Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Update: I decided to go ahead and gather my supplies now, seeing as I have nothing better to do.
I started by acquiring Ten pieces of wood:

Unfortunately, I was only able to find seven good pieces, so I needed to make some compromises regarding the last three.
So far I have:
-Seven nice log pieces.
-A slotted spoon (made of wood, of course).
-A large (wooden) measuring stick.
-A Better Homes and Gardens Chinese Cookbook (Paper is made from trees, so It's basically wood).

I also made a quick mockup of how my son will look after I have them attached:

Any more suggestions before I move on?
--------------------------------------------
Okay, I've decided on everything, now I just need to gather supplies. I'll update this thread as I go along with the plan.
--------------------------------------------
I need advice, asap.

I'm trying to claim the title of "World's Best Father", and apparently the current holder got it by nailing his son to a plank of wood. Logically, I should do the same, right?

Spandex Bonerlord fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

you need to outdo the other guy though

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Parallax Scroll posted:

you need to outdo the other guy though

nail him to like 10 pieces of wood

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

your son has to be famous first though. like, super famous

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

buy him a hot rear end car and post bail when cops find whim whic drugs, it's not hard

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

nail him to like 10 pieces of wood

So, 2 pieces for each limb, then?
Also, any tips for reducing bleeding/screaming.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Nail him to a piece of wood then set up netflix in front of him. then give the roman guy an extra long feather duster instead of a pike and have him tickle your son and say don't laugh or no more netflix.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

....g-god?

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Nail him on a piece of wood.

EDIT: For extra 'Worlds Greatest Dad' points, do it through the holes made while nailing him too the wood. You have to escalate this stuff if you want the trophy.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

DaveSplitter posted:

So, 2 pieces for each limb, then?
Also, any tips for reducing bleeding/screaming.

druqs

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
instead of a crown of thorns use a gag of thorns so the little poo poo can't run his drat yap the whole time

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Beat him with a 2x4, upload to youtube, and you will be famous the world over.

This I promise you.

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
You should release a decently printed square shape coffee table book with quirky borrowed images with things like what you said in the op on each page, center aligned maybe. Mostly get them sold at Barnes and noble or books a million. People will buy them for gifts for people when they can't thjnk of an actual good gift. You know what I mean?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Depends, man. Has he shoveled the driveway or mowed the lawn lately?

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

your son has to be famous first though. like, super famous

So, I should like, enter him into child pageants first? Do they even have those for boys? Also I don't want my son to turn gay.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Eyespy posted:

Nail him on a piece of wood.

EDIT: For extra 'Worlds Greatest Dad' points, do it through the holes made while nailing him too the wood. You have to escalate this stuff if you want the trophy.

Good idea, but I don't want a gay son.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

DaveSplitter posted:

Um thats how to stop your son from being gay.

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
"If every dog gets its day, then why Is a year only 365 days?" Printed over a low fidelity picture those wind up chomping teeth

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Being gay for jesus is ok tho

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

DaveSplitter posted:

Motherfucker, do you want to be the worlds best dad or not? Get on my loving level!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

mail him a piece of wood

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

a hole-y ghost posted:

Um thats how to stop your son from being gay.

InterFaced posted:

Being gay for jesus is ok tho

Eyespy posted:

Motherfucker, do you want to be the worlds best dad or not? Get on my loving level!

Does it have to be me though? Can I get my brother Bob to do it instead?

i hate everything posted:

"If every dog gets its day, then why Is a year only 365 days?" Printed over a low fidelity picture those wind up chomping teeth

Why chomping teeth, though?

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

DaveSplitter posted:

Does it have to be me though? Can I get my brother Bob to do it instead?

Bob? loving Bob? Is this whole thread some sort of elaborate troll? loving Bob?

No it can't be loving Bob. We're not here to get Bob to 'Worlds Greatest Uncle' you loving cumfart. You want the prize, you gently caress the guyz, that's how this poo poo works. gently caress!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
you gotta make him glow and float first, on a mountain top with a few of his friends around to see it. he'll go viral, make a hit sermon, and then you can gently caress him with pieces of wood. to death.

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
"The world will be inherited by the meek? Hegh tell that to everyone else." Copy and pasted over and over again found photo of late 80's wedding where both bride and groom look confused in a sad way.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Eyespy posted:

Bob? loving Bob? Is this whole thread some sort of elaborate troll? loving Bob?

No it can't be loving Bob. We're not here to get Bob to 'Worlds Greatest Uncle' you loving cumfart. You want the prize, you gently caress the guyz, that's how this poo poo works. gently caress!

Okay, okay, sheesh! Bob still wants in though...

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Just nail your gay son already, Jesus.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Gatekeeper posted:

you gotta make him glow and float first, on a mountain top with a few of his friends around to see it. he'll go viral, make a hit sermon, and then you can gently caress him with pieces of wood. to death.

Okay, I can get glow sticks. The floating part is going to be tricky. Maybe I can have him stand on a transparent stool of some sort?

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

InterFaced posted:

Just nail your gay son already, Jesus.

Okay, a couple of things:
1) I still need to gather supplies, and it's too dark out for me to do that now.
2) How do you know my irl name? Are you some sort of stalker?

I'll upload pictures of my wood once I get it gathered up.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

DaveSplitter posted:

Okay, okay, sheesh! Bob still wants in though...

Bob can wait his loving turn like the bitch that he is.

Frankly I think that Bob's commitment to this whole process is stronger than yours.

~Waaah. I'm DaveSplitter and I want to be the worlds greatest dad but I'm not going to get off my lazy rear end and earn it~

Frankly, if you can't man the gently caress up and get it done, you've failed your son, you've failed yourself, and you've failed America. Is that what you want?

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
Yeah that's what he wants. Bitchmade cant do poo poo.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
i already nailed the OP's mom

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Dude, its 2015.

Try some sheetrock screws.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

I decided to go ahead and gather my supplies now, seeing as I have nothing better to do.

Unfortunately, I was only able to find seven good pieces, so I needed to make some compromises regarding the last three.
So far I have:
-Seven nice log pieces.
-A Better Homes and Gardens Chinese Cookbook (Paper is made from trees, so It's basically wood).

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
ur psycho

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

DaveSplitter posted:

I decided to go ahead and gather my supplies now, seeing as I have nothing better to do.

So far I have:
-Seven nice log pieces.

Wow. Is this the new keyboard goo?

Eat the wood.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

DaveSplitter posted:

So far I have:
-Seven nice log pieces.

Maybe I was wrong about you, you've really turned this around quickly.

But you know what you really need to do to make the most of this? Corporate Sponsorship.

Throw a Mcdonalds logo on there or maybe something from Big Oil and BOOM, you're raking in the big bucks while you earn that prize. Have fun with it, paint the nails with the Fedex arrow, be creative.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Watch the Robin Williams comedy
World's Greatest Dad for inspiration

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

preemptively voting this thread 5, i think its going places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spandex Bonerlord