Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

Gonna get that gold Sedan star.

Shame on your if you don't already have it from playing Hotwire. :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

RCarr posted:

Also timing grenade throws to take out moving cars, which I've managed to do a few times.

If you chuck a frag straight up the whole map dies from its enormous blast radius.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

RCarr posted:

Shame on your if you don't already have it from playing Hotwire. :cheeky:

I've been trying to get the chopper points for gun upgrades, but no one knows how to fly the god drat thing. I mean, I don't either. But you don't see me pretending I can fly it.

EDIT: I'll be on for a while tonight if any Xbox folk want to party down and get double points together.

oldmanbernard

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Mar 26, 2015

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Philthy posted:

I always spot, and it gets me killed so much. I don't know why I do it.

Oh hey, a guy just came out of the room 5 feet away, ill spot him and oh im dead.

That's why you take the guy out in close quarters yourself and save spotting to point out vehicles, snipers, and other enemy targets you see from an unengaugeable range.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Chemmy posted:

If you chuck a frag straight up the whole map dies from its enormous blast radius.

I've seen Chemmy kill a helicopter with an M67 frag so this seems legit.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Speaking of frags, can you "cook" them?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

beedeebee posted:

Speaking of frags, can you "cook" them?

Not in any Battlefield game I've ever played.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The hacker is way more Lowery then commander mode was, let's boost a whole team to level 4 and watch them go to town.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
I figure the games been out long enough to ask this

Is it bad?

After BF4 I just wanted to be sure before even contemplating buying it.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I think I found Dice testing Jedi upgrades in hardline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQI61RdvpsA

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
It shouldn't be 60 dollars but its a pretty good game. Launch was smooth on top of it.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Mtheard1989 if anyone wants to squad up on ps4

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

Applied to [CAWK], how do I find more SA people playing? Is there a platoon with more people in it?

Bruc
May 30, 2006

Cute as heck posted:

Is it bad?

It is a fun game and has no lag and minimal bugs in my experience. It plays a bit differently from other BF games due to not having tanks or jets but cars are fun to drive and some of the new modes are pretty cool, I was kind of on the fence about buying it myself but am happy I did. There are some issues with gun balance though, and you die a bit quicker than you could in BF4 because the guns seem to do more damage.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I just applied for CAWK and CUMPolice (this is an official goon clan right?). spray painting is like a new level of trolling in this stupid game. It's way more fun to not give a poo poo about the score and torment useless snipers all day.

Also :holymoley: Hotwire is like free money, just get in a car and drive in circles. You guys need to jump on this before :dice: 'fixes' it.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

red19fire posted:

I just applied for CAWK and CUMPolice (this is an official goon clan right?). spray painting is like a new level of trolling in this stupid game. It's way more fun to not give a poo poo about the score and torment useless snipers all day.

Also :holymoley: Hotwire is like free money, just get in a car and drive in circles. You guys need to jump on this before :dice: 'fixes' it.

CUMPolice are the PC clan I believe, they are heathen splitters.

Tormenting the snipers is great fun. I particularly like it when they all line up on that bridge in that Everglades map, so you can run them all over. Or shotgun them in turn, because they don't realise those gunshots they hear are the sounds of their teammates dying. Again.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I don't understand why they always stand on top of the semi on that bridge. And stay completely still.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Pork Pie Hat posted:

CUMPolice are the PC clan I believe, they are heathen splitters.

Tormenting the snipers is great fun. I particularly like it when they all line up on that bridge in that Everglades map, so you can run them all over. Or shotgun them in turn, because they don't realise those gunshots they hear are the sounds of their teammates dying. Again.

The Taser is for snipers, not a shotgun.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Cute as heck posted:

Is it bad?

Yah, it's really grown on me. I'm playing it non-stop any moment I get. The cops robbers thing is really great, and the vehicle spam is minimal. The maps are amazing.

Someone pointed out that its only $40 for all platforms over at Amazon right now. Definitely worth that price.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

sbaldrick posted:

The Taser is for snipers, not a shotgun.

Dear god that's brilliant. BRILLIANT I SAY.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Philthy posted:

Someone pointed out that its only $40 for all platforms over at Amazon right now. Definitely worth that price.

It's $40 for the vanilla version and $50 for the deluxe edition. Going to Best Buy tomorrow and am going to try to make a price adjustment happen since the game hasn't even been out two weeks.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Dear god that's brilliant. BRILLIANT I SAY.

The worst part is you can't kill people with the criminals inject it seems.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

sbaldrick posted:

The worst part is you can't kill people with the criminals inject it seems.

I noticed this last night and was very saddened by it. Snuck up on a sniper and just kept injecting him thinking somehow it was missing till I gave up and hit him with a bat.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Hotwire is hilarious. Tearing around the Everglades while my friend leans out the window with an RPG he got from the trunk, blowing up cars with four guys in them.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'll try getting my clips to my pc, but I have some really fun ones. I zip lined to the building in the bottom left of the downtown map during hot wire. It was really high up and by the city bus in the intersection I could see a tiny dot moving around. I haphazardly tossed an incendiary towards it, and watched it sail out of sight. Moments later it exploded right on top of him and I got the kill.

I was so surprised I almost forgot to record it.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Anyone know if it's possible to sell the ps4 gold battlepack code that came with the game? I've got one for 3 packs that I was hoping to get 5 bucks for but I'm not sure if they made it one code per game or something.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Camera coins, anyone know a better way than TDM because gently caress that noise.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

They are like the single most difficult thing to get in the game. I gave up before I even got one.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

So far I have 2 but that is from like 6 rounds of misery playing TDM

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
It's possible to get them in Conquest at certain meatgrindery points (like the motel area on Dust Bowl), but frankly TDM is the best place to grind them. I played just enough of that poo poo-assed mode to get my MAC-10 and then never looked back. I usually hate TDM modes in shooters, but it's extra bad in this game thanks to the overcrowding and horrendous spawn issues it breeds.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
Anyone on tonight? I'm making an rear end out of myself trying to drive cars in hotwire.
Gt: Quabzor

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Beelzebozo posted:

It's possible to get them in Conquest at certain meatgrindery points (like the motel area on Dust Bowl), but frankly TDM is the best place to grind them. I played just enough of that poo poo-assed mode to get my MAC-10 and then never looked back. I usually hate TDM modes in shooters, but it's extra bad in this game thanks to the overcrowding and horrendous spawn issues it breeds.

Hell, I think the maps are too small, period. I refuse to touch Conquest Large because it feels like the map was never intended to hold 64 players.

That's really my only issue with them though. These maps are pretty good, overall.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Smelly posted:

Hell, I think the maps are too small, period. I refuse to touch Conquest Large because it feels like the map was never intended to hold 64 players.

Eh, they're pretty good size wise. In conquest 90% of the people congregate around the 5 flag points. Making the map bigger or smaller doesn't really effect that unless you started adding more capture points.

Spawning has only been an issue in TDM for me. I play conquest large 99% of the time, and since there isn't ridiculous vehicle spam like in BF4, the maps work really really well.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I almost exclusively play Heist and I'm pretty sure the maps in that game mode are smaller versions of normal maps. And I like that size. My favourite map so far is The Block. Always action everywhere :clint:

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

The block is great for heist. I almost managed to win the game for our team with 1 ticket remaining. Taking the case all the way from the vault frantically running and getting stopped a house away from the drop point.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

schreibs posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to sell the ps4 gold battlepack code that came with the game? I've got one for 3 packs that I was hoping to get 5 bucks for but I'm not sure if they made it one code per game or something.

People are selling them on eBay.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The block is no where near as lovely as I expected it to be, mostly because you can blow some poo poo up if you try. Hollywood Heights is the clusterfuck on all the maps with so much blocked off.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I said this was gonna be the first BF I don't buy but then saw it for $54 Cdn with tax and shipping and bought it, lolz. PS4 PSN leidend

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Smelly posted:

That's really my only issue with them though. These maps are pretty good, overall.

The Conquest maps are action packed with 32 players, 64 has to be a clusterfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I feel like 48 players would be a good cap.

• Locked thread