Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chinchilla
May 1, 2010

In their native habitat, chinchillas live in burrows or crevices in rocks. They are agile jumpers and can jump up to 6 ft (1.8 m).

Trigramatic posted:

Remember that apart from being a ~TERRIBLE~ bastardization of Icelandic (sorry, Great Joe!), it's meant to be friður, with a soft 'th' sound :spergin:

All I can see when I look at this new username is "fried dermis"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

chinchilla posted:

All I can see when I look at this new username is "fried dermis"

Did Joe put you up to this? :mad:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Fridurmus posted:

Did Joe put you up to this? :mad:
I don't even know the guy. :(

chinchilla
May 1, 2010

In their native habitat, chinchillas live in burrows or crevices in rocks. They are agile jumpers and can jump up to 6 ft (1.8 m).
No that was actually before I watched the update. I'm also curious about the meaning though!

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

chinchilla posted:

No that was actually before I watched the update. I'm also curious about the meaning though!

Fine, fine.

"Friðurmús" or Friðarmús translates fairly literally to "Peace mouse", which he liked the sound of at the time because I'm both an overzealous pacifist in real life (Ask my boyfriend about the time I tried to catch-release a roach because I didn't want to kill it) and a good amount shorter and rounder than he is. There, that's the whole story, and I ran it past him first so that I know I'm not going to unduly embarrass him.

As long as I'm making a post from school, Alien 5, Alien 6, and Alien 7 are now online, to make amends for the lack of SUPER SPECIAL BONUS GAME today.

Fridurmus fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 12, 2015

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Fridurmus posted:

Fine, fine.

"Friðurmús" or Friðarmús translates fairly literally to "Peace mouse", which he liked the sound of at the time because I'm both an overzealous pacifist in real life (Ask my boyfriend about the time I tried to catch-release a roach because I didn't want to kill it) and a good amount shorter and rounder than he is. There, that's the whole story, and I ran it past him first so that I know I'm not going to unduly embarrass him.

Now I'm kinda dissapointed it wasn't a pun on fledermús.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Fridurmus posted:

Fine, fine.

I would like to refer to the text below your avatar :v:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 12, 2015

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I was really enjoying your stream of GTA:San Andreas, wish you still had the rest of it or could put it on YouTube.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I was really enjoying your stream of GTA:San Andreas, wish you still had the rest of it or could put it on YouTube.

I was afraid someone would say that. :smith:

Sorry, man, it's gone. It became a huge hassle to actually export the clips from Twitch and, at the time, I didn't have software that could do what I wanted with mp4 files (which OBS and Xsplit both output.)

I'm probably going to do another few streams of that type, though not necessarily with any charitable or monetary goal, probably over spring break (week after next--I live in Florida, I can get nice beaches whenever I want with a 15m drive.) So hopefully something you like will come of that.

Nalesh posted:

I would like to refer to the text below your avatar :v:

:v: I'm just roleplaying Wei Shen's conscience.

Edminster posted:

Now I'm kinda dissapointed it wasn't a pun on fledermús.

I've notified Trig about this post and he'll probably think up some awful pun to respond with, if it makes you feel better.

Ghost of St Helens
Oct 11, 2007
I'm surprised there aren't more Big Trouble in Little China references in this game. Seems like a missed opportunity :(

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Alright, so, Rossi and I spent most of yesterday trying to make something work.

It really didn't.

We were going to play Damnation, the game that sank Blue Omega studios before they could even get going.

But the amount of questionable software involved in even making it work co-op was greater than zero and the effect on our audio (Rossi being a professional engineer, and me having just installed a new higher-quality microphone that was working great in tests) was... distressing. We both noticed popping and clicking from the other's audio stream and I have begun a campaign of cleansing on the horrible, awful poo poo that was installed to make that game work.

In exchange, I've got Alien 8, Alien 9, and Alien 10 uploaded, the final parts of the first session are coming tomorrow, I've got plenty of Sleeping Dogs in the pipeline and I'll probably run a stream tonight after I finish with something Joe's going to do. :negative:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Fridurmus posted:

Alright, so, Rossi and I spent most of yesterday trying to make something work.

It really didn't.

We were going to play Damnation, the game that sank Blue Omega studios before they could even get going.

But the amount of questionable software involved in even making it work co-op was greater than zero and the effect on our audio (Rossi being a professional engineer, and me having just installed a new higher-quality microphone that was working great in tests) was... distressing. We both noticed popping and clicking from the other's audio stream and I have begun a campaign of cleansing on the horrible, awful poo poo that was installed to make that game work.

That didn't sound as bad as I expected. I mean unacceptable for something where I care about quality, but for Damnation it'd pass. So what do you say? Back into the breach?!

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

JossiRossi posted:

That didn't sound as bad as I expected. I mean unacceptable for something where I care about quality, but for Damnation it'd pass. So what do you say? Back into the breach?!

No. Because among other things I already deleted Tunngle because it scared the piss out of me having that on my PC.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It really is too bad that this poo poo game won't behave and let you record it. :(

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Stream was fun, I hope it was good for you too, new Sleeping Dogs soon.

Fridurmus fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 16, 2015

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

It's Update Day!

:frogsiren: Episode 27: The Funeral (Uncut Version) is now live, this time with Great Joe! :frogsiren:

Joe and Fridur go to a Funeral, play with firearms, and resolve disagreements between each other amicably and totally not in sarcastic edits.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

He looked like a woman from the lovely encode you gave me. t:mad:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Great Joe posted:

He looked like a woman from the lovely encode you gave me. t:mad:

Excuses!

Also, I just hit the encoding stage for SD28, with significantly less arguing over NPC gender.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The funeral a was a fun fight. This mission was where I really mastered jumping over poo poo.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Yeah, the cover system is great because in most gunfights you're always pushing forward, so have a way to do that as well as making it easier to shoot enemies makes fights really neat (you extend the slow motion every time you get a kill, so jumping over a wall and shooting six people in the head is not just possible, but encouraged).

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Does anyone know what the Definitive Edition is like? Much as I love this game I'm not psyched to spend so much on a game if it's almost identical to the original.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Tin Hat posted:

Does anyone know what the Definitive Edition is like? Much as I love this game I'm not psyched to spend so much on a game if it's almost identical to the original.

Minor improvements across the board graphically including extra volumetric fog and higher actor density, probably better character modeling. At least all of the major dlc is included. Is it worth the money? Well, if you haven't played the original, then yeah probably.

If you have, then, ehh. It's not as expensive as it normally would be if you own the original on Steam, but I don't think graphical improvements are that important.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

As a heads up, the closed beta test for Triad Wars is currently going, and this site is giving away keys. I've been playing it and so far it's worth checking out, if nothing else. :buddy:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

First MMO I'll give a try since Eberron.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

It's Update Day!

:frogsiren: Episode 28: Shootout (Uncut Version) is now live, still with Great Joe! :frogsiren:

Joe and I learn some more martial arts techniques, then engage in a campaign of defending our turf.

CommanderNina
Jan 10, 2013

-Take On Me plays aggressively in the background-

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

CommanderNina posted:

-Take On Me plays aggressively in the background-

Oh my god. :allears:

mkwong98
Feb 8, 2013
The color belt is used mostly in Japanese martial arts, so it probably has no meaning in a Chinese martial art school.

CommanderNina
Jan 10, 2013

Fridurmus posted:

Oh my god. :allears:

THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT MEDIOCRE CRAP CAME FROM.

Pork Bun King: Have it your wei.

My boyfriend is 10 feet away playing SD and, having just learned the legbreaker move, is gleefully rampaging around Hong Kong. I blame you.

[EDIT] I'm a bad person and forgot to add that said boyfriend Emery is the one who came up with the idea for that piece. I just drew the thing. Poorly.

CommanderNina fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 23, 2015

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I could have sworn that you could have all of the martial arts move by the time you bug Vivienne's apartment (in fact I know so because that sonofabitch statue spent a long time sitting just out of reach taunting me). You should get the last one because the last move is super-rad, I think it has the same animation as a nonlethal heavy takedown in Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Also don't think I didn't hear that comment about being in the Wei, you Salty Crab you :pervert:

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

ManlyGrunting posted:

I could have sworn that you could have all of the martial arts move by the time you bug Vivienne's apartment (in fact I know so because that sonofabitch statue spent a long time sitting just out of reach taunting me). You should get the last one because the last move is super-rad, I think it has the same animation as a nonlethal heavy takedown in Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Also don't think I didn't hear that comment about being in the Wei, you Salty Crab you :pervert:

You are absolutely correct and I was wrong! My bad. I'll correct myself in the next video. :shobon:

CommanderNina posted:

THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT MEDIOCRE CRAP CAME FROM.

Pork Bun King: Have it your wei.

My boyfriend is 10 feet away playing SD and, having just learned the legbreaker move, is gleefully rampaging around Hong Kong. I blame you.

Oh my god.

You're welcome, because the leg breaker is the best move. :colbert:

mkwong98 posted:

The color belt is used mostly in Japanese martial arts, so it probably has no meaning in a Chinese martial art school.

HEY JOE

powerful lizard
Jan 28, 2009
Wei Shen and Lara "I have a grenade launcher and I'm going to kill every one of you!" Croft would get along swimmingly.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

t:mad:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

[this comment removed by the NRA, the ASA and the IKFF]

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 21, 2015

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

It's Update Day!

:frogsiren: Episode 29: Cleanup Part One (Uncut Version) is now live, still with JossiRossi! :frogsiren:

James Rossi and I start the final police investigation, as soon as we get done with the myriad distractions of the final leg of the game!

chinchilla
May 1, 2010

Are you going to do the dlc missions? The zodiac tournament is pretty magnificent.

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
Using cars as ramps was one of my favorite things to do in the game.

I pretty much try doing it in any game with motorcycles.

Nuckelavee
Feb 25, 2014

Fridurmus posted:

...the final leg of the game!

Well yeah, Wei broke all of the game's other legs.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Nuckelavee posted:

Well yeah, Wei broke all of the game's other legs.

:allears: I wasn't even going for a setup, good job.

sporadicsarcasm posted:

Using cars as ramps was one of my favorite things to do in the game.

I pretty much try doing it in any game with motorcycles.

I'm half-tempted to just keep doing it and wind up with a highlight reel that's just me trying to get bikes into dumb places. I did find a clipping error once doing that, but it didn't amount to anything!

chinchilla posted:

Are you going to do the dlc missions? The zodiac tournament is pretty magnificent.

I'm currently planning on doing them. I don't own Zodiac Tournament, though! I'll need to go pick it up if it's inexpensive enough!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Fridurmus posted:

Minor improvements across the board graphically including extra volumetric fog and higher actor density, probably better character modeling. At least all of the major dlc is included. Is it worth the money? Well, if you haven't played the original, then yeah probably.

If you have, then, ehh. It's not as expensive as it normally would be if you own the original on Steam, but I don't think graphical improvements are that important.
They did make one huge improvement, namely the removal of the weird screen shake/motion blur effect the original version had when you drove fast. It still has some motion blur going on to give you that sense of speed or something, but no more shakycam! :toot: Driving is so much better now.

Unfortunately, they also ruined some of the clothing items. The dino skull t-shirt no longer has the dino skull, and the Couronne FUBAR hoodie's colors are muted and ugly instead of garish and ugly (and awesome).

Original kickin' rad version:

Definitive Edition RUINED FOREVER version :byodood::

I don't even know. It's also like this on PS4 so it's not even my GPU loving up.

• Locked thread