Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Sadmantongue posted:

I'll be playing tonight because its spring breakup and I have nothing to do but drink beer, lift weights and play video games. :getin:

PSN: SlipperyOnez

added I was going to add you but you showed up good job

I'll be on tonight as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Whelp, I'm a dumb idiot and preordered this game for PS4. PSN is ScootsMcSkirt if any goons wanna hop on and cause a ruckus. I started the preload and it said it was about 46 gigs, then the file size changed midway down to just 6 gigs. Am I gonna have to download the rest when it launches or is there a way to get it to finish the download while I watch The Wire to get in the zone before launch?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

Whelp, I'm a dumb idiot and preordered this game for PS4. PSN is ScootsMcSkirt if any goons wanna hop on and cause a ruckus. I started the preload and it said it was about 46 gigs, then the file size changed midway down to just 6 gigs. Am I gonna have to download the rest when it launches or is there a way to get it to finish the download while I watch The Wire to get in the zone before launch?

Every game does that, its the "amount downloaded in order to start the game". The full thing should be done by the time it launches

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Pork Pie Hat posted:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

A Playstation 3 or 4, or an Xbox One/360. Hahaha suck it PC nerds.

Actually the 360 version does have system requirements. An official Microsoft hard drive is required for an installation (USB storage and third-party drives cannot be used) and the game will only be available on disc on 360, no digital download.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

The Wire is so quaint in how they care about due process and the 4th amendment. I think I'm going to download the no-knock warrant simulator now.

E: I feel like such a battered wife, keep coming back to this franchise that abuses me. But, I've also gotten thousands of hours of enjoyment from bf3 & 4. So gently caress it, I walked into a door by accident officer.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 17, 2015

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

red19fire posted:

E: I feel like such a battered wife, keep coming back to this franchise that abuses me. But, I've also gotten thousands of hours of enjoyment from bf3 & 4. So gently caress it, I walked into a door by accident officer.

are... are we gettin the band back together?? LTA would be even MORE appropriate in a vidja game about being a Copmans.

(but seriously this is Yossarian and between Bloodborne, Helldivers and I guess you fuckheads I'm probably going to finally pick up a Piss4 this week. Maybe)

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't seriously played a battlefield for a long time but I bought this one. I'd like to play with goons PSN: belt983

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
someone buy this for me

Sadmantongue
Sep 4, 2011
I may not actually be on tonight because despite purchasing hardline this morning I'm sitting at 18.76 GB / 44.34.

Dumb.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I guess you can't embed these here:

http://i.imgur.com/g9Lku90.gifv

red19fire
May 26, 2010

spray painting is worth the price of admission, holy poo poo. Can we import bf4 emblems?

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Unlocks in five minutes.

GET READY

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

red19fire posted:

spray painting is worth the price of admission, holy poo poo. Can we import bf4 emblems?

Not only can you, but it imports it by default.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Gonna pick up my copy from Best Buy in the early afternoon. Work is going to take forever tomorrow night.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

gently caress YOU PLANTAINS ARE DELICIOUS!!!!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i went to the cafeteria for lunch today and special was a dominican restaurant or wahtever and they had choices for poo poo and one said plantains but it was just wheat pasta

is that what plantains is... sorry i aint gay

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress my life, 5 more GBs to download. I was hoping that the initial download would give me more than just 5 minutes of game play time.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Ugh yea I forgot about this part, time to make emblems drink and to explain that plantains are like bananas and are delicious super ripe and fried.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Holy poo poo this is bull, Im only at 83% after 3 and a half hours on a 50 Meg pipe. I'm cutting my losses and going to bed and will continue in the AM.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Is that why you guys were sitting in the menu for forever?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

I love the idea of Blood Money, but playing it with pubbies, who treat it(and every game mode) as TDM, I do not love.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I pre-ordered premium the other day (because I'm stupid) and I still can only make 20 layer emblems. What do I need to do to unlock the other 20 layers?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
If someone else can test this out, let me know what you find:

I had an outfit voucher from a battlepack, and used it on the Swat outfits to unlock elite level. I exited the agent menu then went back to it a few minutes later, and my voucher was gone along with the unlocking of the elite outfit. So that's great, anyone else have this happen?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So, if I did the EA Access deal and downloaded the game on Saturday, will I be able to hop right on and play when I get off work today? Does it matter if I buy a physical copy of the game, rather than the digital copy? I figure I already downloaded it, so I'll just buy the digital copy from the Xbox.com store, and be able to play as soon as I get home, correct?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I didn't have to DL anything once I bought the digital copy. You should be fine.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I miss the BF3 Xbox crew. Time to go to Best Buy and buy this probably horrible game. It's going to be great.

OldCaptainLog on Xbone. Please remember, I'm not good at video games. That is all.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So how is the game? I got BF4 on the PS4 and enjoy it quite a bit. Is this basically the same but with cops n robbers? I missed the whole beta thing.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's basically the infantry portion of BF4. If you can live without tanks, you'll like it just fine. I'm having a blast playing it so far.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Cool, I'll pick it up then. I only liked jumping Quads with the horn on constantly.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'll get started soon. I loved BF3 because it was a solid game and a solid platform for me (360) and the goon community was great.

BF4 was a literal garbage fire that I got on release day and it was just God damned awful and unplayable for about two months if not more. It eventually got sorted but by then the little goon 360 community had completely fragmented between Xbone, PS4, and being rightfully God damned fed up with the broken game. I never really got into it. I think I only played to rank fifty or so.

This one, we will see. I'm a clusterfuck at most games (come see the Destiny thread!) but in Battlefield that actually comes in handy. I'm really interested to see how my, "Kind of bad at shooters but really crafty at asshatery" tactics apply to this game.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The counter attack vehicle or whatever it's called might as well be a tank. If you know what you're doing with it, you can easily go on 20+ kill streaks.

Also, I'm pretty impressed with the state of the game so far. I haven't had a single crash, no real bugs to speak of. No lag or any consistency issues... Nothing :dice:worthy yet

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 17, 2015

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

RCarr posted:

Also, I'm pretty impressed with the state of the game so far. I haven't had a single crash, no real bugs to speak of. No lag or any consistency issues... Nothing :dice:worthy yet

It's not even out in Europe yet (I don't know about Oz/NZ) which is probably helping with the servers.

iamthehans
May 1, 2012
Loving this so far but it blows playing alone. add me on ps4 for hotwire fun time PSN hansell

Crimsonking82
Jan 7, 2015
Seriously though Ps4 or Xbone? Picking it up tonight, but not sure which system. Thinking Xbone as it would give me a reason to turn it on.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Any Xbone players want to add me, I'll be on tonight and usually weekends. Tag is Oldmanbernard.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seems like we have at least 10+ Xboners at the moment (including me). Join us Crimson!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I really want to buy this for some reason, just so many burnings.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

whitey delenda est posted:

are... are we gettin the band back together?? LTA would be even MORE appropriate in a vidja game about being a Copmans.

(but seriously this is Yossarian and between Bloodborne, Helldivers and I guess you fuckheads I'm probably going to finally pick up a Piss4 this week. Maybe)

Good job.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
The Deluxe Edition is hiding in my car but I'm stuck at work until midnight. Ughhhh.

So has anyone tried the campaign yet and can confirm if it's as dumb as I think it's going to be? I'm going to play through that first before jumping into multiplayer, but fellow xboners can add me if you need an extra. GT = Moraduke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Charles Martel posted:

The Deluxe Edition is hiding in my car but I'm stuck at work until midnight. Ughhhh.

So has anyone tried the campaign yet and can confirm if it's as dumb as I think it's going to be? I'm going to play through that first before jumping into multiplayer, but fellow xboners can add me if you need an extra. GT = Moraduke.

I have it in my car too. Waiting for the last bit of my training to start so I can ninja out and get an early start.

• Locked thread