Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
Welcome to the Nuclear Plant Softball League: Season 5! First of all congratulations to Springfield Isodopes for not only winning Season 4 but also breaking up the Shelbyville dynasty! We already have 9 of our 10 managers from last year returning so this season is already shaping up to be an exciting one!

For those of you interested in joining, The Nuclear Plant Softball League is in it's 5th season as a keeper league. Each season all interested managers are invited back and the remaining teams are filled up by new comers. Currently we have 2 manager spots available and potentially 1 more team someone could take over so if you are interested in joining let us know!

The rules:

Each team may keep up to 3 players with an inflation of $4 from the previous season and $5 for players $40 and over from the previous season. All other players are selected during an online auction draft and waiver wire transactions use a FAAB. Scoring is 6x6 (5x5 +ops and qs) in H2H format. Keepers should be set by March 25th and the draft is currently set for March 29th @ 6pm PST.

Any other questions let me know otherwise I hope to see you on draft day! Good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

I'm interested in joining, looks fun. Let me know what I have to do.

Is this a money league?

Thanks!

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
This is a very active, non-money league (but I'd be down for converting if anyone else is), and as the Springfield Isodopes proved, all hope is not lost against my bargain basement prices of top-20 caliber players. Looking forward to another season!

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
One thing I have noticed is there have been no shortage of amazing keeper deals from year to year. There is a really satisfying feeling to nabbing a free agent who ends up holding some major value and getting to ride the wave.

RE: money league. I would be down, although I think it would be unfair unless everyone agreed. However we could make a mirror money league, or do a money roto league as well if there was enough interest.

And Rorobb go ahead and post an email I can invite you to the league with.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm definitely coming back for a 4th season. After almost pulling off that miracle comeback in last year's finals maybe this is my year. Ah Scott Kazmir, you were such an amazing $1 pick for 5 months... I just went to the well one too many times...

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I look forward to beating all of you again this year. :getin:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Posted the same on the league messages boards but they seem to be dead:

Stanton on the block for the RIGHT offer, 2 keepers, he is yours for 34 bux, can also move EE for 24 I think. If I don't get what I want I am keeping him.

Also, I have a friend that wants to play if we still have openings.

Let me know Mr. Commissioner.

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
We do have an opening, and up to 3.

Post an email either here or on the league page.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
lol I forgot how terrible I drafted last year.

Set my keepers tonight. Had a tough choice to make with Harper but I still believe in him long term.

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
Some pretty amazing keeper values out there this season. I have about 4-5 that are really worth keeping, it is probably gonna be Stephen Strasburg going back into the draft pile for the first time since season 1

Friend invited, so we have 2 spots left, but enough to hold a season once he joins.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

yo5ty posted:

Some pretty amazing keeper values out there this season. I have about 4-5 that are really worth keeping, it is probably gonna be Stephen Strasburg going back into the draft pile for the first time since season 1

Friend invited, so we have 2 spots left, but enough to hold a season once he joins.

If you still have one of those open slots left I'd like to join! Is this a Yahoo league or a different site?

My email is: gimpyn00b@gmail.com

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yo, Mr. Commish!

Are all keeper prices set and final? Also, what is the cost for unvalued players, specifically, Dr. Smooth?

The newest owner wants Miggy and has a stacked roster, she wants him and Stanton, who I own, but anyone on both rosters is available to get this done, but Andrew M, Brantley, Stanton, and EE.

Check out her roster it is loaded with pitching, looking to make a 3 team or larger deal if needed to get what we both want and what you guys want, before the draft where prices are going to go crazy!

I think she is sending Miggy owner a trade offer, you have Kershaw, Darvish, and Puig and Tulo? to keep, but we can work something out I am sure, please act quick because this needs to be done by Midnight Thursday!

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007

MagicCube posted:

If you still have one of those open slots left I'd like to join! Is this a Yahoo league or a different site?

My email is: gimpyn00b@gmail.com

will send an invite, but we will be at 11 teams, so we will need 1 more before we can start. Anyone know someone who might be interested for the 12th slot?

Michael Corleone posted:

Yo, Mr. Commish!

Are all keeper prices set and final? Also, what is the cost for unvalued players, specifically, Dr. Smooth?

The newest owner wants Miggy and has a stacked roster, she wants him and Stanton, who I own, but anyone on both rosters is available to get this done, but Andrew M, Brantley, Stanton, and EE.

Check out her roster it is loaded with pitching, looking to make a 3 team or larger deal if needed to get what we both want and what you guys want, before the draft where prices are going to go crazy!

I think she is sending Miggy owner a trade offer, you have Kershaw, Darvish, and Puig and Tulo? to keep, but we can work something out I am sure, please act quick because this needs to be done by Midnight Thursday!

Many keeper costs are updated but not all of them. Double check any prices you might have with last years draft. I still need to go over it once more, check the FAAB from last year and updated the last player to join.

I don't think we have ever gone over rules regarding pre-season trades, but I am all for it. If anyone has any objections let me know. The one rule that does make sense for the way we do keepers is if you trade a player, that counts as a keeper spot. (as in you would need to retain a player to trade them) 2 for 1 or empty keeper slot for draft money all are fine to me.

yo5ty fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 24, 2015

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
I updated keeper values once more, but if everyone could do me a favor and double check your own costs and let me know of any errors that would be awesome, particularly of the players you will keep.

Also we need 1 more manager, so if anyone has any friends interested, or if there are any other goons out there let me know!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
OK, so Dr. Smooth is 5, Cutch is 37 and Miggy is 68(lol see him in the draft pool!) ?

Can we make trades now? If I trade Stanton and Holland for Cutch and Dr. Smooth is that OK?

e; And Stanton 34, EE 16 and Holland 11?
e2; Gonna post on FB for the last spot, they don't get keepers right?

Thanks.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 24, 2015

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007

Michael Corleone posted:

OK, so Dr. Smooth is 5, Cutch is 37 and Miggy is 68(lol see him in the draft pool!) ?

Can we make trades now? If I trade Stanton and Holland for Cutch and Dr. Smooth is that OK?

e; And Stanton 34, EE 16 and Holland 11?
e2; Gonna post on FB for the last spot, they don't get keepers right?

Thanks.

The team won't have keepers, but they will have 3 empty keeper slots and money to to trade for some keepers that other teams presumably won't be able to keep.

So just to review the on the fly rules for keeper trading are:

Empty Keeper slots, Money for the auction draft, and kept players are all trad-able commodities

If a player is traded that locks in his cost and use of a keeper slot. Basically you need to trade a player you have "under contract"

If a trade is made between 2 managers, have both confirm the trade in the league forum in full details, so it is visible to all managers.

Side note: Make these trades as early on Thursday as possible because I have to manually alter the league. If the trade gets in real late and I can't update and save the league in time it won't be able to go through.

If we have any suggestions on how to better implement these rules let me know, but I think this provides a good opportunity for the new managers to grab a couple of keepers for this season.

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
Reminder to everyone to set keepers by midnight tonight.

If you have pre-season trades confirm them between the two (or more) managers in the league with enough time for me to adjust rosters.

The two managers who have teams with no keepers have been granted an additional $40 if you have any comments on this speak up prior keepers being set.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
I don't think that David guy is a goon, but holy poo poo he gripes a lot to start every season.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
:siren: NEW OWNER NEEDED ASAP! :siren:

Anime Grilles is dropping out. Need a new owner or we are going to be stuck at 11!

TimmyT or the other new owner should get her team and the new person can have the expansion team. Also, best solution for the 2 new teams is take away the 40 and give them first crack at keepers b4 the draft, posted all of this in the league too, but IF ANYONE IS READING POST AN EMAIL SO THE COMMISH CAN ADD YOU, DRAFT IS SUNDAY 9PM EDT!

e; posted the spot on FB again, everyone do the same! It will be a real friend that will not flake out if they come from me.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 27, 2015

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
I would like to add that if you take this team over you have arguably one of the best sets of keepers in the league. Cutch, Brantley, Scherzer and a bunch of decent others to choose from as well, and all at very good values.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
But, I thought we were going to disband it and let all 3 new players have the same start.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Edit: Disregard.

MagicCube fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 30, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Bumping this thread back to where it belongs: Top of the charts!

:siren: FIRST PLACE MATCH-UP GOING ON LIVE THIS WEEK :siren:

I LOVE BIG BATS (me) vs SPRINGFIELD (monday)

Get your money in now, kicks off at 7:05 PM EDT!

e; lol, forgot this was a goon league and Monday's name is not a trade secret.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 4, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Michael Corleone posted:

Bumping this thread back to where it belongs: Top of the charts!

:siren: FIRST PLACE MATCH-UP GOING ON LIVE THIS WEEK :siren:

I LOVE BIG BATS (me) vs SPRINGFIELD

Get your money in now, kicks off at 7:05 PM EDT!

Too bad neither team will be in first after the week is over.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

jabro posted:

Too bad neither team will be in first after the week is over.

Eh, probably right if we beat each other up. BUT, I have a major batting number advantage by like 40-50 AB's, just guessing, I AM NOT THAT MUCH OF A NERD, OK GUYS?! :cries:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
FIRST PLACE REPORTING IN TO BUMP THIS THREAD BACK TO FIRST PLACE IN THE ARMCHAIR QUARTERBACK!!!

Looking to make a 2 for 1 trade so I can bring JJ Hardy off the DL, not really interested in pitching ATM.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
OK, I am actually going to stick with Semien at SS, so I can trade Hardy to anyone, IF they let me trade him from the DL, looking for a SS with eligibility, if you want Hardy to be your starter, IDK, just need a backup SS, the more eligibility, the better! Or, will take a pitcher, if you want to upgrade me there in a 2 for 1, I send you Hardy and a P of my choice, for a decent pitcher of yours. Sorry for double post, this is not a very active league on here or in Smack Talk, LETS CHANGE THAT!

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
I don't have much interest in Hardy at this point, but I will still trade you for Stanton :bigtran:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

yo5ty posted:

I don't have much interest in Hardy at this point, but I will still trade you for Stanton :bigtran:

I bet you would...

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
(From the league board)

Obviously I have a good team, with many $1 keeper candidates, and lower priced STARS. I want to keep as many as I can. So, we have 3 keeper slots. If I wanted to get more, I have to offer someone with less than 3 ideal keepers a good keeper, in exchange for one of their slots, and then one of us sends money to pay for the keeper?

Please explain Mr. Commish so we can get this trade market going!

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
:siren: FIRST PLACE SERIES GOING ON LIVE :siren:

Me vs Monday

A lot of other top teams going at it this week, should be fun. GL to all except Monday !

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
:siren: OFFENSIVE POWER RANKINGS :siren:

Through last weeks match-ups, 100 is League Average, higher is better. Pitching, well maybe I will do that at another point.

BIG BATS 112.34
MONORAILS 111.47
CIRQUE 107.46
SHELBYVILLE 103.83
DISCOVERY 101.31
BIG BANG 101.27
ISOTOPES 100.89
TIM 99.43
BETTER 93.21
TIMMY T 91.84
HELLFISH 86.01
ANIMU 84.08

e;

PITCHING

BETTER 111.3781818
SPRINGFIELD 111.0927733
MONORAILS 109.929826
CIRQUE 107.3605314
DISCOVERY 106.3648269
HELLFISH 101.1461861
TIM 101.0668242
ANIMU 98.68564194
BIG BANG 97.10092845
BIG BATS 94.44910523
TIMMY T 86.17505924
SHELBYVILLE 85.05498711

TOTAL

MONORAILS 110.699913
CIRQUE 107.4102657
SPRINGFIELD 105.9913866
DISCOVERY 103.8374134
BIG BATS 103.3945526
BETTER 102.2940909
TIM 100.2484121
BIG BANG 99.18546423
SHELBYVILLE 94.44249355
HELLFISH 93.57809307
ANIMU 91.38282097
TIMMY T 89.00752962

A lot of interesting stuff going on that is not reflected in the standings. That was fun, now I retire as league record keeper.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 18, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Are we playing again this year? I went to the league homepage and it said I cannot access the page bc I am not a league member.

DeltaAttack2go
Feb 6, 2003

what the christ
I logged in fine now. We usually get all our poo poo figured out in March.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hey I'm gonna have to bail on this league due to Life Stuff, so my team (Some call me Tim) is up for grabs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
Thanks for joining us over the years Tim, you were a fierce competitor! You definitely left someone some good keepers for next year.

New post is up for this season now, in case it hadn't already been found.

• Locked thread