Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Grey Hunter posted:

Right, Hard Choice time.

Participation has dropped off, as I feared it would, and Its becoming to much of a strain on me. So I think I'm going to call this. Whe it gets more of a chore to do something than fun, its time to call a halt. I have one more turn to post that I ran this morning, but that will be the last one.

I think I went to big - trying to get as many people in as possible - and we've broken the game. To much artillery. Also, as worried, Defence is not that interesting.

That said, the format works great - I just need to be moving less tokens and rolling less dice! If you'll all join me in the observer thread, I'll talk there more about plans.

I'd just like to apollogise to those who didn't get to do much, but I hope you've enjoyed yourselves. I think we have proved that WWI generals didn't have it easy! Blackadder has a lot to blame for cementing the image of the top brass being fools who didn't care about the casualties - we've shown that the pressures of attacking can lead to the best laid plans falling apart!

Thanks for giving us the chance to make Conrad and Cadorna look competent. I'd like to think we took to the task with gusto. I'll be waiting eagerly for whatever you do next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Shame it had to end this way (in multiple senses of the term), but yeah, it was good of you to try and figure out what the hell all of us nitwits wanted you to do based on vague MS Paint scribblings for as long as you did.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Thanks for a fun game, Grey.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Thanks for running Grey. It was ambitious, but you gave it hell.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Thanks Grey!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

"C’est magnifique, mais ce n’est pas la guerre: c'est de la folie"

Thanks for running our madness Grey! :v:

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Thanks for the attempt, Grey. It was a huge pain to keep organized on our end, and must have been even more so for you. I'm looking forward to whatever you do in the future.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Thanks for the fun game!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Not enough dead Frenchmen. :colbert:

Her majesty the queen needs our help.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Slaan posted:

Not enough dead Frenchmen. :colbert:

Her majesty the queen needs our help.

Wrong thread, I think.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
My little commanders, thank you so much for your contributions! It's pretty clear we won, even if the allies dispute that (and 1915 was a bit of a mess), but know you walk away on the winning side :smug:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

thank you grey, i'm sure you'll use the lessons learned to put together something better - or you'll just sit on your rear end and relax, as you so very richly deserve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

It was an honor serving with you gentlemens! :zpatriot:

• Locked thread