Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/internet-small-pleasures/

I was so moved by this article that I sent a link to a bunch of people, then sadly sank into realization at the hideous irony of having done so. A really tight infinite shame loop, Corin Tucker's Stalker. You deserve an attaboy for that.

Honestly though, I've been thinking along the same lines all year- it's 2015, that poorly thought out fantasy social utopia internet that I believed so loving hard in back in the 2000's still isn't here, and I'm really starting to hate my naive child self for ever believing in it. I even remember double-dipping my stupidity when I thought (somehow) that the internet as accessed by a smartphone would somehow be better than the one I'd already been loving around on for years. Yeah, the internet is in our pants now and I can access it from the bus, that means the quality of the material will go UP! SURE!

But it didn't go up in quality, obviously, it was the same network it's always been, made up of idiots endlessly gobbling turds embedded with flecks of undigested entertainment. Just like how Web 2.0 did not break open the floodgates on some imaginary reserve of brilliance and human dignity that was being held back by the difficulty of coding, if anything it lowered standards for what qualifies as content. Today, thanks to decades of technological expansion, you can pile the "content' turds in your mouth while sitting at a fancy restaurant instead of talking to your date, and she can Tinder for a better boyfriend at the same time. Progress!?

And now I will obsessively watch this thread out of an idiotic ape-man need for validation from others agreeing with me that yes, still, The Internet Makes You Stupid. Good poo poo, CTS. Good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
I agree, really like the article. Definitely stuff in there I can relate to haha

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Ha oops

• Locked thread