Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i have a job, it's pretty good. when i don't have one i get to drink all day and play video games, and that's pretty good in a different way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22rDfUc9HgA

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

lmao if you don't have $10M+ in the bank and are living off the interest while training to become a pro DOTA player. just lmao!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Crimson Harvest posted:

Its for mental probs, major depression, paranoia, panic disorder, and bipolar II.

So I don't really even get to enjoy the good life.

You got those from here

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Crimson Harvest posted:

major depression, paranoia, panic disorder, and bipolar II.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Darth123123 posted:

You got those from here

Nah I got them from my parents and public school.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

lol public school... the great evil that I went to for like ~18 years for nearly free, gave me a great education and allowed me to pursue my dreams in the electronics industry. Truly it was the cause of your 'isms. You get out what you put in you little bitch baby.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i have a job interview at petco tomorrow as a cashier and the idea of it makes me wish i was dead

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frog Act posted:

i have a job interview at petco tomorrow as a cashier and the idea of it makes me wish i was dead

good luck w/ your new career

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

luckily i only have to do it for four months until grad schools starts sinec i'm gonna be a GTA but i still don't want to go back to retail

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
just lol if the government doesn't give you free tuition and healthcare and pay you thousands to go to school for whatever bullshit you want

gi bill is next level welfare queen status. it's the best.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield
government welfare is the only reason harry potter exists instead of j.k. rowling lying motionless in a ditch

naem
May 29, 2011

UV_Catastrophe posted:

just lol if the government doesn't give you free tuition and healthcare and pay you thousands to go to school for whatever bullshit you want

gi bill is next level welfare queen status. it's the best.

If you time it right you don't even have to murder anybody

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

it is posted:

jobs are gay

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

Crimson Harvest posted:

Its for mental probs, major depression, paranoia, panic disorder, and bipolar II.

So I don't really even get to enjoy the good life.

i knew this was th eanswer before you even posted. get off ur lazy rear end

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Frog Act posted:

luckily i only have to do it for four months until grad schools starts sinec i'm gonna be a GTA but i still don't want to go back to retail

imo it would be good to look for distribution center jobs. it is loud and tiring but you don't have to deal with the public. i spent a fine holiday traipsing through rows of underwear and listening to podcasts

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Ghost Head posted:

is that what you tell yourself when you havent seen your family for 3 days because youre working overtime to try and impress the boss? smdh

you DID NOT just insult OVERTIME.

gently caress YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

BKPR posted:

imo it would be good to look for distribution center jobs. it is loud and tiring but you don't have to deal with the public. i spent a fine holiday traipsing through rows of underwear and listening to podcasts

unfortunately the amazon warehouse around here isn't hiring right now. im desperate to avoid cashiering though it's just so soul sucking but

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yo im a phd student on a big scholarhsip and hey yo i drink all day ahahahahahaha

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I have a job and I like it. It's hard sometimes and it's poorly paid but I do good things for people and animals every day and that makes me feel awesome inside. My old job was pretty cool too because I worked in the entertainment industry and I got a lot of really good gigs and met cool and interesting people.

If you work in a regular boring office I feel sorry for you tho.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Shithouse Dave posted:

I have a job and I like it. It's hard sometimes and it's poorly paid but I do good things for people and animals every day and that makes me feel awesome inside. My old job was pretty cool too because I worked in the entertainment industry and I got a lot of really good gigs and met cool and interesting people.

If you work in a regular boring office I feel sorry for you tho.

vet nurse?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i am cursed with ambition kill me

Green Mind
Aug 5, 2007

Said it's ok...
I work 11 hour days and don't get overtime until 55 hours. Which is never. But I get to destroy my knees clutching a semi truck all day.

naem
May 29, 2011

Orkin Mang posted:

yo im a phd student on a big scholarhsip and hey yo i drink all day ahahahahahaha

whats's up 'actin like a sophomore for 7 years' bro

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Crimson Harvest posted:

Nah I got them from my parents and public school.

If you found a job that paid $100 more a month than your disability would you take it?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

shelter staff & cruelty investigations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
A guy down the road from me is on disability for being an alcoholic, which is like the coolest thing ever.

He literally gets free money to drink all day, every day.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

whats's up 'actin like a sophomore for 7 years' bro

i get tax free money

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
dog detective sgt barks

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

sexy young infidel posted:

dog detective sgt barks

Literally me. Sgt Karl Barx.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

If you found a job that paid $100 more a month than your disability would you take it?

that sounds like a horrible deal

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Head posted:

is that what you tell yourself when you havent seen your family for 3 days because youre working overtime to try and impress the boss? smdh

What if someone actually chooses to work overtime because their job offers them 1.5x their normal rate? Does that make them idiots too?

Evil Con Carne
Nov 30, 2004
Joo go back to burger king where you came from

it is posted:

jobs are gay

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Is posting on SA considered a job?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
i get mommy-daddy money :smug:

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"
I enjoy working. If I didn't have a job I'd probably drink myself to death.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
i hope republicans defund the welfare state further. lol 'im on disability for depression' as if half the working world doesnt fantasize about death. lazyass poor

seriously disability is a loving joke as it stands

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

RattiRatto posted:

Is posting on SA considered a job?

Do many other jobs require you to pay in order to work?

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
You gotta spend money to make money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Green Mind posted:

I work 11 hour days and don't get overtime until 55 hours. Which is never. But I get to destroy my knees clutching a semi truck all day.

Well, of course not! A day has only 24 hours!.

• Locked thread