Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ArbitraryC posted:

Dominos is like pretty much every other pizza delivery chain in america in that it's okay but not good. People who insist it is disgusting are just as spergy as people who insist they just can't listen to top 40 music but if you can find a decent local place it's probably better quality.
I dont mind dominoes but I must agree that the local place which has three elderly italians at a table talking to each other as a permanent fixture is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Please be joking.

"This pile of poopcheese pairs nicely with a 2015 Carlo Rossi"

You'd be surprised at the things you get if you just ask! Its quality service and quality dish, something that rarely comes together at Domino's amazing pricepoint

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Really the only thing I actively dislike about dominos is my local one seems to employ mostly older people as drivers so I'll have some dude nearly twice my age show up with a pizza and I just sorta feel guilty about the situation.

HarlanHell
Nov 16, 2012

Nevermind that shit here comes Mingo!
As the prophesy foretold the pizza will taste of ash until the Noid is returned to the throne.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Is it my imagination or did papa johns used to taste a lot better

i usually get dominos now because they have better prices, and taste better, than the local cheap chain round here (the individual local pizza places cost way more but do taste better). 'za hut is way too greasy for my tastes. little ceaser's used to be in my area but mostly got replaced by the cheap local chain mentioned above and i have no recollection of how it tastes but it looks gross

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:

HarlanHell posted:

As the prophesy foretold the pizza will taste of ash until the Noid is returned to the throne.

I played and beat "Yo, Noid!" on the NES as a kid. God knows where I even got that game.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

When you're drunk there's nothing better than domino's cheesy breadsticks.

Here's my ranking:

AUTHENTIC NEW YAWK PIZZUH
domino's
Pizza hut

Hell tier:

papa john's :ussr:

Lil' Caesar
Sbarro

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

red19fire posted:

Here's my ranking:
Pizza hut
Lil' Caesar
Unos

Hell tier:
domino's
papa john's :ussr:
Sbarro
Chuck E Cheese
Lean Cuisine frozen french bread pizza
Digironos
Ellio's
TOMBstone

fixed.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

Dominos is like pretty much every other pizza delivery chain in america in that it's okay but not good. People who insist it is disgusting are just as spergy as people who insist they just can't listen to top 40 music but if you can find a decent local place it's probably better quality.

Thanks for the breakdown, Poindexter.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Thanks for the breakdown, Poindexter.

No problem, I am completely willing to die on the "stop pretending to not like thing that is popular because it's inoffensive and easy to like, everyone knows you're only so vocal in your distaste because you care way too much about what people think of your consumer interests" hill.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Like it can't be stated enough that absolutely no one cares more than the people pretending to not like popular thing about what is popular and I will repeat it at every opportunity. Anyone who simply doesn't enjoy popular thing because they don't enjoy it will never proactively mention it to you or try to insist it's bad, they just won't partake in it.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I eat Domino's in Japan because it's better than the rest of the garbage they call pizza. I mean, you can have $50 shrimp, corn, and mayonnaise pizza but why. It also has pepperoni, which is weirdly rare.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I feel pizza is pretty much done as a food choice. It'll still be around and people will still eat it, but's it never going to be that great anymore. In an era where even 7-11 sells pizza, maybe all pizza joints should just pack it in.

Let's try and get more Mexican food happening.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I feel pizza is pretty much done as a food choice. It'll still be around and people will still eat it, but's it never going to be that great anymore. In an era where even 7-11 sells pizza, maybe all pizza joints should just pack it in.

Let's try and get more Mexican food happening.

Taco Bell has great mexican food you should try there

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Taco Bell has great mexican food you should try there

I live in the only city in the UK (maybe Europe?) With a taco bell and it is the shittiest poo poo on earth.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

pizza hut has a surprising calorie to dollar ratio if you get the right deals.

if you do carry-out, you can get a two topping large pizza for eight bucks and some change. a large cheese pizza comes in at 2800 calories, so add in your toppings and that's just gravy, baby.

sadly, they do not offer gravy as a topping.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I live in the only city in the UK (maybe Europe?) With a taco bell and it is the shittiest poo poo on earth.

They've served billions of customers at this point I think they've got the winning formula. Maybe the spicy southwestern goodness of the Bell doesnt work with your English palette? Theres several flavor profiles you can try.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

From what I can tell pizza outside of America, even in Italy, ranges between inedible to mediocre

Pizza in the US stinks

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

They've served billions of customers at this point I think they've got the winning formula. Maybe the spicy southwestern goodness of the Bell doesnt work with your English palette? Theres several flavor profiles you can try.

We've got a lot of Mexican places but yeah if that is the cuisine of the south west us then I don't like they're turd food

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Aesop Poprock posted:

From what I can tell pizza outside of America, even in Italy, ranges between inedible to mediocre

It varies by country but this is really only true if you eat at those ubiquitous pizza and kebob places. Any place that advertises its self as serving pizza and anything that isn't Italian is a sure sign you're in for some crappy pizza.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

really fiending for some za, op

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Never once been disappointed with Dominos.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Im planning on ordering pizza for the guys at work tomorrow. Gonna drop the extra dollar and get handmade pans because thats where Dominos even tops itself in quality. Cant wait

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I wish they'd just bring back the 30 minutes or it's free policy.

yah i used to order a pizza and then organize an elaborate system with me and two neighbors kids i hired down the road to cause traffic about a mile outside the hut, i'd pay them in a slice of free pizza each after we gathered at the meet up spot once the job was done and traffic was delayed long enough to get a pile of poo poo bleached flour fat fake cheese fake sauce disc

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

extra stout posted:

yah i used to order a pizza and then organize an elaborate system with me and two neighbors kids i hired down the road to cause traffic about a mile outside the hut, i'd pay them in a slice of free pizza each after we gathered at the meet up spot once the job was done and traffic was delayed long enough to get a pile of poo poo bleached flour fat fake cheese fake sauce disc

yawn

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

extra stout posted:

why would you steal from such a great institution. Tens of thousands of hard working employees, hundreds of thousands of farmers/ranchers/factoryman work extremely hard for you to have the opportunity to taste amazing pizza hot at your door for a low price. Shame

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The local Dominios near me is staffed by the biggest loving morons ever. True story:

So I order a carry out pizza on my home computer and tear out without my credit card, which I left by the keyboard. Which is on me, and yeah, stupid and I don't realize it until I'm standing at the pizza place after a 25 minute walk.

I explain what happened and offer to pay in cash after verifying the whole order. "We can't give you the pizza & sides! You don't have the card!" I give them my phone number, email, time of order - but nope, no card, no pizza. The option they give me is to repurchase it with cash (still paying the credit card one, too) and then they would re-make the order from scratch, rather than give me the loving food sitting right there.

Customer service at Dominos is only ahead of the local Pizza Hut which has a 20% chance of just never bothering to show up.

A) Taco Bell is amazing for a low tier fast food place (Del Taco is better though)
B) Taco Bell isn't Mexican food

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 12, 2015

Betacord
Mar 24, 2013

7 DAYS / 1 PROGRAM
Dominos UK has an absolutely crazy pricing policy, where I am a 12-inch with some kind of ordinary topping comes to £14.99 ($22). Or down the road I can get three 12-inch pizzas for £12.99. And it tastes the same (completely average fast food pizza). Actually the cheap place is slightly better as they put more toppings on.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
For fast-food pizza, their 'handmade pan' pizzas are pretty alright for 9 bucks (two toppings). That's basically two meals for 4.50 each. Not bad. I mean, except for my health.

I have never tried anything but their pizza, despite all the marketing. I just sort of inwardly lol at that nonsense.

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Mar 12, 2015

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

It sounds like you had an authentic Taco Bell experience.

Dominos is ok if you like cardboard covered in ketchup with some american cheese cooked in a microwave by a sex offender. I prefer to spend a little more and get real pizza from local places.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
the dominoes where i used to live had "happy hour" 4-7pm where large 1-topping pizzas were $5. poo poo, that was way better than little caesars for $5. i would get steak on mine.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

yummy pappa johns, dominoes, pizza hut!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Howard Beale posted:

In commercials for Domino's Pizza, the chain's employees wage a never ending battle against the Noid, a gremlin who delays deliveries and carries a gun that can turn a pizza ice cold. Many viewers are amused by the Noid, Domino's says, but one of them took the advertising campaign personally. Last week Kenneth Noid, 22, walked into a Domino's Pizza shop in Chamblee, Ga., with a .357 Magnum revolver and took two employees hostage. When police arrived, he demanded $100,000 in cash, a getaway car and a copy of The Widow's Son, a 1985 novel about secret societies in an 18th century Parisian prison. All Noid got was the pizza he ordered. After a five-hour siege, the two employees slipped away and Noid gave himself up. According to police, Noid has "psychological problems" and believes that he has an "ongoing dispute with Tom Monaghan," the head of the Detroit-based Domino's chain.

many of dominos customers also carry guns that can turn a pizza delivery driver ice cold

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

good pizza is the only tolerable part of living near italians

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
which is the pizza chain that serves a rectangular mess of fried chicken chunks covered in sauce, cheese and bacon on butcher paper? I mean, come on guys; can't you at least give me some mini chocolate chip cookies I can use to scoop it up into my mouth?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Dominos is pretty good now, I actually like it better than Papa John's and it's way ahead of Pizza Hut. My apartment complex has a driveway that literally leads to Dominos so I don't even have to like leave the parking lot to get pizza which is why I weigh 800 pounds.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

TEAYCHES posted:

look at how thoroughly owned versisimilidude was just owned

The skinniest guy on The Biggest Loser is still a fat rear end in a top hat.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I think we can all at least agree that Sbarro is just the worst by a wide margin

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Hunt Brothers (the brand they sell at gas stations) is pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

i didn't realize sbarro was still a thing since malls aren't a thing anymore

• Locked thread