Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Thanks, I was just trying to figure out what to put in there.

Tournament go time??

8pm UTC, 4:00pm EDT, approximately 2.5 hours from this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

PosSibley posted:

Maybe my first win :cheers:

I got my first win in the .12 tournament (geez has it been that long?), I believe in you :3:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
:siren: Ogrecoming Adversity is now a clan you can join. :siren: I am Diplomat on CSZO. Add "# TEAMCAPTAIN Diplomat" to the very top of your 0.16 rcfile and post your Crawl server username in here if you wish to join this bad dumb clan for ogres. If you wish to play something that is not ogres, I guess that's technically fine but you're pretty much totally lame and everyone will probably judge you for not being a giant masochistic wall of misery like the rest of us. Terrible stupid suicidal gimmick ogres are especially encouraged! Go ahead and make that awful short blades stealth ogre you've been thinking about! If I can win a fistfighting ogre that I started and played while mostly drunk as gently caress, you can probably win anything!! (no you can't ogres are terrible we're going to die a whole lot)

Again: add # TEAMCAPTAIN Diplomat to the top of your 0.16 rcfile and then post your Crawl server username in here and yell at me to put you in the bad team for bad people playing a bad species. Everyone is welcome because this is going to be a clusterfuck anyway so what the hell, no pressure.

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 13, 2015

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Angry Diplomat posted:

:siren: Ogrecoming Adversity is now a clan you can join. :siren: I am Diplomat on CSZO. Add "# TEAMCAPTAIN Diplomat" to the very top of your 0.16 rcfile and post your Crawl server username in here if you wish to join this bad dumb clan for ogres. If you wish to play something that is not ogres, I guess that's technically fine but you're pretty much totally lame and everyone will probably judge you for not being a giant masochistic wall of misery like the rest of us. Terrible stupid suicidal gimmick ogres are especially encouraged! Go ahead and make that awful short blades stealth ogre you've been thinking about! If I can win a fistfighting ogre that I started and played while mostly drunk as gently caress, you can probably win anything!! (no you can't ogres are terrible we're going to die a whole lot)

Again: add # TEAMCAPTAIN Diplomat to the top of your 0.16 rcfile and then post your Crawl server username in here and yell at me to put you in the bad team for bad people playing a bad species. Everyone is welcome because this is going to be a clusterfuck anyway so what the hell, no pressure.

Screw it, the streak will continue.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Ogrecoming Adversity
----------------------------
1. Diplomat
2. MrDespairSA
3. Pitch
4. Chris7

Angry Diplomat fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 13, 2015

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Of COURSE I get a HOMo to her first rune hours before the tournament starts, with stupendously enticing things in a shop (a collection of Necromancy books and a Manual of Necromancy in the same place on Orc:3). Now I have to decide if I want to scrap her and keep playing on CSZO or jump ship to another server for the next 10 days. I wish you could keep multiple saves on the same server like you can when playing locally.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
After an embarrassing amount of years, I've finally beaten the game! Here's my morgue. I've been messing around with other classes/races for a long time, so of course as soon as I go back to the easy noob one I win. :saddowns:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

packetmantis posted:

After an embarrassing amount of years, I've finally beaten the game! Here's my morgue. I've been messing around with other classes/races for a long time, so of course as soon as I go back to the easy noob one I win. :saddowns:

That crystal plate armor is the most desirable piece of gear I have ever seen and you WASTED IT ON A MiBe

Prancing Shoes
Jul 8, 2008

Ugly John posted:

So, what's everybody's goals for this tournament?

I'm hoping for a 15-runer, and more than one win this time.

I think I got two wins last tournament, or at least one, so I'll be happy if I can beat my personal best this tournament.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
Server came down. Server went back up. Been getting this for 10 minutes now.

Is this a panicking kinda situation?

Edit: Fixed itself!

Maxmaps fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 13, 2015

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
Apologies to kickascii but I'm gonna swap from Drop It Like It's Zot to Ogrecoming Adversity. The temptation to splat another two dozen fatties this year is just too ogrewhelming. I managed three runes last tournament, maybe this time I can actually make it out with them.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

I Love You! posted:

That crystal plate armor is the most desirable piece of gear I have ever seen and you WASTED IT ON A MiBe

:getin:

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Colour posted:

Sientara it looks like you still need to add #TEAMCAPTAIN switch971 to your rc file. Everyone else should be good to go.

I had Fhqwhgads in the 6 spot but it looks like he just joined Drop it like it's Zot, so assuming that is the case we will have one spot open to whoever wants it.

I'd like to join this team if you've still got an open spot.

Edit: Crawlname: Lorrdernie on s-z

The ideology eater fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 13, 2015

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Pitch posted:

Apologies to kickascii but I'm gonna swap from Drop It Like It's Zot to Ogrecoming Adversity. The temptation to splat another two dozen fatties this year is just too ogrewhelming. I managed three runes last tournament, maybe this time I can actually make it out with them.

Ogre supremacy

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

LorrdErnie posted:

With apologies to raskol and All About Abyss No Temple - as well as my sanity - the fact that the old team is getting back together has ogrewhelmed my good sensibilities. Yeah, count me in, let's do this.

(crawl name is Chris7)

e: man, now all we need is Foxfire and the whole ogregang is back together

Social Studies 3rd Period fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 13, 2015

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Pitch and Chris7 have crossed ogre to our side! There are only two slots left in Ogrecoming Adversity now, so if you wish to join, don't ogrethink it! If you hesitate ogrelong, you'll miss your opportunity and have to wait ogre on the boring sidelines with the jerks who play Actually Good species. All of your accomplishments will be ogreshadowed and you will be ogrecome with shame.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
I promise to win at least one Ogre, but I'd prefer to play other things as well.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Heteroy posted:

I promise to win at least one Ogre, but I'd prefer to play other things as well.

You may join if you like, but we will all silently judge you for playing non-ogres. However, if you successfully win an ogre, you will be showered with accolades, though I cannot promise that we will not silently judge you while we loudly praise you. Please play ogres a decent amount though, we do have a theme going here

If you fail to post an ogre tournament win despite your promise, we will judge you loudly instead of silently. This does not apply if you had a change of heart and embraced adversity by almost entirely playing ogres; we will all be siblings in failure.

What's your Crawl username?

Prancing Shoes
Jul 8, 2008

LorrdErnie posted:

Edit: Crawlname: Lorrdernie on s-z

All full up at the moment, sorry. Fhqwhgads has reclaimed his spot on the team. I'll give Sientara a day or so to fix his rc file before trying to get someone else to fill that spot.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

That means that All About Abyss - No Temple has an opening! Still hoping for more people from previous Abyss teams! Or at least someone to hang out with in IRC now that Chris7 has ogreturned his loyalty.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker

Angry Diplomat posted:

You may join if you like, but we will all silently judge you for playing non-ogres. However, if you successfully win an ogre, you will be showered with accolades, though I cannot promise that we will not silently judge you while we loudly praise you. Please play ogres a decent amount though, we do have a theme going here

If you fail to post an ogre tournament win despite your promise, we will judge you loudly instead of silently. This does not apply if you had a change of heart and embraced adversity by almost entirely playing ogres; we will all be siblings in failure.

What's your Crawl username?

Okay. Two ogres.

heteroy.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Gay Abortions posted:

Of COURSE I get a HOMo to her first rune hours before the tournament starts, with stupendously enticing things in a shop (a collection of Necromancy books and a Manual of Necromancy in the same place on Orc:3). Now I have to decide if I want to scrap her and keep playing on CSZO or jump ship to another server for the next 10 days. I wish you could keep multiple saves on the same server like you can when playing locally.

CBRO welcomes you

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Tournament starts in ~25min but there's still a week to get teams sorted out and finalized.

It looks like the tournament script (which runs on CSZO but publishes to CDO??) is just as inconsistent with case-sensitive treatment as CAO's normal scoreboard because it preserves capitalization in team names but the converts player names to all-lowercase. And the "names can't contain anything except numbers/letters/hyphen/underscore" rule is actually false because it keeps spaces but strips punctuation.

...and legoman727 isn't showing up, so TEAMCAPTAIN probably needs to be in allcaps. It was my mistake saying to copypaste as lowercase.

Also, since MrDespairSA and wya changed their minds and dropped out (totally okay) that leaves team Indecisive Slackers with two openings, if anyone is up for it.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
0.16 is out! With half an hour to spare...

Currently Windows & Linux binaries are available; OS X and Android binaries should hopefully be out shortly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Was there ever a spider themed God in the works? I could have sworn a year or two ago I heard something about that, I'm assuming if it did exist it got scrapped though.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Ix is the god you're thinking of.

We - we don't talk about Ix.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Gonna try and stream most of my games with commentary this time around. Initial speedrun will be in console but I'll be switching to tiles after that. Live in 5.

http://www.twitch.tv/lessens

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Angry Diplomat: Doubt ill be ogrecoming anything at all but sign me up for the Ogres maybe!

name is braks

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Oh crud, Goons!

Last thread I agreed to join a team, what exactly do I place in my 0.16 .rc to be "a part of the team"?

Is it literally just "# TEAMCAPTAIN wya"?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

megane posted:

Ix is the god you're thinking of.

We - we don't talk about Ix.

Yikes.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
The tournament is on, but I won't be able to play for a few hours, best of luck everybody, you have 15 days, 23 hours, 58 minutes and 43 seconds to rack up the highest score and win eternal praise and recognition like the winner of the last tournament... uh.... some guy!

eyebrow
Aug 17, 2008

Poulpe posted:

Oh crud, Goons!

Last thread I agreed to join a team, what exactly do I place in my 0.16 .rc to be "a part of the team"?

Is it literally just "# TEAMCAPTAIN wya"?

Yup, just make sure it's at the top of the rcfile.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
New site is up!

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

BTW If you have 'tile_player_tile=playermons' on and you play Ogres, it switches your sprite between A vanilla Ogre and an Ogre-mage, depending on your highest skill. For some reason i think that's really fun and cool and i wish more races had this feature.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

This is neat!

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
In "that would have been really good during the tournament" news, I just won my pending game in well under three hours! Only my third win, too! :toot:

It was a game of "Here have all the amazing unrands you could ever want!"
Time to actually play the tournament and not even see a win!

Sientara
May 27, 2012

Colour posted:

Sientara it looks like you still need to add #TEAMCAPTAIN switch971 to your rc file. Everyone else should be good to go.

I had Fhqwhgads in the 6 spot but it looks like he just joined Drop it like it's Zot, so assuming that is the case we will have one spot open to whoever wants it.

It's been added.

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.

quote:

B - 3 mutagenic chunks of flesh
This meat tastes really weird!
_Your wings grow larger and stronger!
This meat tastes really butt!
_Your skin butts as natural camouflage!
This meat tastes really weird!
_You feel robust!

The purple is strong today. Always eat the purple.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Angry Diplomat posted:

Ogrecoming Adversity
----------------------------
1. Diplomat
2. MrDespairSA
3. Pitch
4. Chris7
5. heteroy :siren: has promised an ogre win :siren:
6. braks

Ogrecoming Adversity is all full up! Further ogres must ogreflow into other teams. I recommend founding Maximum Ogredrive and recruiting more fatties if you want to join OA but are too late!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
crossposting: congrats to Thug Lessons for the first win of the tournament!

• Locked thread