Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Really? A hero? All she did was not want to get her fat rear end up to another seat. Who are the real black female heroes america?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

actually she was pretty cool op

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Rosa Parks also had ice breath, the reason she's a hero is because she didn't use it to get her way.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Afeni Shakur

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
She's no beyonce

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

She's a great symbol OP. The act she committed was, as you say, objectively "no big deal".

But when you put everything in context, and what became of her mundane act - the spark that lit the civil rights movement - it's epic.
And she becomes a big drat hero.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its the cops who are the real heroes

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Google Ida B Wells pls

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also, p. edgy thread OP. Prolly gonna get :gas:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
when i rode the bus nerds sat in the front and all the cool kids sat in the back seats smoking cigarettes

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Full Metal Jackass posted:

She's no beyonce

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
There was another young woman who made the same stand before Rosa Parks but the NAACP didn't publicize her because she was a pregnant teenager.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Madam negress I insist you resign yourself to the end-most of the bus so I may posit my white buttock in this seat

:nyd:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

McDowell posted:

There was another young woman who made the same stand before Rosa Parks but the NAACP didn't publicize her because she was a pregnant teenager.

slut

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
really when you think about it, cops are the real heroes in general everyday life they are living rosa parks life putting their life in danger

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

redshirt posted:

Also, p. edgy thread OP. Prolly gonna get :gas:

yeah like i'm going to take posting tips from the likes of you bitch titted gently caress up

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ramsus posted:

yeah like i'm going to take posting tips from the likes of you bitch titted gently caress up

Your loss, friend. Rosa Parks was a hero. A mundane hero. An old lady hero. Not a sword and storm the bunker male hero you're used to. You sexist pig.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
her theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC86yQAzaxg

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Op you should reconsider your racist opinion and stop trolling innocent people

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

redshirt posted:

Your loss, friend. Rosa Parks was a hero. A mundane hero. An old lady hero. Not a sword and storm the bunker male hero you're used to. You sexist pig.

now i hate women too? hosed up

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Ramsus posted:

now i hate women too? hosed up

please love women

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
id gently caress her prob

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drsQLEU0N1Y

"Ah ha, hush that fuss
Everybody move to the back of the bus
Do you wanna bump and slump with us
We the type of people make the club get crunk"

She'd be proud, I'm sure.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

please love women

women are pretty

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Ramsus posted:

Really? A hero? All she did was not want to get her fat rear end up to another seat. Who are the real black female heroes america?

that makes it even better tho?

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

katlington posted:

that makes it even better tho?

a precursor to the welfare state perhaps

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Not only wouldn't she move

She was manspreading

She was tearing down walls like Hercules that day

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Refusing to get out of her seat was actually pre-planned with an activist group she was a part of, op.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

little munchkin posted:

Refusing to get out of her seat was actually pre-planned with an activist group she was a part of, op.

Most of which were commies for real

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
2/10. This is pretty low effort. Black comics have been making this joke for like 2 decades.

E: Coming to America was like late 80's, so really it's more like 3 decades.

Hobohemian fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 8, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Most of which were commies for real

COMMIES?!?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

redshirt posted:

Actually, Rosa Parks owned like 9 different ways:

quote:

People always say that I didn't give up my seat because I was tired, but that isn't true. I was not tired physically, or no more tired than I usually was at the end of a working day. I was not old, although some people have an image of me as being old then. I was forty-two. No, the only tired I was, was tired of giving in.

quote:

In the aftermath of the 1967 disorder, Mrs. Parks collaborated with members of the League of Revolutionary Black Workers and the Republic of New Afrika in raising awareness of police abuse during the conflict. She served on a "people's tribunal" investigating the killing of three young men in what was known as the Algiers Hotel Incident. She also helped form the Virginia Park district council to help rebuild the area. The council facilitated the building of the only black-owned shopping center in the country.[43] Parks took part in the black power movement, attending the Philadelphia Black Power conference, and the Black Political Convention in Gary, Indiana. She also supported and visited the Black Panther school in Oakland.

quote:

She helped found the Joann Little Defense Committee, and also worked in support of Gary Tyler. Little soon became the first woman in United States history to be acquitted under the defense that she used deadly force to resist sexual assault. Gary Tyler has not been freed, but before Parks' death was recognized as a prisoner of conscience by Amnesty International.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Ramsus posted:

Who are the real black female heroes america?

Condi Rice

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
When I take the bus I sit in the back put my headphones on and listen to music on my phone (I'm sure the rest of you play your gameboy advance, game gear, or what have you), like a normal person. Don't know what her deal was, sounds like an oddball tbqh.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Modern Leper posted:

Actually, Rosa Parks owned like 9 different ways:

i'm not reading that

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Unhinged Vulcan posted:

She'd be proud, I'm sure.

OutKas > Rosa Parks (in terms of impact on humanity)

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Alan Keyes

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
SHE WAS JUST CAUSING PROBLEMS, AND POSSIBLY DELAYING THE BUS.

THAT I SOME HERO.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Ramsus posted:

i'm not reading that

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_Parks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i hope rosa Parks her fat dick in your stretched out bumhole OP.

• Locked thread