Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Hobo Siege posted:

e: oh, and clowns on fire

That's the best way for a clown to be.

I scared my dog the other day. She was lying on my lap and got a case of hiccups. I shouted really loud and she jumped. Her hiccups stopped and she curled up again and fell asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

genesplicer posted:

That's the best way for a clown to be.

I scared my dog the other day. She was lying on my lap and got a case of hiccups. I shouted really loud and she jumped. Her hiccups stopped and she curled up again and fell asleep.

Why does that work for dogs and not people?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
*records doorbell noise and plays back on phone*

WHAT IS REAL AND WHAT IS ILLUSION, DOG???

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Monkey Fracas posted:

knew a person with a border collie that was scared out of its wits at like anything

they brought a teeny kitten over there one time and the dog jumped up on the backrest of the sofa and was whimpering

then they put the kitten in another room but it did not help because it kept like sticking its paw under the door which also freaked the dog the gently caress out

I had a cowardly chesapeake bay retriever who got smacked on the nose by a de-clawed cat and got so freaked out that he ran to the opposite corner of the room and barfed

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

The Alchemist posted:

It works a little over half the time when I do it in class. I have a really loud bellow. When some kid is hiccing up, I will suddenly, right in the middle of a sentence, let out with a bellow. The kids all jump, some scream, and I explain what I did and why. I then ask the kid in question if the hiccups are gone. More often then not, the answer is "Yes".

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Alchemist posted:

You have to shout a lot louder for people, a person is like 7 dogweight and requires proportional screams

Nekodoshi
Aug 4, 2007

I'm only as smart as the content of my posts.
I had a friend who owned a dachshund and it drank her bong water. we found it sitting on the couch, holding extremely still except it was gently swaying back and forth. I laughed and poked its side and it sorta just tilted over. Thankfully it was only like that for maybe 15 minutes.

Same dog was also a total coward. I took it for a walk with my friend, and we were trotting along the sidewalk, approaching a house where there was this massive black lab just chilling in the yard. As we got close, the black stood up. That's all it took for the doxie to bolt so hard it came right out of its harness.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my mom's dog forgets who i am between visits and will spend the whole first hour running circles around the house to avoid me. so i know a thing or two.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
my dog is really rather nervous and i think the people who had her before me mistreated her or something

i found out she is also a terrible guard dog since when i locked myself out of my flat two guys managed to break in by screwdrivering the lock and my dog was hiding underneath the bed.

if i ever get all my poo poo taken I'm blaming her

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Found out my dog is real scared of hoses and spraying water. She cowered like I've never seen before lol

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQGd4_cbkd0

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

eat all dogs

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

amityville anus posted:

Talk through a wrapping paper tube at them

haha I just tried this and it loving rules

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

amityville anus posted:

Talk through a wrapping paper tube at them

this is a pro level taunt

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
When anyone leaves the house and my dog sits broken hearted in the window this is the tune that plays in his mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rccD1EWenio
and I whistle or hum it to mock him

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
i show my dog all my tax forms, haha.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
I constantly remind my dog he is too fat and has a big nose

morning wood
Oct 2, 2013
I wait until my dogs are asleep then I yell and grab them at the same time. They jump and do the snarl/growl thing. Then they look up and are like oh gently caress that's alpha male sorry big guy please don't end me.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
God loves scarring dogs, that's why he sends thunderstorms so he can laugh at them freaking out and trying to climb into the beds.

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

i read my dog books about fatalism and determinism

it may scare him now, but sooner or later it is going to help him in all walks of life

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

i just want him to know life isn't all sunshine and rainbows, am i evil for that v:shobon:v

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
scare your dog, by lighting it on fire when it least expects it. The heat + sensation of being on fire will freak it out.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
give your old dog new life by applying a fresh coat of paint to it, make it more aerodynamic by shortening its legs with a saw.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Finding it hard to frighten your pooch? Here's a tip: the next time it is not scared, use the latest dog-teaching tricks to teach it about the inevitability of death.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I got my dog fixed on Wednesday. He's 8. Nothing like losing your nuts halfway through your life for no reason to scare someone.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
:stare:

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
If i walk like frankenstein and make zombie noises my dog freaks out. he would be a good monster hunting dog

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
get a loud vacuum, scare dog until it poops, use vacuum to clean up poops

a good purchase

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
if i raise my hand like i'm gonna give my dog a good backhand smack, he cowers down and rolls over and shows me his lil belly. i've never hit him so i don't know why he's such a submissive little idiot, but w/evs, a good way to scare him nonetheless

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Gatekeeper posted:

if i raise my hand like i'm gonna give my dog a good backhand smack, he cowers down and rolls over and shows me his lil belly. i've never hit him so i don't know why he's such a submissive little idiot, but w/evs, a good way to scare him nonetheless

not cool bro

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Booties posted:

not cool bro

i actually reported my own post it was so uncool

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Any of you guys got a pool? Every time I dive down to the bottom, this little loving idiot jumps in and tries to rescue me.

God drat it, dipshit, you're a loving dachshund, what were you planning to do. You're just swimming in circles over top of me and oh great now you're drowning.

rear end in a top hat.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIYm9LMUzCQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

this but with a dalmation

• Locked thread