Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Tautologicus posted:

theyre still mostly imported from germany, unless you bought an X5, which are made in north carolina. or any X at all actually.

real pimps drive E34's (or E32's..!) anyway

e28 or e34 m5, or a swapped NA stroker e34 wagon is on my bucket list of cars

how can you watch this and not want an e34 m5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01GSt6lvdA8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HEY VAPER posted:

its still on the fence if i posted all those words about my e30 or if i was roleplaying ai.... eye of the beholder

That's p cool. Do you larp too?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HEY VAPER posted:

e28 or e34 m5, or a swapped NA stroker e34 wagon is on my bucket list of cars

how can you watch this and not want an e34 m5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01GSt6lvdA8

It's pretty easy for me to look at any bmw and not want it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Just made an 8oz bison burger on toasted sesame seed bun with avocado mash with season and pikapepper sauce, this was coated with a spicy banana ketchup.

Good meal.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
I had a guy with an audi s4 break into my house. The police arrested him at a bus station.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

ethanol posted:

It's pretty easy for me to look at any bmw and not want it

can your car even do sick drifts around huge corners son????

yes it can

dougdrums posted:

I had a guy with an audi s4 break into my house. The police arrested him at a bus station.

audi.txt

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HEY VAPER posted:

can your car even do sick drifts around huge corners son????

yes it can

audi.txt

Tbh it does that p well

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

ethanol posted:

Tbh it does that p well

wow guys do you see that? this guy drifts his car on PUBLIC STREETS! wow slow down you're going to kill someone there. you know what I would do in that situation? do you? Typical miata owner. is this guy serious. wow. heh :smug:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HEY VAPER posted:

you know what I would do in that situation? do you?

just becasue i own a miata does not mean i am gay so please hold back from doing me

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
Hey can agree about how terrible audis are.

The R8 has a switch in the gas pedal that is for euthanizing audi owners if they try to come out of a corner too quickly.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

ethanol posted:

just becasue i own a miata does not mean i am gay so please hold back from doing me

i'm not gay and i came from a good christian upbringing but i was considering doing a few modifications to my body even though i'm mostly keeping it stock. mostly just typical maintenance stuff. shaving my butt, treating my stretch marks with coconut oil, plucking my eyebrows etc. but I was thinking about making a few cosmetic modifications:

- Laser hair delete (the upkeep is a huge PAIN IN THE BUTT hehe)
- Leather side skirt
- Spironolactone and estrofem injections (runs better than the factory testosterone)
- Eyeshadow (only part that isn't OEM)
- Facial Feminization Surgery (Was a factory option but didn't come with it)

As you can tell I'm not a typical miata owner, I'm not just one of those gays

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 11, 2015

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

dougdrums posted:

Hey can agree about how terrible audis are.

The R8 has a switch in the gas pedal that is for euthanizing audi owners if they try to come out of a corner too quickly.

spending $115,000 on a volkswagen

return0
Apr 11, 2007

dougdrums posted:

I'm unironically trying but I have no clue what is going on here if you want to explain.

In the uk our smaller 70mph roads only have two lanes (in each direction). We drive on the left, so when traffic is flowing normally and it's not gridlocked the left lane is our "normal" driving lane and the right is for overtaking. We don't have yield or stop signs at on ramps (or, sliproads as we call them) but they are marked with a dashed line, which indicates a junction like on every other road. This means you are supposed to signal, and yield to oncoming traffic. Some people always assume that drivers in the left will move over to the right without considering that there might be someone overtaking, so they just ignore that it's a junction and pull out like two feet in front of oncoming traffic urgh

The road on the left of this image is what i mean, hth

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ah okay, that problem is present here too, in the United States.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

You know what else grinds my gears? When someone get into the left turn only lane and then books it straight when the light turns green to beat you. I think some dude compiled a video of one person doing this over and over again every day.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
what about people who get in the right most lane at a red light when going straight while other lane options are open, preventing the right-on-red? i like to risk damage to my veichle by violently jerking forward half on the walkway and very close to the culprt car while looking menacingly at the driver as I stop to reiterate the gravity of the situation

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

return0 posted:

In the uk our smaller 70mph roads only have two lanes (in each direction). We drive on the left, so when traffic is flowing normally and it's not gridlocked the left lane is our "normal" driving lane and the right is for overtaking. We don't have yield or stop signs at on ramps (or, sliproads as we call them) but they are marked with a dashed line, which indicates a junction like on every other road. This means you are supposed to signal, and yield to oncoming traffic. Some people always assume that drivers in the left will move over to the right without considering that there might be someone overtaking, so they just ignore that it's a junction and pull out like two feet in front of oncoming traffic urgh

The road on the left of this image is what i mean, hth

Euro Truck Simulator led me to believe that there are some lovely designs over there: traffic physically stopping at the end of certain on-ramps; also, outside lane getting a solid white line and forcing you off the highway or merging everyone continuing on into the passing lane.

Clarity: outside lane being the one on the outside of the road as a whole. The British must have really hosed up the language, cause on Top Gear (UK) they referred to the passing lane as the outside lane. That is the lane on the right, in between, at the center of the road, the inner most, right?

return0
Apr 11, 2007
We don't really say passing lane here (or I've never heard anyone use it), we say right-hand lane or overtaking lane; it's the rightmost land in your current direction. I've never really heard anyone use outside lane in that context (I think about it more as a racing thing?) but I guess it makes sense, the right lane would be the outside/overtaking lane.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
people that put a turn signal on, in the middle of making the turn

WWHOA so that's what you were going to do, let me precog that to my past self so it is useful

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Why don't cops ever pull people over for violations like that? Really they only ever seem to go after things that don't even disrupt traffic much or might make it smoother like treating stop signs as yields or speeding. I'd rather have 10 guys pass me going 20 over than get stuck behind someone who doesn't acknowledge passing lanes, doesn't use turn signals, or doesn't pull off when they're building up a line of cars behind them like they're legally required to do.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
snow season is pretty much over here (I hope) but people who ride your rear end in huge cars when the roads suck can go to hell

sorry my car sucks in the snow, buddy- if you've got the stones then just loving pass me

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Why don't cops ever pull people over for violations like that? Really they only ever seem to go after things that don't even disrupt traffic much or might make it smoother like treating stop signs as yields or speeding. I'd rather have 10 guys pass me going 20 over than get stuck behind someone who doesn't acknowledge passing lanes, doesn't use turn signals, or doesn't pull off when they're building up a line of cars behind them like they're legally required to do.

in new york you're required to have your blinker on when changing lanes and they do pull people over for not doing it. so everyone uses their blinker all the time, but usually only in the most half rear end way

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i love merging behind someone at 20mph and seeing big rigs blasting by at 80mph endlessly

Im just screaming at the top of my lungs YOU ARE GOING TO KILL US ALL YOU OLD BASTARD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Philthy posted:

i love merging behind someone at 20mph and seeing big rigs blasting by at 80mph endlessly

Im just screaming at the top of my lungs YOU ARE GOING TO KILL US ALL YOU OLD BASTARD

just another reason why the Nissan Juke R is the perfect commuter car https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppzxa_M1aA0

• Locked thread