Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
bad. 10 nugs for a $1.49 seems like a good deal but they are worse then McD's nugs. hth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

they really are. how do you even make bad chicken nuggets

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
jesus i cant even finish these. welp thats a new learning lesson for today.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!

Blue Train posted:

they really are. how do you even make bad chicken nuggets

by being Burger King

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

why would you buy nugs when chicken strips are available?

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

You need to manage your expectations, they are actually good in a vacuum and on paper.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

Tuxedo Gin posted:

why would you buy nugs when chicken strips are available?

given the quality of the nugs the expectation that the strips would be better seems like a fools errand.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

KennyLoggins posted:

given the quality of the nugs the expectation that the strips would be better seems like a fools errand.

their strips are decent for fast food strips.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Strips are sometimes really bad. Why would you not just buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocer for $4

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

they used to be ok, I remember them having some kind of zesty breading when I was a kid

I tried them for the first time in years a few months ago and they somehow managed to make them more bland than those awful school cafeteria ones

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

Tuxedo Gin posted:

their strips are decent for fast food strips.

McD's chicken selects were good.

ill take your word for it but those nugs were loving bad. not going to Burger KingŪ again for a while. at least the burger and fries were good.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

lmao @ 2/$5 original chicken sandiwiches

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

BossRighteous posted:

Strips are sometimes really bad. Why would you not just buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocer for $4

$8.99 where I live :(

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
RIP chicken fries :smith:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Awesome Welles posted:

they used to be ok, I remember them having some kind of zesty breading when I was a kid

I tried them for the first time in years a few months ago and they somehow managed to make them more bland than those awful school cafeteria ones

people who eat chicken nugs prefer bland, so it was probably a good move

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

Awesome Welles posted:

i know right?

the first nug i was like hmm seems kind of bland then i had another and i was like :wtf: this poo poo isn't even worth being free let alone a $1.49. its like grade z mechanically separated chicken meat they must be using.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Lol if anyone derives any enjoyment from any type of food, just lol.

It all ends up as poo poo and energy...

Welp, off to order $500 worth of Burger King nuggets.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I ate 20 of those before hitting the gym today. They were cheaper than my Powerade lol

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I continually forget that BK exists. Its like they have just accepted the fact that they are a 3rd rate fast food chain and just dont give a gently caress.

I can respect that, actually.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

I couldn't pass up this deal so I gave it a try - the nugs were in the bag and ready to go before I could give the drive thru guy a twoonie and they tasted like a stale butt

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I remember the chicken fries with much fondness.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I couldn't pass up this deal so I gave it a try - the nugs were in the bag and ready to go before I could give the drive thru guy a twoonie and they tasted like a stale butt

:laffo:

fast food nug tier:

Wendys spicy nugs > Wendys nugs > McD nugs > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Burger King nugs.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

KennyLoggins posted:

:laffo:

fast food nug tier:

Wendys spicy nugs > Wendys nugs > McD nugs > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Burger King nugs.

a shameful nug

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
I got a 20 piece McNug or whatever it is when they had the Monopoly promotion so I could get the game pieces and it's legit hard for me to imagine anything worse tasting than those. It was like ground up cardboard.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

BossRighteous posted:

I think a four dollar bird is a thing of the past bud, I dont even think theyre that cheap at costco

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

Whirlwind Jones posted:

I got a 20 piece McNug or whatever it is when they had the Monopoly promotion so I could get the game pieces and it's legit hard for me to imagine anything worse tasting than those. It was like ground up cardboard.

try some BK nugs, only 5 bucks for twenty. stomach discomfort comes free with them.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Haverchuck posted:

I think a four dollar bird is a thing of the past bud, I dont even think theyre that cheap at costco

yeah it''s like $9 at safeway. I could get 60 gross BK nugs for that!

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
smoke nugs everyday

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

imo they're better than nugs you make in the toaster oven

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CHICKEN THUGGET.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
they're really small. almost 500 calories, and only 21g of protein.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

yeah it''s like $9 at safeway. I could get 60 gross BK nugs for that!

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

they have good dipping sauces though, and $1.49 is cheaper than gum so you can't go wrong

pairs well with :420::350::420:

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

the true bk nug experience right here folks...

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

KennyLoggins posted:

McD's chicken selects were good.

picking up a chicken selects meal from mcdonald's on my way home from work used to be the greatest joy in my terrible life.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lol why is that a selling point
Unless they want to market to bulimics I guess?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Quote-Unquote posted:

Lol why is that a selling point
Unless they want to market to bulimics I guess?

as a fat man i can tell you that i can have some staggeringly large dumps. maybe not a 56 nug... but ive done a 20 nug before

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

Business Gorillas posted:

as a fat man i can tell you that i can have some staggeringly large dumps. maybe not a 56 nug... but ive done a 20 nug before

how many nugs do you have to eat to produce a 20 nug dump? what's your nug eaten to nug pooped ratio?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I live within a five minute walk of a burger king and I haven't been in there more than twice in five years

wish it was a Wendy's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

how many nugs do you have to eat to produce a 20 nug dump? what's your nug eaten to nug pooped ratio?

it actually wasn't nugs at all! it was christmas dinner actually. we made beef wellington

• Locked thread