Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

so i have to find a job to save some money until graduate school starts. i've put in like 50 applications and i've only gotten a call back from loving petco, out in the middle of some horrible rich suburb, and that really sucks giant assholes. im hoping the people from the sketchy ghetto pawn shop i applied to call me back so i can avoid corporate retail again

what did you stupid faggots do in your inter-education period?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
still in STEM school but im probably gonna be a lab tech while my human being business major friends continue to blow coke and sell drugs and purchase used BMWs while netting 80k+ jobs

open container
Sep 16, 2008
"does your mom know you're gay?"

nice try op

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
abandon hope

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay
reading lovely posts on something awful comedy forums

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I decided wasting money on post grad degree wasn't worth it and got a real job.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

I decided wasting money on post grad degree wasn't worth it and got a real job.

luckily my post grad degree is paid for im basically using it as a delaying tactic so i can figure out what i want to do for 2 more years + increase my general worth

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

unterdude posted:

reading lovely posts on something awful comedy forums

making lovely posts on something awful comedy forums

butt implants
Oct 16, 2004

i'm gay

Lucky Guy posted:

open container
Sep 16, 2008

Frog Act posted:

luckily my post grad degree is paid for im basically using it as a delaying tactic so i can figure out what i want to do for 2 more years + increase my general worth

if you need to figure what you want to do you don't actually want to do anything hth

open container
Sep 16, 2008
i recommend not going to grad school and just going into construction or something cuz the last place you want to be is in some gay field people are really passionate about

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

lol. you'll end up selling insurance

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i sit infront of the computer and jerk off while filming myself with a webcam. My fans can then donate money to me and i'll flirt with them and smile but really im dead inside

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
I went to school for Biomed engineering. When I realized I need to be an academia slave for 10 years in order to find a related job I decided I'd rather not. So now I'm in pharma manufacturing and, by the grace of god, I'm an asst supervisor after < 1 year.

oh, and this:

Lucky Guy posted:

Stik3
Jan 28, 2015

From President of the colonies to this.

Lucky Guy posted:

reading people make lovely posts for people to read on something awful comedy forums

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I live next to a daycare and sell drugs to the children. Start'em young and you have a customer for life.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I'm in web and app design/marketing, and I only have a bachelors in international relations. I just sucked a lot of corporate cock on my way up the ladder.

I didn't feel like willingly putting myself into tons of debt for my masters when I managed to go to undergrad for free.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Bartending is great money but you have to look presentable and be social so idk

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
After getting a worthless liberal arts degree I was largely unemployed. I applied to pet smart to wash dogs (would've transitioned into pet groomer), but missed the second interview so missed out on my big break.

Grad school led to much better things. Hth

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

open container posted:

if you need to figure what you want to do you don't actually want to do anything hth

all i want to do is work 9-5 in an office job w/ room for advancement really, so you're mostly right

open container posted:

i recommend not going to grad school and just going into construction or something cuz the last place you want to be is in some gay field people are really passionate about

i am super passionate about history and i have a 4.00 in my undergrad major plus its all paid for. i loving love it i just know being a scholar is insanely difficult and time consuming and underpaid

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Booties posted:

I went to school for Biomed engineering. When I realized I need to be an academia slave for 10 years in order to find a related job I decided I'd rather not. So now I'm in pharma manufacturing and, by the grace of god, I'm an asst supervisor after < 1 year.

oh, and this:

that's waht i want, some corporate dicks to suck so i don't have to go into academia but am also not a total peon

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Frog Act posted:

that's waht i want, some corporate dicks to suck so i don't have to go into academia but am also not a total peon

It's nice. You get a mix of blue and white collar stuff to do, mingle with cool people, and hopefully have room for advancement. It's easy to GTFO with the experience too. highly recommend, would do again.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Too bad NFL season is over, you could make bank being a delivery driver during that time.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

i'm a sailor

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

I sit behind a desk in a cube farm all day and think about various ways to quit then I get to Friday see my check and I'm like okay maybe I'll quit next week.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
lol 50 apps and only petco, what is your degree in, human being corporate retail?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
I have a full-time "real job," a part-time college teaching job and I work in a chocolate factory at night. I am dead. This is hell and I am dead.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I'm a professional homosexual. The pay is fabulous ( you get paid in cocks) but that's great because I love cocks.

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
I'm a girl!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

indie game developer

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Parallax Scroll posted:

indie game developer

burn him! BUUUUURRRN HIIIIM

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
IT work for a community college

it's a blast

just kidding

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You spend 25 years of your life sleeping

You work for 10 years total if we assume that the average American works 40 hours a week from ages 20-65.

You fart 402,000 times in your lifetime

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I work too hard for not enough money. I spend my down time planning on getting a masters.

F hole
May 13, 2008

Oil business :smug:

$50/bbl crude oil :smith:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

F hole posted:

Oil business :smug:

$50/bbl crude oil :smith:

dude's workin at meineke

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This is my job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxGAEZbpNGQ

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Stoic Commie posted:

lol 50 apps and only petco, what is your degree in, human being corporate retail?

history so it may as well be

i crushed the petco interview and the guy said i would be a great fit and i was "very articulate" but unfortunately having 2 years of previous retail and a degree makes me overqualified. he said he would "really push with teh GM" to get me $8.50 even though I was making $9.50 at my lst retail job. im pretty sure tehy're just gonna hire someone at 7.25 or whatever

Troutful
May 31, 2011

I'm a lab tech and it owns, all the "fun" of being a grad student except you do way less work and make twice as much money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Troutful posted:

I'm a lab tech and it owns, all the "fun" of being a grad student except you do way less work and make twice as much money

you loving poo poo fuckers make almost twice what my GTA will pay me and don't even have to grade bad papers

• Locked thread