Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So I've never watched a Netflix Series before. What time on Friday can I expect the show to be available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Coffeehitler posted:

It is unfortunate that Fox owns Dr. Doom, so there's little chance of Luke Cage getting to perform the antics leading to "Where's my money Honey?" $300 bucks is the best reason to help a coup attempt and then put down said coup attempt. I am pretty curious if Jessica Jones is just going to be Alias, I don't remember any comics for her before that came out.

Actually, it was $200. You don't wanna see what Luke would do if it was $300...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Just finished. Full of gore, violence, and asskicking.

This was great! I loved it, and can't wait for more!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

So spoilers are OK now, right? I've avoided this thread since the 10th, until I got finished, because I have no self control when it comes to hovering over the spoilers in threads...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I thought Wesley was the one who had poisoned people, but he wasn't. I was surprised when they killed him, though. Didn't expect that, and really didn't expect them to kill Ben. Established major minor character, damnit! :sigh:

Also, on a personal level, I would have preferred it if Netflix did one episode a week. I like having everyone seeing an episode at the same time, and being able to talk about it, and speculate. But, that's not the Netflix way. I'll just have to adapt.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Why isn't the thread title Avacados At Law?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Because that line is good enough that I don't want to ruin it for someone that hasn't gotten there yet.

Works for me. Thanks, Goose!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gyges posted:

I can't remember, how much time passed between her being kidnapped and killing Wesley and the next time she ran into Matt? Depending on how long and what she did, it's possible there wouldn't have been much there for him to sense. Also does he have Wesley's sent memorized? I'd think that with all the various stenches that, from his perspective, cling to everyone personal odors are probably closer to the little things you only notice about people you're close to. I mean you can only smell so much trace fecal matter on everyone before you refuse to delve so closely on how they smell.

I'd think his recognition of people would be more based off of personal sounds and such. Like heartbeats, breathing patters, favorite watches, walking rhythms, etc.

He knew Wesley by the ticking of his watch. That's how he followed him on the streets, and how he knew he was in the courtroom both times in Epsiode 3.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

After seeing the first image of the Daredevil black suit and mask, my first thought was, "That looks dumb", followed by, "It reminds me of the Dread Pirate Roberts...".

Once I saw it in action, though, it looked pretty good. I also like his red suit.

As for the phones, for the most part, it looked like everyone had Android or Windows phones. I think I only saw one or two iPhones. And, of course, various flip phones. "Yo, Matt! Where you at? BOOST!".

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WickedHate posted:

There were times I was completely sure it was the guy from Criminal Intent, but said "Nah, it can't be" before finding out it actually was. He has a very distinctive way of talking.

Close, but he's actually Thor.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Came across this while browsing imgur earlier.
http://i.imgur.com/6TtF7De.png

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yup. Rehashing Secret Wars and Civil War in an attempt to get more movie fans reading the comics.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Guess that means we have to fall back on Arnie.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I never noticed that!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Yes. And I don't think anyone really takes star ratings seriously. They're kind of like IMDB ratings in that way.

This Is Spinal Tap would like to argue.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gyges posted:

Really want to see what Nick Cage wore to the audition.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Nick Cage in drag as the loneliest lady in all of Themyscira.

You just had to do it, didn't you? You knew what would happen. This is all on you.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

zoux posted:

I'd have assumed it was a fan poster, but Bendis was the one that posted it.

I dunno... I've seen plenty of fan posters posted by Official-type Twitters and Facebooks. Usually, they'll mention that it's fan-made, but sometimes they don't. :shrug:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Snak posted:

Isn't the premise of Defenders that Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist all team up? So I'm assuming that he will be in it, and that it will be before DD season 2.

Unless Defenders happens next year, Season 2 will take place before it.

The current timeline is:

Daredevil (S1), A.K.A. Jessica Jones: 2015
Luke Cage, Daredevil (S2): 2016
Iron Fist, The Defenders: ???

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

I feel alone in not giving a gently caress about Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, or Luke Cage. Just make more Daredevil.

Iron Fist was the one I was most excited about. Followed by Luke Cage. Now that I've seen Daredevil, I'm really excited for them.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gyges posted:

Anyone who doesn't give a gently caress about Luke Cage is not to be trusted.

Well, it is kind of hard to, with who they cast as Luke...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You forgot that Squirrel Girl is their babysitter.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I suppose it's only fair to give a villain his own show.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Punisher is a villain who thinks he's a hero. He claims he's doing what the law/justice won't, but there's a reason they don't do those things. Frank likes to kill, and uses the murder of his family (whom he took on that picnic to tell them that he couldn't take being a husband and father, and was going to leave them) as an excuse.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DvP is what I've been thinking it would be, so no change in expectations here. Just the hard part of waiting.

Also, I don't remember: Will this thread become the Jessica Jones thread in December, or will that get a new thread?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Something that crossed my mind back when I saw it, and then I forgot about until today.

I forget which episode it was, but Matt's walking down the street with his cane, tapping his way along, and then he thows his cane away, and runs into an alley to climb up to a roof.

I wonder how many times he's done that. Does he have a closet full of canes? And is there some hobo who keeps finding all the ones Matt tosess aside?

Yeah, nothing important, just silly. v:v:v

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

It's Scott Lang because the guy who got the rights to it and wrote the movie likes Scott Lang more than Hank Pym, like any right thinking person should.

He's no Eric O'Grady, though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

In Marvel news, it seems that they're using Ant-Man as a test to see about getting out the origin story via social media. They've created a Google+ and Twitter Account for the fictional WHiH World News network. The network was seen in the movies reporting on the Battle At Culver University (The Incredible Hulk), the Battle Of Sokovia (Age Of Ultron), and on Daredevil, reporting on Wilson Fisk.

The past couple of weeks, they've been talking about Scott Lang, and today, this "report" showed up on Mashable.

I think it's a pretty interesting way to do it. If it works for them, we'll probably see Dr. Strange's origin story this way.

Edit: The video seems to be helping set up Civil War at the very beginning, and mentions an earthquake in Southern Africa (Wakanda? Probably...).

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 8, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No. Marvel needs to forever part ways with Snipes. :colbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, for me, this is all leading up to Iron Fist.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Also, the music was Thousand Eyes by Of Monsters And Men, a pretty cool group from Iceland.

https://twitter.com/TheMarvelReport/status/641986112244817920

For those wondering: the song is Of Monsters and Men - Thousand Eyes which you can buy on @iTunes! https://itun.es/i6SF8xk #JessicaJones

And on Google Play if you use Android: https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Blkdxjqwk36nbdddbwd6oapuofu&tid=song-T7c4weagftt6osobitdz7wfdzrm

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Medullah posted:

Wasn't it more that she couldn't really land gracefully, Greatest American Hero style?

I loved that show when I was a kid. I guess the remake isn't happening, though, since it's been over a year, and nothing's been said? Wait, no. This article, posted today, says it's still on, and will be coming next year.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Jessica Jones' Viral Marketing Graffitis New York City

Sneak Peek at Jessica Jones Production Art

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

zoux posted:

Here's a good copy of the DD s2 "trailer", the new footage starts at 1:30.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmmFjIC1TAE

That one's gone.

HIJK posted:

The clean version has been uploaded here without any Season 1 footage: http://entertaintheidea.com/post/131021116408/father-why-do-i-still-feel-guilty-beg-and-watch

"B E G ."

I heard "Bang!", not BEG...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Two things:

1) Where's my JJ Trailer?
2) I miss Wesley.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

The problem with the end of Episode 13 is that Matt didn't say, "I'm not the bad guy!".

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

:stare:

Dat's hosed up.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

I love how they're basically setting it up as a superhero-themed horror story. Tennant already looks amazing and you only even see him for like a second.

Yeah, I hate horror movies, so I dunno if I'm gonna watch this one...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

The quick flash of a scene where you see 4 people hanging themselves as she runs in to help . . . jesus christ.

Yeah, between that, and the chick with the gun under her chin... that's just not the kinds of things I can watch. Ah well. My loss, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

I expect Luke Cage to have at least one utterance of "Sweet Christmas" or "Where's my money, honey"

He will. I forget who it was, but someone did an interview with Mike Colter, and got him to say Sweet Christmas, and Coulter said that when he first read it, he was puzzled by the phrase, but once he started acting the scene, it totally fit the character.