Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Grinding it just before brewing is on a whole other level. Nothing else improves coffee as much, so if you don't do it, I hate you - each and every one of you. I don't even acknowledge non-coffee grinders as a demographic - my hatred is intentionally directed at each non-grinder with specific, individual focus. Your unique idiosyncrasies and characteristics offend me on a direct human to human basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

i make commoner baristas like you do that poo poo for me op

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Truth. Also, gently caress restaurants that use pre-ground poo poo, especially good ones. What laziness.

open container
Sep 16, 2008
nice a loving coffee thread let me tell you about my aeropress u loving bitch i grind up my nuts in it every morning and slow roast the brew over an open fire then i decant my farts into the boiling liquid until it neutralizes into a flux of exactly 197.495843295892348 degrees then i put it up my butt

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
do you cook your own meth too????

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

open container posted:

nice a loving coffee thread let me tell you about my aeropress u loving bitch i grind up my nuts in it every morning and slow roast the brew over an open fire then i decant my farts into the boiling liquid until it neutralizes into a flux of exactly 197.495843295892348 degrees then i put it up my butt

same

F hole
May 13, 2008

I use the keurig at work because it's free and i don't give a poo poo

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
my coffee maker grinds coffee beans for me. plus its really loud when it does it so it wakes me up. it tastes better than the pre-ground poo poo powder you get

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

F hole posted:

I use the keurig at work because it's free and i don't give a poo poo

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
i hate reruns gas this thread

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i like threads like these because the op sounds like he's super serious and angry about something very trivial and he's pretending to wrap it in a layer of irony to give the impression that he's a chill guy who likes to joke around but really he probably corners people at parties repeats his post verbatim

Khorne
May 1, 2002
If you drink coffee or beverages containing caffeine more than once every few weeks you're a piece of poo poo.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i like threads like these because the op sounds like he's super serious and angry about something very trivial and he's pretending to wrap it in a layer of irony to give the impression that he's a chill guy who likes to joke around but really he probably corners people at parties repeats his post verbatim

No I don't

..never been to a party..

Matt18001
Feb 28, 2015
Instant coffee is the nectar of the gods.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Khorne posted:

If you drink coffee or beverages containing caffeine more than once every few weeks you're a piece of poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Matt18001 posted:

Instant coffee is the nectar of the gods.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i drink sugarless black instant coffee, op. a fig to you!

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
You plebs still using your hands to make coffee. Here I am enjoying my new transistorized coffee machine.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I use a blade grinder because I dont give a poo poo.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I love the new coffee shop by my house that does chemex/slow pour coffee for every cup sold. Nothing like waiting 5 minutes with my dick in my hands for a 12 oz cup of joe to go.

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

I use a blade grinder because I dont give a poo poo.

Wait, is a blade grinder bad?

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Khorne posted:

If you don't drink a cup of coffee every morning you're a child.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

dev286 posted:

Yeah man, burr grinder homos be all like

"Not using a burr? Better throw your balls in the blade grinder along with them beans. lol"

SqueePower
May 25, 2006
tube
Soiled Meat

dev286 posted:

Yes. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3437887&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Get on my (blood pressure) level.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

quote:

Quite possibly the most important thing when you are considering a coffee rig. Why? Well coffee is all about extraction but not everything in the bean is desirable on the palate. Many of us are familiar with the over extracted cardboard-like bitter taste of lovely office/diner coffee. Apart from just being lovely preground coffee, often a big contribution to the awfulness is that people use too little coffee to the amount of water they use which results in an overextracted cup. What does this have to do with grinders? Well different particle sizes of ground coffee extract at different rates. Smaller particles will become overextracted before large ones, therefore grind consistency is very important in coffee making. If you are looking at getting an espresso rig, you MUST NOT skimp on your grinder. Avoid blade grinders like the devil, they chop the beans instead of grinding them giving you a VERY inconsistent grind, the high speeds with which the blades rotate cause lots of friction problems which translates into lost volatile oils. Good grinders use nestled burrs that are spaced apart and that rotate at a slow rate. The result is an even, consistent grind. If you are looking for a grinder for pour over or press pot methods, a Baratza Maestro (refurb for $70, check the Baratza site often), Virtuoso (refurb for $143) or Capresso Infinity ($90) is usually a good choice. If you want an espresso capable grinder, buy the absolute best you can afford. Many people like the Baratza Vario ($400) and the Rancilio Rocky ($350).

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Why can't white people do simple poo poo like make a cup of coffee without getting into an argument about technology?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Hobohemian posted:

Why can't white people do simple poo poo like make a cup of coffee without getting into an argument about technology?

culture void

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
imo grinding is for queers. Hence their social coffee sharing app, Grindr.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Dirty Sanchez posted:

If you don't drink a cup of coffee every morning you're a child.

And a Frappucino or Mocha does not count as a 'cup of coffee', that just makes you a FAT child.

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Oh I see... Umm I don't think I could tell the difference in a taste test between drip coffee ground with a $200 burr grinder vs my $10 proctor silex POS blade grinder so...

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I just eat the beans

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Yaos posted:

You plebs still using your hands to make coffee. Here I am enjoying my new transistorized coffee machine.

:barf: how can you enjoy this vile liquid made from syrup concentrate

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Yaos posted:

You're still using your hand you retarded looking goofy gently caress

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Being smug about coffee is like being smug about laundry detergent brand choice.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't drink coffee. The key is to cut out the middleman and hit yourself iwth the meat tenderizer to keep yourself awake.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
lol if you don't grind beans using your bare hands.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

Pneub posted:

Being smug about coffee is like being smug about laundry detergent brand choice.

says the scrub who doesn't extract their own lye

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
lol if you don't grow your own coffee beans.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Hobohemian posted:

we like to invent things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
ppffft I dont even drink coffee

• Locked thread