Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015
The photograph that I will be presenting is of the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) and has been a mystery to mankind for decades. To understand the Holy Spirit, we must consult scripture. I will be using both the old and new testaments of the Holy Bible.

2 Corinthians 4:18. while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power. Divinity means, of, or pertaining to God. The Holy Spirit is God, the third person of the Holy Trinity.

Notice how the photograph below looks exactly like the Halo.

The Christian Halo can be found in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him."

The Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo above His head.

This photo is also of the Spirit of God as the Spirit of truth who bears witness.

The photograph above left is the Spirit of truth looking directly at the camera man and bearing witness to him taking the photograph.

! John 5:6. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

The Holy Spirit also bears witness to our consciousness.

Romans 9:1. I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit.

It is through the Spirit that Father God and Jesus hear our cries.

Roman 8:26. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning's which cannot be uttered.

God demonstrates His presence here on earth through the eyes of the Lord.

2 Chronicles 16:9. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.

The Spirit of truth is the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit glorifies Christ

The Spirit of truth bears witness to the indwelt Spirit of Christ in the Christian.

The Spirit of truth glorifies Christ by bearing witness that we belong to Christ and declaring this to the Apostles who sit on the thrones of judgment so that we are not judged and may onto the Father.

Jesus said to the Apostles -

John 16:13. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak, and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

This is how Christ builds His kingdom through the Holy Spirit here on earth.

Romans 8:15-16. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I am Satan

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
same

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

All right, you sold me.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
You know, I was thinking the exact same thing when I forgot to take my meds yesterday.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hail satin

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Enchanter Homnibus posted:

The photograph that I will be presenting is of the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) and has been a mystery to mankind for decades. To understand the Holy Spirit, we must consult scripture. I will be using both the old and new testaments of the Holy Bible.

2 Corinthians 4:18. while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The Halo is symbolic of divinity and supreme power. Divinity means, of, or pertaining to God. The Holy Spirit is God, the third person of the Holy Trinity.

The Christian Halo can be found in scripture as the Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus.

Mathew 3:16. When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

John 1:32. John testified saying, "I have seen the Spirit descending as a dove out of heaven, and He remained upon Him."

The Spirit of God alighting and remaining upon Jesus appeared as a Halo above His head.

This photo is also of the Spirit of God as the Spirit of truth who bears witness.

The photograph above left is the Spirit of truth looking directly at the camera man and bearing witness to him taking the photograph.

! John 5:6. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth.

The Holy Spirit also bears witness to our consciousness.

Romans 9:1. I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit.

It is through the Spirit that Father God and Jesus hear our cries.

Roman 8:26. Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groaning's which cannot be uttered.

God demonstrates His presence here on earth through the eyes of the Lord.

2 Chronicles 16:9. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.

The Spirit of truth is the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit glorifies Christ

The Spirit of truth bears witness to the indwelt Spirit of Christ in the Christian.

The Spirit of truth glorifies Christ by bearing witness that we belong to Christ and declaring this to the Apostles who sit on the thrones of judgment so that we are not judged and may onto the Father.

Jesus said to the Apostles -

John 16:13. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak, and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

This is how Christ builds His kingdom through the Holy Spirit here on earth.

Romans 8:15-16. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, "Abba, Father." The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.

hosed up if true

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Man, the Jehovah's Witnesses have really gone high tech lately.

Barlow
Nov 26, 2007
Write, speak, avenge, for ancient sufferings feel

Doesn't look like Halo. Your XBone must be broken.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Man, the Jehovah's Witnesses have really gone high tech lately.

Roman Catholic knocking to shine a light on reality.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Roman Catholic knocking to shine a light on reality.

You don't have to appeal to pseudoscience to uphold your faith or validate it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
That's a lot of words about your imaginary friend.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Is that you, Victor?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
While we're at it how about we start posting four page essays about how Boba Fett didn't die in that giant toothy sand vagina.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

EvilJoven posted:

While we're at it how about we start posting four page essays about how Boba Fett didn't die in that giant toothy sand vagina.

Blasphemer!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

EvilJoven posted:

But enough about Mary.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

EvilJoven posted:

That's a lot of words about your imaginary friend.

My friend is not imaginary.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 11, 2015

Coelacanthian
Dec 23, 2008
My imaginary friend is real. So sayeth my imaginary friend.

edit: Trollin' for Christ.

Coelacanthian fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 11, 2015

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Pentecost (ie the feast of the Holy Spirit) is still some ways off, op. I'd recommend focussing on the coming crucifixion and resurrection instead, for is it not written "Everything has its time" (Ecclesiastes) and "For the love of God thy LORD, please stop shitposting" (Proverbs)

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Fedora tippers itt working overtime to out-pathetic a literal schizo

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Jumpingmanjim posted:

hosed up if true

It's true. God loves all people. Gays go to heaven as well. Don't fret.

1 John 4:8. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

It's true. God loves all people. Gays go to heaven as well. Don't fret.

1 John 4:8. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

That's why they call it the brown eye.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Hail

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Miltank posted:

The OT is reality.

Enchanter Homnibus fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 11, 2015

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Miltank posted:

don't you have a hilarious patchwork of self-contradictory superstition to obsesses over somewhere?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

The OP is reality.

The, uh, the opposite reading is true, I'm afraid.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Effectronica posted:

The, uh, the opposite reading is true, I'm afraid.

I meant to say the OT is reality.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I meant to say the OT is reality.

I'm glad you love your occupational therapist girlfriend.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
imagine if the christian god was real lol he fucken sucks like hes so bad at everything lmao kids getting raped by his priests on the reg

seriously hail satan

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I think you will find that the Catholic Church is, in fact, the whore of Babylon

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

roymorrison posted:

imagine if the christian god was real lol he fucken sucks like hes so bad at everything lmao kids getting raped by his priests on the reg

seriously hail satan

God had nothing to do with that.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015
Elijah Ascends to Heaven

2 KINGS 2:1. And when it came to pass, when the LORD was about to take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind,...

Elijah would have traveled through a spiritual whirlwind (tunnel) on his way to heaven.

To give you an idea of this, here is a picture of a physical whirlwind.

2 KINGS 2:11. ...and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Hail satin
Hail seitan

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

there is no god, I am god

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
not enough numerology, you preach false doctrine

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

God had nothing to do with that.

oh i see, the omnipresence was somewhere else at the time...

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
thetan levels eschatology 9/11 false flag

i crashed a plane into heaven, and killed jesus. i am jesus

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Hi Kyoon

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

i am harry posted:

oh i see, the omnipresence was somewhere else at the time...

God is not responsible for man's sins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

God is not responsible for man's sins.

but he is responsible for man, makes one think

• Locked thread