Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Frostwerks posted:

i still hate fighting it. not because im scared but because you're so limited in weapons to shoot it and i hate replaying poo poo

If I remember right, HL Source made that thing a joke because you could see through water and could just unload on that thing with a pistol before entering the water.

The sound it made though is still something I can hear. Like a weird roaring guttaral Pac-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
The sounds and seeing the dark shape speeding towards you in the dark waters...

Although there was one sound it made when hit that was like some big goofy doofus going "owww!!"

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

We Don't Go To Ravenholm still scares me the gently caress out. That level rules.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

TontoCorazon posted:

We Don't Go To Ravenholm still scares me the gently caress out. That level rules.

First time I played that I was on headphones in my brother's dorm room in the middle of the night. I got stuck going in circles in that part where Grigori is like "This is the wrong side of town!" for the better part of an hour. I almost completely ran out of ammo in all my weapons shooting those drat infinitely respawning zombies. Normally HL games don't do that, if there's 5 and you kill 5 you can sit there all day. In that part you are just looking looking looking for a way out while every time you go around a corner there are 2 more of those fuckers. I normally husband my ammo pretty carefully but goddamn if I wasn't dry my smg, pistols, grenades, everything. I felt like I'd barely escaped that area with my life and I was so loving happy when Gregori showed up and let me the gently caress out of there.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
can you beat a ban from a server on steam? not a steam ban but a server one?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Frostwerks posted:

can you beat a ban from a server on steam? not a steam ban but a server one?

I think it depends on how big of a douchebag the admin is.

Why does Father Grigori look like Shel Silverstein?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Wicker Man posted:

I think it depends on how big of a douchebag the admin is.

Why does Father Gregory look like Shel Silverstein?

Well its a russian server and i called him a human being so...

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I like half life and goldsrc

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Has an fps in the 12 years since this video even done half of the cool poo poo shown?

Nope, just reskin last years call of duty to a cops and robbers theme and we'll facemap sarah jessica parker on to a dogs body

have you even played any shooters in the last 12 years? we have crysis, stalkers, metro 2033's, far crys... and tons other cool fuckin shooters like bulletstorm, rage, borderlands. and theres nothing wrong with battlefield

fps genre is as good as ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Skilleddk posted:

have you even played any shooters in the last 12 years? we have crysis, stalkers, metro 2033's, far crys... and tons other cool fuckin shooters like bulletstorm, rage, borderlands. and theres nothing wrong with battlefield

fps genre is as good as ever

noice m8

• Locked thread