Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Charles Martel posted:

The Deluxe Edition is hiding in my car but I'm stuck at work until midnight. Ughhhh.

So has anyone tried the campaign yet and can confirm if it's as dumb as I think it's going to be? I'm going to play through that first before jumping into multiplayer, but fellow xboners can add me if you need an extra. GT = Moraduke.

At least one youtube said you can beat the campaign with the taser pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimsonking82
Jan 7, 2015

RCarr posted:

Seems like we have at least 10+ Xboners at the moment (including me). Join us Crimson!

Dammit....Here we go again Battlefield. I'll be on later tonight hopefully. Add me: Xbone live GT: CrimsonKing82

Crimsonking82 fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 18, 2015

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I daresay the gameplay is finally fun, but god drat the unlock/battlepack system is tedious. As always recon boners plinking tends to ruin the enjoyment, and of course we don't have the almighty UCAV to even the score. Also support class is basically useless now.

However, playing as a hacker is actually interesting finally. You can rack up money pretty quick, and it actually helps the team. The interface is as worthless as ever, and of course pubbies ignore objective commands. Pubbies will never spot anyone, unless you activate the security cameras or run gps scanners.

VV: I would describe it as the Least Broken MP in the battlefield series so far. Your mans can go through a door successfully, at least.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 18, 2015

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.
Is the multiplayer broken like it was in the previous game? Heading out and I may pick up a copy.

Crimsonking82
Jan 7, 2015
Jumped into my first multiplayer match via quick match. Got 1 minute in before the drat game froze. Dammit Battlefield do not do this to me again a third time! This was on the Xbone.
Gamer tag: CrimsonKing82

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
How do you edit your emblem? Do you have to hit up the log website? It's down for me atm.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'll play with you guys later. I'm loving it so far.

Multiplayer - Spawned as a policeman in an armored humvee in a Louisiana swamp blasting Death Grips and killed a bunch of people. Also once saw a bunch of pubbies in a capture point so I drove a motocycle into the kitchen (it was a kitchen) and started blaring the horn until they all ran away.

Single Player - Crashed my Xbone halfway through the opening cinema. Seems legit.

OldCaptainLog is the name. See you guys soon! I've missed those of you I played BF3 with!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Any PS4 players want "exclusive" Gamestop Battlepack codes? My Deluxe Edition included that DLC for some reason.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Sure, i'll take em!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

PM sent.

DINOSARUS
Jul 16, 2006
Another XBoner here if anyone wants to add me. I'm in the UK and only have about 4 hours left on the EA access timer so might not be on much till Friday GT: dinosarus

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I caved and got the game. Added the Xboners that I saw in this thread. Mine is Mr SuCu.

Played one MP match, the gun audio was delayed and choppy using the Engineer's starting SMG. Also what use is an Engineer without as many vehicles :saddowns:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

So the map riptide basically has a rampart in the middle of the map. Impenetrable walls, battlements, 2 entrance LADDERS, the only way to deal with it is to use the grapple and hope there's less than 3 up there. It's like recon boners designed this game. And there's no real obnoxious way to deal with sniper babbies aside from becoming one yourself and hopefully maneuvering into a better position.

I would kill for a SRAW or UCAV in this game.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Chasiubao posted:

I caved and got the game. Added the Xboners that I saw in this thread. Mine is Mr SuCu.

Played one MP match, the gun audio was delayed and choppy using the Engineer's starting SMG. Also what use is an Engineer without as many vehicles :saddowns:

Buy the repair tool and hop into a car with a competent friend in hot wire. Laugh your way to the bank. Money is no issue right now if you play that mode.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Where do I unlock vehicle attachments? My post match report shows me icons like "X guns available to purchase" and things like that, but it also shows what looks like a vehicle attachments icon but I haven't seen anything for them.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Battlelog for sure. I think you can do it from your loadout screen in game as well.

Edit: It's still not showing me as having premium, even though I pre-ordered it. What the heck do I have to do to get it to activate?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 18, 2015

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
So when I played last night I could not kill for poo poo. When I played in the last beta I was loving it and had zero issues but now I can come up behind someone and unload on them and they don't die. Anything network-wise change that anyone knows of? Also I was huge on the DMRs and semi auto rifles from previous games but I heard Battle Rifles are a steaming pile, anyone have anything good to say about them or other recommendations?

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

red19fire posted:

So the map riptide basically has a rampart in the middle of the map. Impenetrable walls, battlements, 2 entrance LADDERS, the only way to deal with it is to use the grapple and hope there's less than 3 up there. It's like recon boners designed this game. And there's no real obnoxious way to deal with sniper babbies aside from becoming one yourself and hopefully maneuvering into a better position.

Tube them from a helicopter.

Or crush them with it, whatever makes you smile.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005
If anyone likes blasting poo poo from the side of the mighty transport heli in hotwire or whatever, hit me up. I love flying that fat bitch for good gunners.

Psn: Majere119

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
PS4 idiot checking in (PSN=givepatajob). Does anyone have a platoon going yet for us folks?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kizurue posted:

So when I played last night I could not kill for poo poo. When I played in the last beta I was loving it and had zero issues but now I can come up behind someone and unload on them and they don't die. Anything network-wise change that anyone knows of? Also I was huge on the DMRs and semi auto rifles from previous games but I heard Battle Rifles are a steaming pile, anyone have anything good to say about them or other recommendations?

It just took me a few hours to get used to how the guns handle. At first I couldn't hit poo poo with them. Now I can reliably take guys out from medium range with any gun. You'll get the hang of it. The starting sniper rifle is stupidly overpowered. I definitely recommend that, even though I pretty much never sniped in any other BF. I went 20-5 with it the first time I picked it up.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

RCarr posted:

It just took me a few hours to get used to how the guns handle. At first I couldn't hit poo poo with them. Now I can reliably take guys out from medium range with any gun. You'll get the hang of it. The starting sniper rifle is stupidly overpowered. I definitely recommend that, even though I pretty much never sniped in any other BF. I went 20-5 with it the first time I picked it up.

I will have to give that a try then, I am decent at tracking targets and leading but the recoil and spread on a lot of these guns is just giving me issues and the few guns I have liked (P90) are specific to teams.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Give Pat a Job posted:

PS4 idiot checking in (PSN=givepatajob). Does anyone have a platoon going yet for us folks?

Not yet I don't think. If you (or anyone else) make one I'll add it to the OP.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Didn't get to play at all last night since it took forever to download. Got about 10 minutes in this morning before work. Played fine, but the kickback on the weapons seems a bit more extreme right now. Maybe it was on BF4 initially too, it's been a while.

Killed some people, got sniped a bunch of times. Looking forward to playing it tonight.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I am having a very difficult time getting a good feel for the guns, but I did have an idiot savant moment where I got a head shot on a driver, with a pistol, from a roof top. Then proceeded to shoot around a person at close range with an assault rifle. So I'm still uh, "adjusting".

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

The Vector K-10 is one of my favorite videogame guns, so I saved up enough last night to buy one. I was gonna use it even if it was terrible, but I was hoping it would at least be moderately good.

:stare:
It is a hot knife, and all criminal scum are now butter.

Also bought the SCAR-H, and I can't hit a drat thing with it. Just about every kill I get involves dumping the entire mag. Either I need some attachments for it, or I need to try it in single-shot mode.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

The starting SMG the Engineer gets had an audio bug for me where the first half to full second of automatic fire had zero audio. It was incredibly jarring. I actually thought it had a suppressor on it.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Chasiubao posted:

The starting SMG the Engineer gets had an audio bug for me where the first half to full second of automatic fire had zero audio. It was incredibly jarring. I actually thought it had a suppressor on it.

It does come with one.

Undead Muppet posted:

The Vector K-10 is one of my favorite videogame guns, so I saved up enough last night to buy one. I was gonna use it even if it was terrible, but I was hoping it would at least be moderately good.

:stare:
It is a hot knife, and all criminal scum are now butter.

It's good enough that it might eat a balance patch on the first pass.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

The Merry Marauder posted:

It does come with one.

But why only the first few rounds? Oh well, game's still fun :)

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.
Picked it up today on ps4. Psn is irlcyberbully

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
Got this on the xbone feel free to add me if you haven't already done so from bf4 gt is the same as my name here

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Not yet I don't think. If you (or anyone else) make one I'll add it to the OP.

Allrighty, I made the platoon...

[TAZE] Dont Taze Me Bro

I am terrible at emblems and at keeping up with anything having to do with leadership. If anyone applies and wants to be a "leader", let me know for a promotion. Otherwise, I will be checking for any requests sporadically. Oh, and if this is console specific, this is PS4. I have no idea.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I can't even see a Join button on the Platoon page. Maybe I'm an idiot.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I sent out friend requests to the ps4 guys on this page. I love breaching charges. I think they fly better than c4 does in bf4.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Fingers McGee posted:

I sent out friend requests to the ps4 guys on this page. I love breaching charges. I think they fly better than c4 does in bf4.

Add me as well if you'd like. My PSN is PrinnyVillage.

I got Zebra camo from a Gold Battlepack. Its not Pink Zebra camo, but it will do for now.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Kizurue posted:

I've noticed this, but only with shotguns. There's like a full second between the hit and the kill. Which is usually enough to get killed by the mans at 0 health.

E: PS4KREW, if you're going to add me (red19fire), i suggest writing GOONS or STAIRS or some variation in the message body, I usually delete FR's from randos.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 18, 2015

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Just added a bunch of Xboners. I had almost forgotten how much fun it is playing with pubbies in Battlefield.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

DELETED posted:

Just added a bunch of Xboners. I had almost forgotten how much fun it is playing with pubbies in Battlefield.

Are you the anime icon lady who is probably from a FF game?

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Nope, I'm JIHADxxxJOE. Probably should have put that in my last post :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sniping is way too easy in this game.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=60BC5095134FFD51%21126

• Locked thread