Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

You're just in time for Tick Tock mafia, a time flavoured light's out mafia game for 13 players.

What is Light's Out Mafia?

In light's out each day is a set period of time (72 hours). You can hang as many people as you want during the day, but they will only flip after the deadline has passed. Wait for votefinder to post a hammer and be reset before resuming voting, but conversation may continue (except for the dead person). There is no night phase.

What else is different?

Powers are time based. They can be duration based (e.g. you choose a target and watch them for X hours). They can also be recharge based (e.g. you can kill someone every X hours). The scum's nightkill will be on a 72 hour recharge and will happen when the flips happen.

When submitting an action the time of your PM will be considered when the duration or recharge time starts, not when I respond to it either via PM or in thread. I will tell you when that action will expire and/or when you can use it again. You cannot send actions more than 12 hours in advance of your next available time and you cannot have them start any time before your PM is received, so pay attention to your own personal deadlines for your powers (this includes scum).

Rules
  • No editing posts
  • No posting mod PMs
  • No fake day actions
  • You may talk after hammer, but no new voting until votefinder is reset and no talking if you are dead.
  • New people are welcome, but this is definitely not standard mafia and will probably be a confusing mess. You have been warned
  • Don't lurk! I will hate you.
  • Flavour will be extremely light so as not to bog down the schedule and minimize the times the thread is closed. It will have nothing to do with alignment or role whatsoever.
  • This will very likely be a clusterfuck, I apologize in advance.

Town wincon: You are town and win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Scum wincon: You are scum and win when you control the vote.

3P wincon: ??????

Players
  1. Amnistar
  2. Byers2142
  3. CapitalistPig
  4. Ernie.
  5. EXAKT Science
  6. HiipFire
  7. Kumbamontu
  8. Meinberg
  9. Mornacale
  10. mythadile
  11. Pinterest Mom
  12. Somberbrero
  13. TheRam

Asiina fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah k

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
No idea what this is but sure!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Quote is not edit

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Asiina I want to play tia

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In the spirit of the time flavour, I'll leave signups open for 72 hours and if it doesn't fill up I'll shut it down until another time.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I'm game. But I won't be around this weekend. Going camping.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yes, more Mafia please.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Give me a cool role.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Sorry asiina I actually can't do this right now I'm in too many games and I don't wanna poo poo them up by not participating fully

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
I'll play.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I guess im down

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?
I'll play. I won't be mean to anyone too.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Is there a way for people without PMs to play? I used to play on MafiaScum back in ~the day~ and I've got the itch again, but I don't think I've ever done so on SA so I don't know how y'all roll.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Okay you convinced me

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Mornacale posted:

Is there a way for people without PMs to play? I used to play on MafiaScum back in ~the day~ and I've got the itch again, but I don't think I've ever done so on SA so I don't know how y'all roll.

emails, if our friendly mod is willing to oblige, but it makes things a lot easier to just get the PM's upgrade and commit to enjoying some more mafia here ;)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah just leave me an email address to send stuff to.

That said, with this game in particular where timing matters, I would suggest just biting the bullet and getting PMs. They are very useful. It also gives you the report feature which is fun because we're all awful people.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

right hi hello

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Alright, I'll do this.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mornacale posted:

I don't know you. Hi, new people!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

oh no new people are going to watch me and byers go at it :(

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

oh no new people are going to watch me and byers go at it :(

Already planning to go against me, Ernie? One of these days we're going to have a chill game between the two of us.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Already planning to go against me, Ernie? One of these days we're going to have a chill game between the two of us.

we did

you modded it

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

we did

you modded it

Fair.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay we're full!

I just need an email address from Mornacle. You can also email me if you want it's asiina at gmail dot com.

After I send out role PMs I'll close the game for probably 12-24 hours so that everyone can get a chance to get their first action lined up with the beginning of the game (if they want to). So I imagine this will start tomorrow morning sometime. Unless I wake up late then it'll be tomorrow afternoon.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Seriously, wait one, I'll just buy him platinum.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ok, I've got a platinum upgrade certificate for Mornacale, but I need his e-mail to give it to him I guess. Unless anyone knows a better way to do it?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Mornacale, my e-mail is my username at hotmail.com. Send me an e-mail, I'll give you the cert, you'll get platinum and everyone's life will be easier.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

irony: the game is still waiting on the technology of e-mail

in the mean time let us all play a game of 5 man mafia

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Ernie. posted:

irony: the game is still waiting on the technology of e-mail

in the mean time let us all play a game of 5 man mafia

Sure.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

Ok, I've got a platinum upgrade certificate for Mornacale, but I need his e-mail to give it to him I guess. Unless anyone knows a better way to do it?

you babe

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I have a 5 man setup ready.

Type ##waste of time to play.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Okay I have a 5 man setup ready.

Type ##waste of time to play.

this is why we need a queue, asiina already has another game up that she hasn't started

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TheRam posted:

you babe

Is there a better way? Someone tell me, I thought there was!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

Byers2142 posted:

Is there a better way? Someone tell me, I thought there was!

huh no you're just a nice person

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

##waste of time

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

##waste of time

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

TheRam posted:

huh no you're just a nice person

If I end up scum with him, it's worth the $10.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

this is why we need a queue, asiina already has another game up that she hasn't started

I have too much love to give.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

[b]##waste

• Locked thread