Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Angry Diplomat posted:

Ogrecoming Adversity is all full up! Further ogres must ogreflow into other teams. I recommend founding Maximum Ogredrive and recruiting more fatties if you want to join OA but are too late!

Nice thanks ill make u proud

PleasingFungus posted:

crossposting: congrats to Thug Lessons for the first win of the tournament!

:monocle: nice goongratz lessens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
this is cute as heck

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Humans Among Us posted:

Nice thanks ill make u proud

Don't forget to add me as teamcaptain :)

PleasingFungus posted:

poo poo, that was fast. Congrats Thug Lessons!

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

PleasingFungus posted:

Thug Lessons has no chill :stonk:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
First game of the tourny, I drink a mutation potion immediately and get SeeInvis, rPois, and rF+ :v:

All this at xl 6

e: I'm a lucky piece of poo poo and this game is gonna carry me

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 13, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
drat that's a crazy time, did you have any scripting in there? Pretty close to an unassisted world record if not.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I get a DsCK through Lair:8 then Xom gives me Teleportitis 3 and Shout 3, which results in me randomly teleporting every ~20 turns and shouting at whatever pack of horrible poo poo I teleport into before being whisked away to another part of the dungeon

I met my end when I teleported two steps away from Rupert, a Komodo Dragon, and a Hill Giant then screamed in his face; he proceeded to paralyze me then wail on me for several turns, before I randomly teleported again 3 tiles from Sonja, who I ALSO screamed at while she filled me with curare.

Live by the Xom, die by the Xom.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Ok i noticed that the tournament site mentions you should change your RC file on crawl.s-z.org/ CSZO tiles to get the team stuff acknowledged ( if you dont want to wait 4 hours for it to trigger, like me)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PleasingFungus posted:

7777 | D:7 | Noticed Menkaure

Jackpot. :v:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
The +1 cloak of Almost... Almost. :qq:

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Poulpe posted:

The +1 cloak of Almost... Almost. :qq:

This just keeps happening and it's loving awful and dumb. item-ruining properties spawn on randarts WAY too often and I'm mad and salty about it.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i made it to lair with a mifi of oka on the first try. i chose that combo because im not used to playing online and i just want to start with a cheap 3 runer

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Isn't Ru supposed to tell you what magic school you are gonna lose when you sacrifice arcana? I thought he did but when I sacrificed arcana it went straight to taking away my spells. Which sucked pretty hard since I lost charms.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

LogicNinja posted:

This just keeps happening and it's loving awful and dumb. item-ruining properties spawn on randarts WAY too often and I'm mad and salty about it.
I think it's cool actually. It means they're interesting tradeoffs more often, rC- is something to build around.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

I think it's cool actually. It means they're interesting tradeoffs more often, rC- is something to build around.

:agreed:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
also not something that's anywhere near as hard to build around as like, MR-

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Isn't Ru supposed to tell you what magic school you are gonna lose when you sacrifice arcana? I thought he did but when I sacrificed arcana it went straight to taking away my spells. Which sucked pretty hard since I lost charms.

Ya he should tell you before the Are you sure you want to make this sacrifice. Also if you turn it down and Ru rolls for arcana again it'll be the same spellschools that you turned down earlier iirc.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Suddenly won't stop getting "The Websocket connection was closed. Reload to try again." on s-z anyone else having that issue?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
<Sizzell> Brannock the Sorcerer (L27 MiWz), worshipper of Cheibriados, escaped with the Orb and 4 runes, with 2721514 points after 57233 turns and 2:08:38.
<Sequell> brannock is a greaterminotaur!
<Sequell> brannock is a greaterplayer!

I'm sliiiiightly salty about this game since I lost my first MiWz to banishment (with a MR+++ shield in inventory that I was holding off on using since it had rF-; but I was in Spider and had no fear of fire) which would have easily been one of the first 3 to finish for the 0.16 tournament. But it's good to finally get that out of the way! And, for now, I hold the top score.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Humans Among Us posted:

Ya he should tell you before the Are you sure you want to make this sacrifice. Also if you turn it down and Ru rolls for arcana again it'll be the same spellschools that you turned down earlier iirc.

Well he didn't so I guess there must be some display bugs with Ru still.

EDIT: And now the online tiles in Firefox look hosed up. I don't even remember how to fix that.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 14, 2015

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Janissary Hop posted:

Suddenly won't stop getting "The Websocket connection was closed. Reload to try again." on s-z anyone else having that issue?

Ya had it an hour ago when I tried to alter the RC

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

LogicNinja posted:

rC- isn't anywhere near item-ruining.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

code:
You finish putting on the +0 cloak "Kluthil" {rF+++}
I dunno, artifact code seems fine to me!

Also, managed to get 3rd victory!

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Brannock posted:

rC- isn't anywhere near item-ruining.

It is if you have no other source of rC. Besides, this one's rC-, the other one's rF-, another is MR-, etc etc. It means you have to either do a lot of fiddly swapping or not use otherwise good items because they'll make you too vulnerable. I get that it's meant to be interesting tradeoffs but it really hasn't been working out that way.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
If you've been unlucky enough to find no ring of protection from cold, ring of ice, or any rC+ ego armor, you have bigger problems than one smei-unfortunate randart

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Is anybody else getting this on CZSO now? Should I just start over on CBRO?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Ali Aces posted:

Is anybody else getting this on CZSO now? Should I just start over on CBRO?

I fixed it when it happened to me by closing my browser and reopening it.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

uhm

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

quote:

Killed from afar by a green draconian knight (85 damage)
And this is why we don't wander around with negative resistances, ever :shepface:

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Floodkiller posted:

I fixed it when it happened to me by closing my browser and reopening it.

Seems to be working now, but at the time I had tried from 3 different machines, including one in a different location. I'unno.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
First game in the tourney and my MiBe was gifted an antimagic exe axe almost immediately. I readID'd a scroll of brand weapon and it's now freezing. If I'm just going for a 3-runer, is freezing the best brand or should I try to get AM again? (yes this is hubris since I got plate mail and an exe axe before lair).

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

I think D is the only branch that can have multiple entrances, although unless multiples are specified by the arrival vault you only get one. Note: I have often been wrong about things.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fhqwhgads posted:

First game in the tourney and my MiBe was gifted an antimagic exe axe almost immediately. I readID'd a scroll of brand weapon and it's now freezing. If I'm just going for a 3-runer, is freezing the best brand or should I try to get AM again? (yes this is hubris since I got plate mail and an exe axe before lair).

Freezing will cut through orbs of fire, and executioner's axes already have such staggeringly high base damage that you'll be killing liches and casters in a few turns at most. Either would have been fine, really. If you can make it to Zot then you don't have much to worry about -- just getting to Zot is the hard part. I prefer freezing over antimagic because I like having a mana pool.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say yeah, it's the best brand.

Prancing Shoes
Jul 8, 2008

Sientara posted:

It's been added.

Weird, I still don't see you on the team page here. I think it has to be the very first line in the rc file. Besides that, check spelling I guess?

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
Orc 4 Labyrinth, Ice Cave, Fire Cave.... aaaah

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

drat that's a crazy time, did you have any scripting in there? Pretty close to an unassisted world record if not.

Nah, the only script was an (apparently non-functioning) script to pickup boots/gloves/helm/cloak. It's a legit RTA and I'm pretty happy with it, beat my previous PB by nearly an hour. Non-scripted WR is like 56 minutes though.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Skittles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Thug Lessons posted:

Nah, the only script was an (apparently non-functioning) script to pickup boots/gloves/helm/cloak. It's a legit RTA and I'm pretty happy with it, beat my previous PB by nearly an hour. Non-scripted WR is like 56 minutes though.

Oh I guess the fastest runs are probably offline, I didn't take that into account.

• Locked thread