Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Kobanya posted:

This also reminds me that I'll have to work in more puns in the story, which is tentatively slated for this Wed.

I can hardly Weit. :3:

Oh poo poo new page. Umm.

So Chinese Vampires are weird, aren't they Fridurmus? All jumping and stuff. So instead of us needing a Simon Belmont we'd need a Simon Bellhop, Right? Right? Though he might be bringing too much baggage!

. . . I'll get my coat.

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
I almost regret having to talk over the videos because this game is so good. almost

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Ceciltron posted:

I almost regret having to talk over the videos because this game is so good. almost

That reminds me, I have a surprise for you coming tomorrow completely unrelated to the Nightmare commentary. :v:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

E-Tank posted:

I can hardly Weit. :3:

Oh poo poo new page. Umm.

So Chinese Vampires are weird, aren't they Fridurmus? All jumping and stuff. So instead of us needing a Simon Belmont we'd need a Simon Bellhop, Right? Right? Though he might be bringing too much baggage!

. . . I'll get my coat.

:golfclap:I do hope that somebody actually does post some more information on Jiang-shi, unforunately, all I know about them comes from Touhou and Darkstalkers.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

:golfclap:I do hope that somebody actually does post some more information on Jiang-shi, unforunately, all I know about them comes from Touhou and Darkstalkers.

Cecil has some information for us! Worry not! In retrospect, the versions of the video should probably be called 'Educational' and 'Game-Focused'. :v:

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Once the video's up I'll give y'all some companion material. In a week, you'll all know as much as I do!

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Which, admittedly, is not very much, but still...you know.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Ceciltron posted:

Which, admittedly, is not very much, but still...you know.

Did I say I'd put this up tomorrow? I lied.

Ceciltron? Ceciltron! Ceciltron...

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

David D. Davidson posted:

Speaking of which, the chorus for this is pmuch what looped in my head while watching that horrible cleanup stream :v: I'd still love to watch fridur utterly fail at a bullet hell btw :3:

Why is the related videos on the cleanup stream full of this random turkish dudes videos anyway.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

Fridurmus posted:

Did I say I'd put this up tomorrow? I lied.

Ceciltron? Ceciltron! Ceciltron...

:swoon:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Nalesh posted:

I'd still love to watch fridur utterly fail at a bullet hell btw :3:
There's so many good danmaku out there, no reason to lower yourself down to a few turds made in some mom's basement.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

It's time!

I tried some new things with the audio this time, please tell me what you think. I'm more than willing to re-adjust as necessary!

The year it was released, Sleeping Dogs saw its first major DLC come out, appropriately, on October 30.

Designed as a continuation of Sleeping Dogs' infatuation with Hong Kong cinema, Nightmare in North Point turns its affections to a very different genre. When all Hell breaks loose one night and Not Ping is kidnapped by the undead, Wei Shen is forced to battle demons, vampires, the ghosts of those he's killed, and the vengeful spirit of dead gangster Smiley Cat to save both her and the entirety of Hong Kong.

I wasn't prepared to go into this alone, so I grabbed a supposed expert. Unfortunately, he got sick! But he showed up anyway (thanks Ceciltron) and our adventure could begin more or less on schedule.

Welcome to the Nightmare in North Point!

Nightmare in North Point 01: A Crash-Course In Jiangshi
Nightmare in North Point 01 - Uncut: A Crash-Course in Jiangshi

Nalesh posted:

that horrible cleanup stream. :v: I'd still love to watch fridur utterly fail at a bullet hell btw :3:

That can be arranged! What's this about horrible, HUH :negative:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
This looks like it's going to be a fun time

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Please tell me more about the medicinal applications of anti-freeze.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm so happy environmental kills still work. :3:

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
I learned everything I know about jiangshi from Super Mario Land.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Great Joe posted:

Please tell me more about the medicinal applications of anti-freeze.

But of course.

Neige posted:

I learned everything I know about jiangshi from Super Mario Land.

I learned everything I know about jiangshi from Strange Tales From a Chinese Studio, Mr. Vampire, and Ceciltron! It works out.

Update Time!
:ghost:Nightmare in North Point 02: Antifreeze and Hell Money:ghost: sees Ceciltron and I returning to the haunted streets of Hong Kong for a scintillating discussion on Antifreeze, Hell Money, and ways of warding off angry ancestors. Don't miss it!

As a side note, I'm still playing around with the audio editing, so tell me how this one sounds!

Kobanya
Aug 6, 2013
All I know about jiangshi I learned from Jackie Chan Adventures, from that episode where Uncle turned into one. I think that had that prolific Chinese voice actor as one of the jiangshi as well.

In other news, I'm kinda stuck on the last section of the Wei Shen story. Do you guys want full ghoner action, just a mention of the ghoner, or what? I mean, I have no problem writing full Harlequin novel paragraphs, but I can also gloss over it. Alternatively, I can make two versions of the story: one with ghoner and one without. Whatever you guys are cool with, I'll write and then I can finally finish this thing before finals week. :3:

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

Kobanya posted:

All I know about jiangshi I learned from Jackie Chan Adventures, from that episode where Uncle turned into one. I think that had that prolific Chinese voice actor as one of the jiangshi as well.

In other news, I'm kinda stuck on the last section of the Wei Shen story. Do you guys want full ghoner action, just a mention of the ghoner, or what? I mean, I have no problem writing full Harlequin novel paragraphs, but I can also gloss over it. Alternatively, I can make two versions of the story: one with ghoner and one without. Whatever you guys are cool with, I'll write and then I can finally finish this thing before finals week. :3:

I want as much ghoner as humanly possible.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
I really cannot express my love for both the Chinese Vampire genre nor the Nightmare in North Point expansion in words.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Perhaps an interpretive dance would be more à propos, but alas, I lack the coordination and agility.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Kobanya posted:

Maximum ghoner.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Ceciltron posted:

Perhaps an interpretive dance would be more à propos, but alas, I lack the coordination and agility.

i believe in u

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Wouldn't flooding the Hell economy by burning millions of fake dollars cause rampant inflation and economic crises?

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
Why do you think they need to burn millions of hellbucks for their deceased loved ones? S'worth less than a Vietnamese Dong [exchange rate: 21,595 to $1 US]. [yes, that's an actual currency, look it up]

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
drat that's a lot of dongs for a dollar.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Nalesh posted:

drat that's a lot of dongs for a dollar.

:golfclap: I want to print out this post and frame it.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

:gizz:

thetrueoskar
Jan 22, 2011
Finally caught up with this. Glad to see it back.

Isn't Chaozu from Dragon Ball a jiangshi?

I was a little confused by the end of the "actual" game when I finished it (to be honest, I picked it up because of this thread, after seeing you slap a guy with a giant fish and having to pause the video for an hour and a half until I stopped laughing). I thought Wei's job was to totally stop the Sun On Yee by bringing down all the leaders, not just shuffle around the higher-ups and put someone else in charge?

I mean, Po WAS getting a little older, maybe the police decided it'd be better to remove him on their terms, rather than the triads', but... I don't know. Unless I missed/forgot something, or it's a sequel hook. Or Aunty's on the payroll?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

thetrueoskar posted:

Finally caught up with this. Glad to see it back.

Isn't Chaozu from Dragon Ball a jiangshi?

I was a little confused by the end of the "actual" game when I finished it (to be honest, I picked it up because of this thread, after seeing you slap a guy with a giant fish and having to pause the video for an hour and a half until I stopped laughing). I thought Wei's job was to totally stop the Sun On Yee by bringing down all the leaders, not just shuffle around the higher-ups and put someone else in charge?

I mean, Po WAS getting a little older, maybe the police decided it'd be better to remove him on their terms, rather than the triads', but... I don't know. Unless I missed/forgot something, or it's a sequel hook. Or Aunty's on the payroll?

Wei was sent in to deal with Uncle Po and Sonny Wo because Pendrew had a score to settle. When that was done, the operation was done. Wei stayed in to kill Big Smile Lee and keep things from getting worse.

Kobanya
Aug 6, 2013
Following Fridurmus' track, submitting things barely within the time I said I would! (I mentally changed my release date to this Sat sssh)

:nws:Ghoner's Paradise :nws:

Hopefully that link works properly. Warning for maximum ghoner action, like full on Harlequin novel action. I was actually going to add more, but I ended up laughing too hard at what was already written.

Enjoy! Let me know what you think of it as well. There are less puns than I expected, but I did throw in some hearty references to the LP, and to the game itself.

e: Whoops, forgot this thing. It's story-important: The text from Jackie mentioned in the story

e2: Definitely don't look at this at work. Unless your boss is cool with that sort of thing.

Kobanya fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 26, 2015

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
Well that was certainly something :stare:

Kobanya
Aug 6, 2013
You guys said you wanted maximum ghoner, so I wrote maximum ghoner.

Now that it's not so late at night, I may go back and edit a few things. I wrote that last bit last night and I think it really shows. :/

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

I have not read the Ghoner yet as I feel it is not yet the right time.

That said, bad news: Cecil's still sick, and I'm of the opinions that A) he needs to be the wingman for Nightmare, and B) he needs to rest his lovely pipes. This plus finals starting the Monday after next leads me to the unfortunate conclusion that I won't be able to update the LP proper for at least Monday, possibly not until finals are over. Sorry!

Consolation prize: The Dick Killer livestream, tomorrow FINE GOD TUESDAY night at 8 PM EST. Bring your friends and plenty of alcohol.

Fridurmus fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 27, 2015

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug
I approve of FINE GOD TUESDAY as a time for things.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Preparing to go live with the DICK KILLER stream that Joe isn't going to stick around for because he omits details: http://www.hitbox.tv/fridurmus

Currently in a holding pattern, though! Should start in about five minutes!

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I never heard of this game before, yet it's absolutely amazing *_*

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Fridurmus posted:

Preparing to go live with the DICK KILLER stream that Joe isn't going to stick around for because he omits details: http://www.hitbox.tv/fridurmus

Currently in a holding pattern, though! Should start in about five minutes!

Missed the stream, will it be up anywhere else?

TyreForHyre
Dec 22, 2011

Ask me about capital Ds and how disintegration is totally rad.

CzarChasm posted:

Missed the stream, will it be up anywhere else?

Later today or sometime tomorrow when he gets a chance to toss it up on Youtube.
Was a good stream, got cussed out by a Québécois while he was on a train drunk as a skunk, and we all got to witness a man slowly become a broken shell as DarkSidePhyitus infected his nervous system.
Also schlongs got shot, penises pierced, dicks demolished, and wangs got wrecked.
The best part was the 420flagscoping we got to witness in Minesweeper though, which in case you did not know can be played with a loving controller.
Yes, the controller rumbles when you hit a mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Pillbug

TyreForHyre posted:

Was a good stream, got cussed out by a Québécois while he was on a train drunk as a skunk,

You're welcome ;)

• Locked thread