Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I'll only ever play GTA ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

marathon 2 had the best menu music ever in a game but im on my phone so I can't post it sorry

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:
Lol bungie is going to make money hand over fist for decades based on this stupid lovely game

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

well it turns out we're wrong about destiny

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31862717

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Videogame awards are a loving joke.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ethanol posted:

Best Game: Destiny
Persistent Game: League of Legends (??)
Multiplayer Game: Hearthstone

Yeah I think the BAFTA dudes are just kinda stupid.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Seeing this thread after having actual fun playing Mario Kart 8 online warms the dark parts of my gay heart.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

Keep your loser rear end 'skip to the money shot' bullshit on lfg, this is loving something awful. In here we loving murder everything dead and poo poo on fools like you

:getout: x 100 million

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

ethanol posted:

Bah, Titanfall is a way cooler shooter, has all of it's DLC made free now and also has a 4 player co-op mode if you're not into competitive mp.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

psyman posted:

Bah, Titanfall is a way cooler shooter, has all of it's DLC made free now and also has a 4 player co-op mode if you're not into competitive mp.

It also sucks nuts and instadied just like Evolve will.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

JebanyPedal posted:

It also sucks nuts and instadied just like Evolve will.

evolve is never gonna get off the ground in the first place

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol if you still play videogames

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Lol if you buy Activision or Ubisoft games.

People pay these companies to ruin the game industry.

60 dollars for the game
15 dollars for the first map pack
15 dollars for the second map pack
15 dollars for the third map pack

Congrats on spending 45 dollars for 9 maps!

Oh season pass you say? Paying for a product that you don't know if it's going to be good? Remind me what other product on planet Earth you do this for?

This should legally be considered retardation.

Why isn't there a handicap sign on every parking spot outside of GameStop?

Prorat fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Mar 15, 2015

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Prorat posted:

60 dollars for the game

Oh season pass you say? Paying for a product that you don't know if it's going to be good? Remind me what other product on planet Earth you do this for?

chill out grandpa

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Prorat posted:

60 dollars for the game

Lol poor.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Prorat posted:

60 dollars for the game

But what if those DLC only cost $1, would anyone be kicking up a fuss then?. Ruining the game industry = not being affordable for poor students, according to these forums LOL.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ruining the game industry

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Here is a good way to pick a game to buy:

Is game MMO? Don't buy game.

Is game early access? Don't buy game.

Is game pre-order? Don't buy game.

Is game just released? Don't buy game.

Has game been out for awhile and is well reviewed but is still full price? Don't buy game.

Has game been out for a year or so and is very well reviewed and is now fully patched of bugs? Don't buy game.

Is game same as above but goes on sale for 50% or more during a big sale? OK, buy game.

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
the pvp sucks, tribes had 16vs16 and 60vs60 multiplayer 15 years ago. vid game companies need to stop being so loving cheap

the pve stuff is good, strike missions, sandbox maps, but after the story ends early on mars it becomes pointless and all about power leveling

I need a good 3rd person shooter game that recently came out and has good mp

IBurnStuffAlot
Feb 25, 2008

:siren:DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN:siren:

Simstim posted:

sandbox maps

Lol you are so dumb.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
are you still playing this

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

a messed up horse posted:

are you still playing this

I played last night. had fun shooting things with my brother and a friend of mine.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

spacemang_spliff posted:

I played last night. had fun shooting things with my brother and a friend of mine.

ok just wanted to make sure someone was having a blast w/ pals

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

psyman posted:

But what if those DLC only cost $1, would anyone be kicking up a fuss then?. Ruining the game industry = not being affordable for poor students, according to these forums LOL.

Dunno man. I can easily afford that poo poo and I still don't buy it on the principal that it's a massive waste of money and a rip-off.
I think the last DLC I bought was for like, CKII and that was just the Create a Ruler one (why the gently caress was that DLC in the first place).
Most of the time they come out in massively price reduced GOTY editions that I pick up on sales. Like I did for Skyrim.
Woe on a nigga who buy full priced games with 30 dollar season pass on release.
Lmao, I'm lucky I don't play beat rear end clusterfuck multi shooters like BF or Evolve or garbage like that. My booty hole would be blistered from the buttfucking I would receive from the publishers as a price for my financial retardation.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

The Butcher posted:

Has game been out for awhile and is well reviewed but is still full price? Don't buy game.

Has game been out for a year or so and is very well reviewed and is now fully patched of bugs? Don't buy game.

Is game same as above but goes on sale for 50% or more during a big sale? OK, buy game.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

JebanyPedal posted:

Dunno man. I can easily afford that poo poo and I still don't buy it on the principal that it's a massive waste of money and a rip-off.
I think the last DLC I bought was for like, CKII and that was just the Create a Ruler one (why the gently caress was that DLC in the first place).
Most of the time they come out in massively price reduced GOTY editions that I pick up on sales. Like I did for Skyrim.
Woe on a nigga who buy full priced games with 30 dollar season pass on release.
Lmao, I'm lucky I don't play beat rear end clusterfuck multi shooters like BF or Evolve or garbage like that. My booty hole would be blistered from the buttfucking I would receive from the publishers as a price for my financial retardation.

youre ok jebanypedal

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
lmao if you don't get your 9k exp bounty from doing the daily and killing 10 mobs on the surface (boom instant 9k exp even if you die at the very end of the daily mission)

If you survive the whole thing you instantly get like 12k total so it's super easy.

JUST LOL IF YOU ANYTHING

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Destiny is good cause the gunplay is good. Play a halo game and be like "drat I used to play this poo poo" it handles like goldeneye.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

People still play Destiny?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

JebanyPedal posted:

Videogame awards are a loving joke.

It's not even a popularity contest anymore, it's just more advertisement for games with millions of dollars invested in hype.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
i'm officially done with dentistry

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
i'm officially done with dysentary

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

buy a pc

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

JebanyPedal posted:

People still play Destiny?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Butcher posted:

i will preorder the sequel to red dead redemption the exact second it appears on amazon. also prob the next elder scrools game but that about covers it

• Locked thread