Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Bradley legit looked like Gollum in that opening shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

But why did he have the belt? She's dead, i have no doubt, if she was even there at all. :aaa:

Took it off to booooone.

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

drat, Norma beat the poo poo out of Alex. Those were real slaps, too. Made me hot & bothered.

I'm still not convinced that Bradley's real. No one's actually seen her except for Norman. I think he's hallucinating the entire thing.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

plscks posted:

On another note, I'm kinda surprised that Norman didn't get it on with Bradley. Isn't she the only person he's had sexual contact with that he hasn't killed?

There was also set design girl from 2nd season but he killed her dad instead

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

I'm still not convinced that Bradley's real. No one's actually seen her except for Norman. I think he's hallucinating the entire thing.

I was also thinking this, any of those interactions could have been pulled off solo by Norman

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

It would be cool if Norman murders Bradley, only to 'wake up' and realize he's actually killed someone else (Emma?). Not that I want Emma to die, but something like that would be a cool twist.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks that Bradley is a figment of Norman's insanity. Somebody is going to die a nasty death in that pit. If Bradley is really there, it'll be her. If not, then it'll be Emma.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
I'm binge-watching this show at the moment and I really like it. Just one thing I can't help but notice nearly every drat episode: everybody is constantly teary-eyed like they are on the verge of crying. Like constantly.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
pacific north west, everything is damp.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

pacific north west, everything is damp.

And windy as gently caress.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

http://tvline.com/2015/05/06/critics-choice-awards-nominations-television-2015/

Yeah, TV award shows are stupid and all that, but at least Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore are getting some recognition.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Season finale starts now :smith:

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
I don't think Emma will see season 4.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Norma Bates with a suit from the David Bowie collection

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yikes, Norma's contemplating having Norman committed. I mean, he deserves it.

e: :catstare: Too expensive! Guess Norman will just have to live amongst the general population!

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
But of course she's looking at a rich person's "facility."

Ok, so who is going to die tonight?

I feel like they want us to stick around, so it won't be anyone super important just yet. I'm betting Caleb and maybe Bradley.

edit: David Duchovny looks like rear end.

edit 2: drat, he's 54? Now I feel loving old.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 12, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, Bradley's robbing her own house :golfclap:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahaha, Bradley's robbing her own house :golfclap:

And rage-wrecking it for no real reason other than she's a pissed off 17-yo.

Dylan listening to a 10-year-old Snow Patrol song, amazing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Here's when Dylan and Emma hook up :mmmhmm:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Here's when Dylan and Emma hook up :mmmhmm:

Usually I hate TV romance stuff, but they are seriously the best thing. Emma should get her lung transplant and then she and Dylan and her dad should gently caress off back to England forever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ars Arcanum posted:

Usually I hate TV romance stuff, but they are seriously the best thing. Emma should get her lung transplant and then she and Dylan and her dad should gently caress off back to England forever.
Yeah she's way better with Dylan than she ever was with Norman. That was a horrible pairing and I'm glad she's with someone better suited for her now.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
That's some serious crazy face, Freddy Highmore.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh well now he's definitely gonna run off with Bradley!

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah she's way better with Dylan than she ever was with Norman. That was a horrible pairing and I'm glad she's with someone better suited for her now.

All Norman ever did was hurt her even though Emma is clearly kinder, more empathetic, and more beautiful than Bradley. But thank goodness Emma realized Norman isn't her perfect match (and certainly not her only match).

I doubt we'll get a happy ending for either Dylan or Emma, but still.

I wonder how many seasons they planned for this series? Norman was so sympathetic during Season 1, mostly held onto it for Season 2, and now he's just waltzing towards repulsive. Norma started off awful, became sympathetic, and is dancing towards grotesque again. Dylan started off mean, turned hard, and has since been softening. So did Romero, but Norma's recent actions seem likely to screw him up again.

I wonder if anything good is going to manage to come out of White Pine Bay.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ars Arcanum posted:

I wonder if anything good is going to manage to come out of White Pine Bay.
You and I have been watching the same show, right? :v:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

KIT HAGS posted:

That's some serious crazy face, Freddy Highmore.

I have to admit, I love Freddie Highmore in this show. It's an incredibly well-cast show, but he is so on point.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is Norma gonna have Alex drag Norman to a clinic or some poo poo?

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

You and I have been watching the same show, right? :v:

Meant it more as a speculation whether Dylan and/or Emma or maybe even Alex will manage to escape somehow.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Was....was that an Aliens reference? :stare:

e: Oh poo poo. Well RIP Ted Chaough!

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 12, 2015

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Oh Alex. :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Okay, now this is how I wanted this finale to ramp poo poo up: Norma and Norman physically abusing each other and Norma tying up her insane son and leaving him in the basement :getin:

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

And coming as a surprise to no one, Norma is far more unhinged than Norman has ever been.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
Oh god no Dylan don't go in the basement!

Edit: oh good.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

I was seriously worried for a minute that rather than simply cutting himself loose and escaping, he'd off poor Dylan.

e: are they for real going to end on the lame cliffhanger of Norman pulling him and Bradley off the road.

e 2: Wow, guess not.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 12, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So either Bradley's definitely real or Norman's imagining himself sitting in the passenger seat.

e: Norman's body count keeps growing and growing!

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
His transformation is complete!

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

I confess though, this all seemed way too convenient for me, and I didn't like it at all.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 12, 2015

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha, that ending was so disturbing and rad. What a finale!

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Hahahaha, that ending was so disturbing and rad. What a finale!

Aww. I thought it was way too predictable, and I would've found it far more interesting if they'd shown Bradley trying to re-integrate into WPB. The cast did a great job with what they were given, but I felt this was kinda weak.

I did like how Norman's obsession with his mother began to outdo his previous obsessions with other women though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ars Arcanum posted:

Aww. I thought it was way too predictable, and I would've found it far more interesting if they'd shown Bradley trying to re-integrate into WPB. The cast did a great job with what they were given, but I felt this was kinda weak.
Eh, I enjoyed Norma not knowing that Bradley was really alive and thinking Norman was just delusional. Norman's psyche is so hosed by now that he can't control it at all. Things have already gone from bad to worse with him, but I'm really excited to see next season when he spirals even further downward and potentially leaves even more bodies in his wake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

That was kinda underwhelming, but at least Norman's transformation is complete. And that music selection at the end was creepy, to say the least.

• Locked thread