Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thank you all for being here today. As you all know, we need more money. Right now we have some money, but we should have a lot more money. The problem is that nobody wants to give us any money. We've tried asking the federal government for money, but they said no. We've tried asking the state government for money, but they said no, even though the governor is my second cousin and also my first cousin.

So we need to think up some revenue generating ideas. Now, who has the money in Ferguson? Anyone? Joe, you have an idea?

That's right, Joe. Black people. Now why do black people have all the money? Steve?

Right, guns with "affirmative action" written on the side, and then they put your money into their welfare cars.

So let's start brainstorming some ways to get their money and make it our money! So far, here's what we've got on the whiteboard:

- Disguise ourselves as giant welfare checks and when they deposit us into their bank accounts, we take the money and run away.

- Hit them so hard all their money falls out and they shout "BARF!" or something.

- Now, this one just says 'Confiscate everything,' you want to expand on that, Dave? No? Okay, pretty self-explanatory.

- Just straight up burst into their houses and take their stuff because we have tanks and they don't.

These are all great, anyone else have something? Remember, no bad ideas in brainstorming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ground floor folks.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We could fine them every time we arrest them, and then arrest them a whole lot.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

issue golden bullets to criminals

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Stop and frisk, dui check points and speed traps.

Automated systems like red light cameras tend to make money but you have to share that with a 3rd party company.

Once you find your in with the stop, start tacking it on like they already do. Your name is Michael according to your license? Why did you say Mike? Pay me. The address you provided is different than your ID. Pay me. Where did this baggy with residual crack cocaine come from? Pay me. Drugs are pretty popular and by focusing on the low level users the police can guarantee a continuous revenue stream.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Don't forget civil forfeiture!

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Two words: bake sale.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Have all police firearms placed under the ownership of the city and then have the officers rent them every time they go out on patrol.

-drat it Steve, we don't need money that badly.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kellsterik posted:

Two words: bake sale.
This is good thinking, Tommy! Look to this man's example, people. Blacks can't resist a bake sale, we all know it. So while they're trying to decide between a cupcake and a brownie, we'll train dogs to pickpocket them. Good work.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Take the back seats out of the cruisers to save fuel. If we need to carry a suspect in them just have them sit on the floor.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Better yet, use some of the marijuana from lockup, put it in the brownies, then after they buy them bust them for possession and take the brownies back.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sidakafitz posted:

Better yet, use some of the marijuana from lockup, put it in the brownies, then after they buy them bust them for possession and take the brownies back.
Well gosh darnit, Bill, you've gotta stop suggesting this! Alright, yes, we all loved your brownies at the Christmas party, and they did get Donna to take her shirt off - very good work there, Donna, they're great - but we can't solve everything with pot brownies. Broken traffic light on Third Street? You suggest pot brownies! Dead body of an investigative journalist in the trunk of car 14, you suggest pot brownies! Get your head in the game!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Enter a police dog in the Westminster Dog Show. How much prize money do you get out of that, anyway? Anybody know?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe we could plant pot on a suspect, especially if they look to be doing a bit better than the typical blacks in the community, they can pay, and would the judge doubt us at all? Because can't we than impound their car as likley being involved in a drug deal and sell parts from it. While passing it off as "part of the investigation". Best of all the city will cover the lawsuit.

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 8, 2015

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
pick up black residents by their ankles, and shake them upside down hanging over a bag with a dollar sign on it

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
What if, every time we get a 911 call, we break into the home of the nearest elderly black grandma (one who isn't the actual caller, of course) and shoot her? Then we toss one of Bill's stupid pot brownies on the couch, claim she was selling drugs, and confiscate all her assets before her family can sort out the will?

I mean, it's complicated and all, but might be a better return than our bake sale. Just saying.

Or we could just bring the tanks, I guess. Might as well use them, right?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Let's rent out the gun range for kid's parties!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

do The Running Man but with black adolescents

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
If we find the other half to this treasure map, we could be rolling in doubloons and pieces of eight by this time next week.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

paranoid randroid posted:

If we find the other half to this treasure map, we could be rolling in doubloons and pieces of eight by this time next week.

I hear Old Man Ferguson buried it in the basement of his old manor house.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

clearly the best approach is to bring neighbouring districts under our protection, for which they will pay a commensurate fee to be given a sort of sub-contracting license on their own blacks in return for giving us a share

expanding the market, baby. eventually we'll be far enough removed that nobody even realises where it all goes

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Dave's idea sounds like it might actually work...

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Maybe make opening the door to the interrogation room cost a quarter?

…look, it's not my fault if you never have change in your pocket, Roger.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

StandardVC10 posted:

Maybe make opening the door to the interrogation room cost a quarter?

…look, it's not my fault if you never have change in your pocket, Roger.

i feel like you're suggesting that we take money from us to go to us. this would seem to be missing the point, which is to take money from those other people to go to us

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

i feel like you're suggesting that we take money from us to go to us. this would seem to be missing the point, which is to take money from those other people to go to us

If the suspects don't have change in their pockets we charge them a fine. How about that?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

now you're talking

e. i think we should start billing the inmates for jail time, it seems wrong that they should be able to just mooch off us for food and shelter while they're sleeping off their proscribed beatings

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What if we disguise the police station as a sassy black woman with no job and lots of children? Then we can really bring home the bacon!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

V. Illych L. posted:

now you're talking

e. i think we should start billing the inmates for jail time, it seems wrong that they should be able to just mooch off us for food and shelter while they're sleeping off their proscribed beatings

(This already happens btw)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

What if we put out a collection jar and say it's for helping out lost kittens? Everybody likes lost kittens, right?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

computer parts posted:

(This already happens btw)

haha really holy poo poo

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Sundae posted:

What if, every time we get a 911 call, we break into the home of the nearest elderly black grandma (one who isn't the actual caller, of course) and shoot her? Then we toss one of Bill's stupid pot brownies on the couch, claim she was selling drugs, and confiscate all her assets before her family can sort out the will?

I mean, it's complicated and all, but might be a better return than our bake sale. Just saying.

Or we could just bring the tanks, I guess. Might as well use them, right?

Now we're talking, some real good ideas here. Really we should trademark this so the NYPD doesn't steal this.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
After we beat a suspect, we make them pay for dry cleaning our uniforms. After all, it's THEIR blood, right?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

skaboomizzy posted:

After we beat a suspect, we make them pay for dry cleaning our uniforms. After all, it's THEIR blood, right?

I thought we already did that?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

could we claim someone's actual identity as an asset to be claimed in a civil forfeiture action? that would be awesome

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Okay, so, do civil forfeiture laws allow us to charge on credit cards and send the bills to the people we took them from? Then we can arrest them for delinquency in repayment?

Also, can we, uh, legally, open a bank?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Effectronica posted:

Also, can we, uh, legally, open a bank?

Oh, lets just go into loansharking.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I've just been reading about this Kickstarter thing, and I'm thinking we could do a project where we kickstart justice, like if people give us enough money we'll arrest way more injustice types at roller skating rinks and paintball arenas and all the various places the unjust likely spend time.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

absolutely, crowdfunding is a huge hit, we can make stretch goals for directing police effort and such

like, after 10k we focus x work-hours on a field of your choice (it is always going to be drug crimes)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've just been reading about this Kickstarter thing, and I'm thinking we could do a project where we kickstart justice, like if people give us enough money we'll arrest way more injustice types at roller skating rinks and paintball arenas and all the various places the unjust likely spend time.

Shoot some more black kids, bubba. Stormfronters will run GoFundMe campaigns to give you half a million for each kid shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
What if--now, hear me out--we sell city stickers for residents who park on certain "high crime" blocks, and then impound all they benzez and suvs when they don't got they stickers? We could start 'em tomorrow, force 'em to come to the PD to buy them, require 2 forms of ID along with an address matching their city registration.

• Locked thread