Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Does Satan also have resurrection powers or is that forbidden to the evil cleric spell list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

Does Satan also have resurrection powers or is that forbidden to the evil cleric spell list?

Resurrection is a 7th level spell for all Clerics.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Resurrection is a 7th level spell for all Clerics.

Wow! Satan must be able to cast at least 10th level spells, so I imagine he also has the power to resurrect. He also seems to have better manifestation powers and forms.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

Y'know, unless you are a starving kid in Africa. Or in the US. Or Anywhere at all.

Prayers getting 'answered' implies that not only does a tangible change in reality take place in direct result of you praying (which doesn't happen or is already self-fulfilling before the prayer occurred). This if before you even push the whole idea of praying for Faith, which implies you are praying for belief without proof but asking for proof. Self-contradiction.

So prayers get answered but I shouldn't expect God to have any direct influence over the world which would be a measurable result of my prayer. Huh. That sounds very self-contradicting.

I got hepatitis C from drinking from the cup of a person who had it and probably had bleeding gums. I contracted jaundice, yellowing of the skin, a symptom of hep C and was diagnosed with it. At the time, it was an incurable disease. I prayed to Jesus for help and through miraculous intervention, the hepatitis went away. Today, my tests come back as if I never had it at all. This would baffle doctors.

Mark 16:16. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink of anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

It may behoove you to look to heaven for spiritual answers.

2 Corinthians 4:18. while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

What if your prayers reached the Devil instead, though? Cure disease is probably like a 5th level spell, so he probably knows that one too.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

Satan is not a giver of life. He is a destroyer of life.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Enchanter Homnibus posted:

Effectronica,

Come to think of it, physical resurrections may be seen in the NDE were the body dies, the person has a spiritual experience and then the spirit is place back into the body and the body is brought back to life again. This may be an example of resurrections still occurring in today's world. It of course would not hold the same significance as Lazarus and Jesus who were brought back to life after the body was dead for three days. But could shine a small light to the reality of scripture and the resurrection of Christ.

Alternatively, the NDE is related to lucid dreaming, and involves the mind creating sensations. After all, it's only Christians who see Jesus in an NDE.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

I got hepatitis C from drinking from the cup of a person who had it and probably had bleeding gums. I contracted jaundice, yellowing of the skin, a symptom of hep C and was diagnosed with it. At the time, it was an incurable disease. I prayed to Jesus for help and through miraculous intervention, the hepatitis went away. Today, my tests come back as if I never had it at all. This would baffle doctors.

No, it wouldn't It would never baffle them because we've always had treatments with 80% success rates and rarely it goes away on its own.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Satan is not a giver of life. He is a destroyer of life.

Surely he wants people to live long and prosperous lives, so that he has more opportunities for temptation to seize their souls?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

What if your prayers reached the Devil instead, though? Cure disease is probably like a 5th level spell, so he probably knows that one too.

I've never heard of the Devil ever curing a disease. I believe that the devils are not capable of doing any good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've never heard of the Devil ever curing a disease. I believe that the devils are not capable of doing any good.

Many stories involve the Devil exchanging long life or healthiness for souls, while God is more prone to test His worthy followers with disease or other torments. May I direct you to the book of Job?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Effectronica posted:

Alternatively, the NDE is related to lucid dreaming, and involves the mind creating sensations. After all, it's only Christians who see Jesus in an NDE.

What you say is theoretical and is a study of the physical and not the spiritual. Many believe that we are often times in the spirit world while dreaming. I've seen this be true myself.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

No, it wouldn't It would never baffle them because we've always had treatments with 80% success rates and rarely it goes away on its own.

There would be signs of once having it as with hepatitis B. Yet there are no signs of me ever having it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Many believe that we are often times in the spirit world while dreaming. I've seen this be true myself.

Effectronica posted:

Remember that confirmation bias we discussed earlier?

There would be signs of once having it as with hepatitis B. Yet there are no signs of me ever having it.

So how often do you run antibody labs on yourself. Obviously you've scientifically established this outside your own anecdotal evidence.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 13, 2015

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

Surely he wants people to live long and prosperous lives, so that he has more opportunities for temptation to seize their souls?

That's funny.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

So how often do you run antibody labs on yourself. Obviously you've scientifically established this outside your own anecdotal evidence.

Likewise it is not only the Christian who experiences the afterlife.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Not to the people losing their souls, or to Job, it isn't. Job wasn't laughing!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Likewise it is not only the Christian who experiences the afterlife.

And yet mysteriously they don't all see Jesus smiling back. Some see nothing at all. Some see familiar things. Again, almost everything seen in NDE is directly connected to things the person has seen or discussed in real life.

Its almost as if the BRAIN retains these things, and considering most hallucinations stem from the brain, its not entirely surprising that it happens.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 13, 2015

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

If God really loved this copy/paster troll guy, he would have made him keep the Hepatitis C and also maybe some cataracts, like he does with his truest followers.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

I have blood work done on a regular basis. I believe it to be true, there should be signs of remission as their is with hepatitis B. If there are no signs, I believe that this would suggest supernatural intervention.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Here is a photograph of the afterlife. It is of a spirit in one of God's very small chariots.

Psalm 68:17. The chariots of God are twenty thousands, Even thousands of thousands. The Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place.

hold on, when i get home I'm gonna load up GIMP with the biggest lens flare i can find and blow your loving mind :catdrugs:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I received a tainted blood transfusion of gammaglobulin (Hep C) when I was young due to Kawasaki's disease, but unlike the others who received the sample, I tested negative, so God also does not love me nearly as much he loves Job. I got the disease for children that makes your tongue turn into a raspberry and your skin turn into a horrible itching mass, plus I learned I was allergic to aspirin such that it causes my throat to almost swell closed, and I guess I was in danger of my heart having an aneurism, then the blood they pumped into me was poison, but, well, it got better, so I must conclude that Job is higher up on God's best friends list.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I have blood work done on a regular basis. I believe it to be true, there should be signs of remission as their is with hepatitis B. If there are no signs, I believe that this would suggest supernatural intervention.

Confirmation bias and coincidence. Sorry bud.

Asshole Businessman
Aug 8, 2007
I heart Donald Trump.

God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

Not to the people losing their souls, or to Job, it isn't. Job wasn't laughing!

Job would be in heaven as a superior being, for he has received his reward.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Job would be in heaven as a superior being, for he has received his reward.

See? So if you really want God to bless you, you should have stayed sick, like Job! You've got to read that book you're always quoting, man!

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

And yet mysteriously they don't all see Jesus smiling back. Some see nothing at all. Some see familiar things. Again, almost everything seen in NDE is directly connected to things the person has seen or discussed in real life.

Its almost as if the BRAIN retains these things, and considering most hallucinations stem from the brain, its not entirely surprising that it happens.

Psychiatrists are quack doctors. Not all things are hallucinations. You are listening to ignorant people.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

I received a tainted blood transfusion of gammaglobulin (Hep C) when I was young due to Kawasaki's disease, but unlike the others who received the sample, I tested negative, so God also does not love me nearly as much he loves Job. I got the disease for children that makes your tongue turn into a raspberry and your skin turn into a horrible itching mass, plus I learned I was allergic to aspirin such that it causes my throat to almost swell closed, and I guess I was in danger of my heart having an aneurism, then the blood they pumped into me was poison, but, well, it got better, so I must conclude that Job is higher up on God's best friends list.

Would like some cheese with that wine?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

See? So if you really want God to bless you, you should have stayed sick, like Job! You've got to read that book you're always quoting, man!

Mother Mary, blessed amongst women never had any recorded problems in her life that I'm aware of.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

rear end in a top hat Businessman posted:

God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance.

Science is limited to the physical world. Let us not limit ourselves to the physical world when seeking spiritual realities.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Psychiatrists are quack doctors. Not all things are hallucinations.

These are Neurologists saying this. And are you a Scientologist or something?

Until you prove otherwise, they are almost certainly hallucinations.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

God had nothing to do with that.

He gave humanity free will which pissed off Lucifer and made him rebel thus creating the devil who I am lead to believe by your religion is responsible for all sins and he is omnipotent I hate to break it to you but he is responsible in two different ways by your own lore.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

What you say is theoretical and is a study of the physical and not the spiritual. Many believe that we are often times in the spirit world while dreaming. I've seen this be true myself.

Yes, theoretical. Yours is not even theoretical. Furthermore, consensus reality is only Christian if you're a Christian Scientist or a particular kind of evangelical Protestant. If you are not either, then popular belief does not imply truthfulness.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
Time for some real talk, Homnibus. What are your thoughts on Deuteronomy 20, particularly the back half of the chapter?

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

CommieGIR posted:

These are Neurologists saying this. And are you a Scientologist or something?

Until you prove otherwise, they are almost certainly hallucinations.

It is the psychiatrist that writes the DSMR where the definitions for brain disorders and their symptoms can be found. We must not fail to see beyond the lies this world. Teacher we must move on.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

It is the psychiatrist that writes the DSMR where the definitions for brain disorders and their symptoms can be found. We must not fail to see beyond the lies this world. Teacher we must move on.

Okay, why is psychiatry false?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Would like some cheese with that wine?

I just want to be loved as much as Job.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

It is the psychiatrist that writes the DSMR where the definitions for brain disorders and their symptoms can be found.

This has nothing to do with NDE and chemically induced hallucinations caused by body conditions. And Neurologists are the ones who actually study how such things are caused within the brain, the psychologists interprets its meanings, not its functions.

For someone sure God cured his Hepatitis, you sure are bad at even basic medicine.

Effectronica posted:

Okay, why is psychiatry false?

Seriously, I'm waiting to hear this one.

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

snergle posted:

He gave humanity free will which pissed off Lucifer and made him rebel thus creating the devil who I am lead to believe by your religion is responsible for all sins and he is omnipotent I hate to break it to you but he is responsible in two different ways by your own lore.

Lucifer brought evil into this world but is not responsible for all the sins mankind. If this were true, man would not be punished. Man has the free will to choose whether to sin or not. And were he has failed, can be forgiven by the blood of the Lamb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enchanter Homnibus
Mar 11, 2015

Bicyclops posted:

I just want to be loved as much as Job.

Job was put to the test. This test I believe is simply something that man cannot understand.

• Locked thread