to follow you and continue raging. I usually just move over and let them pass, but on a 1 way with no shoulder I'm ditching them at a light, sorry cars behind the rear end in a top hat! If someone's going to follow me through 3 or more turns, I'm going to drive in an evasive manner and try to get the gently caress away from him. How does that not make any sense to you?

Usually not pissed enough to follow through a red though.

This just got weird.

Seriouspost: It doesn't make any sense to us, because it doesn't make any sense. You're literally trying to "evade" an angry driver by making them more angry. "Oh, no, he'll never follow me through a red," was an actual plot to a King of the Hill episode.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
ive never had to flee an angry motorist

there was an incident involving a car of teenage boys, a cyclist and an unanticipated temporary traffic light but that was an aberration

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Drunk Nerds posted:

This just got weird.

Seriouspost: It doesn't make any sense to us, because it doesn't make any sense. You're literally trying to "evade" an angry driver by making them more angry. "Oh, no, he'll never follow me through a red," was an actual plot to a King of the Hill episode.

I like to think these kinds of people are always at the maximum amount of angry whenever they are behind the wheel and you really can't make it much worse once they decide that YOU'RE the car that's going to make them take 16 minutes instead of 15 to get to wal*mart.

Lol if that's true though, what episode was that? Wanna watch it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HEY VAPER posted:

I like to think these kinds of people are always at the maximum amount of angry whenever they are behind the wheel and you really can't make it much worse once they decide that YOU'RE the car that's going to make them take 16 minutes instead of 15 to get to wal*mart.

Lol if that's true though, what episode was that? Wanna watch it.

Ah yes the George Zimmerman school of driving

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If you don't antagonize everybody else on the road you might as well flush the keys to your prius down the toilet. I cut people off for no reason and slow down in front of them just to get my rocks off. The best thing about this is that I get away with it all and nobody can do a thing to stop me.

E: iirc its the one where Hank is the mack daddy of Arlen

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

amityville anus posted:

If you don't antagonize everybody else on the road you might as well flush the keys to your prius down the toilet. I cut people off for no reason and slow down in front of them just to get my rocks off. The best thing about this is that I get away with it all and nobody can do a thing to stop me.

E: iirc its the one where Hank is the mack daddy of Arlen

Prius? Just getting your charge on with that regenerative braking.

Yep you're right, I thought it was that episode too.

Liking how goons interpret things I do in extreme situations involving road raging drivers maybe once every couple years as how I drive on a regular basis though :V

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

If you let someone in who is trying to skip 800m or so of rush hour traffic by staying in the far right lane and then merging in just before it ends you are a loving COWARD.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
kill all other drivers

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Sidakafitz posted:

If you let someone in who is trying to skip 800m or so of rush hour traffic by staying in the far right lane and then merging in just before it ends you are a loving COWARD.

Oh hey don't mind me trying to merge into the i-405 ramp at the last second while there's 3 miles of cars backed up to get on the ramp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Your allowed to check a car that does that and if a cop sees it he has to let them die, little life hack there for ya

• Locked thread