Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
The very first game I started this tournament, and I 15-runed.
code:
12327584 Shard1697 the Demonic Ballista (level 27, 300/300 HPs)
             Began as a Demonspawn Skald on Mar 13, 2015.
             Was the Champion of Okawaru.
             Escaped with the Orb
             ... and 15 runes on Mar 14, 2015!

The game lasted 07:05:38 (132373 turns).

Shard1697 the Demonic Ballista (Demonspawn Skald) Turns: 132373, Time: 07:05:38

Health: 300/300    AC: 43    Str: 22    XL:     27
Magic:  45/45      EV: 31    Int: 22    God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   13676      SH:  0    Dex: 20    Spells: 8 memorised, 28 levels left

rFire  + . .     SeeInvis +     a - +9 bardiche (freeze)
rCold  + . .     Clarity  .     q - +6 pearl dragon armour
rNeg   + + .     SustAb   .     (no shield)
rPois  +         Gourm    .     d - +2 helmet of Okawaru {rPois}
rElec  +         Spirit   .     s - +4 dragonskin cloak
rCorr  .         Warding  .     (gloves unavailable)
rMut   +         Stasis   .     B - +0 pair of boots {run} (curse)
MR     +++..                    y - amulet of resist mutation
Stlth  ++........               J - ring of the Ten Suns {rElec MR+ Str+2 Int+3}
                                P - ring "Hano" {rC+ rN+ Str+7}

@: deflect missiles, quick, extremely resistant to hostile enchantments,
unstealthy
A: claws 3, thin metallic scales 3, see invisible, fire resistance 1, ignite
blood, robust 3, spiny 3, flame cloud immunity
a: Heroism, Finesse, Renounce Religion
0: Orb of Zot
}: 15/15 runes: serpentine, barnacled, slimy, silver, golden, iron, obsidian,
icy, bone, abyssal, demonic, glowing, magical, fiery, dark

It won't last, but I'm happy with it all the same.

Now I'm gonna finally sleep after doing this for the past 7 hours

LazyMaybe fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

Ye finish puttin' on tha -6 helmet o' Hedgin' {rElec rC- Dex+10}
D9 acquirement is a cruel mistress. :negative:

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Feature requests:

1) If you're about to change form, like say into a bat, the game calculates what your stats will be after your equipment melds to determine whether to warn you that it'll reduce a stat to zero or not

2) Instead of -5 str +5 dex, bat form just sets your strength to 1 and channels the balance into your dexterity after all other effects

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Maxmaps posted:

Is electrocution the best demon whip brand? Found a flaming and a slashing one as well.
It's actually antimagic, but electrocution is good, too.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Ferrinus posted:

Feature requests:

1) If you're about to change form, like say into a bat, the game calculates what your stats will be after your equipment melds to determine whether to warn you that it'll reduce a stat to zero or not

2) Instead of -5 str +5 dex, bat form just sets your strength to 1 and channels the balance into your dexterity after all other effects

1) there's a patch that claims to do this, but it also does a bunch of other stuff that it really shouldn't - we're going to have to untangle it once the tournament is over.

2) something like this might be nice (though getting the ordering right could be tricky...)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

PleasingFungus posted:

1) there's a patch that claims to do this, but it also does a bunch of other stuff that it really shouldn't - we're going to have to untangle it once the tournament is over.

2) something like this might be nice (though getting the ordering right could be tricky...)

Also please let vampires use transmutations unrestricted and give me a spell to turn into a giant bat monster :pray:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Hey, Silentsnack, can you make sure everyone on the team is on your rc file? I just checked the tourney page and I'm not there and I want to start losing dudes.

EDIT: 1 TALISMASHER 30152 48082360 DDBe 2:53:35 the Shining One 15 2015-03-14 01:05:37

How in the gently caress did he 15 rune that quickly what the hell.

EDIT EDIT: Fixed that, SS, forgot to put TEAMCAPTAIN in all caps

legoman727 fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Mar 14, 2015

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

legoman727 posted:

Hey, Silentsnack, can you make sure everyone on the team is on your rc file? I just checked the tourney page and I'm not there and I want to start losing dudes.

EDIT: 1 TALISMASHER 30152 48082360 DDBe 2:53:35 the Shining One 15 2015-03-14 01:05:37

How in the gently caress did he 15 rune that quickly what the hell.
The only thing that matters is the rcfile as of the deadline at 21 March 19:00UTC. Whatever your team is then is the team all of your games are attributed to, even if your rcfile changes six times a day or you aren't added to a team until the last minute.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

y - the +2 cloak of Neuclic (worn) {rElec MR+ Regen+ rCorr Dex+2}.

Gosh ok.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010
Any tourney teams still looking for a person? I've been in the exciting world of Angband and its offspring for a while now, would be nice to come back to Crawl see if I can pull off a winner for the tournament.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
O - the +6 triple crossbow of Innocence {speed, rF+}

...I'm tempted. Not worth it at all, I'm already in vaults and should just get my exec axe down to mindelay, but goddamn.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Hoo boy, playing a -1 aptitude race after 24 Minotaurs is a wakeup call.

Starkwheat
Feb 27, 2012
10 potions of mutation, 4 potions of beneficial mutation and 6 potions of cure mutation lie in the bottom of my bag. Not a single negative mutation from abandoning Jiyva.

code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.16.0-2-gb487679 (webtiles) character file.

Starve the Warrior (Demonspawn Skald)              Turns: 39017, Time: 03:49:15

Health: 168/168    AC: 30    Str: 20    XL:     20   Next: 2%
Magic:  36/36      EV: 16    Int: 27    God:    Kikubaaqudgha [******]
Gold:   1611       SH: 11    Dex: 24    Spells: 8 memorised, 14 levels left

rFire  + + .     SeeInvis .     m - +2 eveningstar "Ihawug" {crush, MR+ Int+4}
rCold  + + .     Clarity  .     a - +2 chain mail "Waprudel" {rElec Str+4 Dex+4}
rNeg   . . .     SustAb   .     i - +3 buckler "Rouneph" {Int+5}
rPois  +         Gourm    .     (helmet unavailable)
rElec  +         Spirit   +     A - +2 cloak
rCorr  .         Warding  .     L - +2 pair of gloves
rMut   .         Stasis   .     u - +2 pair of boots
MR     +++..                    V - amulet of guardian spirit
Stlth  +.........               P - ring "Weub" {+Blink rF+ rC+ Str+3 Stlth+}
                                y - ring of Matalait {rPois Str+3}

@: extremely resistant to hostile enchantments, very unstealthy
A: claws 2, horns 3, icy blue scales 3, blink 1, breathe flames 1, fire
resistance 1, ignite blood, magic resistance 1, mutation resistance 1, powered
by death 3, shaggy fur 1, wild magic 2, acidic bite, eyeballs 1, gelatinous body
2, translucent skin 2, augmentation 1, jelly sensing items, flame cloud immunity
a: Blink, Receive Corpses, Torment, Renounce Religion, Breathe Fire, Evoke Blink
}: 2/15 runes: slimy, gossamer

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

O - the +6 triple crossbow of Innocence {speed, rF+}

...I'm tempted. Not worth it at all, I'm already in vaults and should just get my exec axe down to mindelay, but goddamn.

Definitely worth it. Vaults is not the end and you'll have a ton of extra experience coming down the line. That Triple Crossbow would probably outdamage your executioner axe.

I mean, it's even Speed branded so it's about as easy to use as a normal crossbow. Go for it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Definitely worth it. Vaults is not the end and you'll have a ton of extra experience coming down the line. That Triple Crossbow would probably outdamage your executioner axe.

I mean, it's even Speed branded so it's about as easy to use as a normal crossbow. Go for it.

Too late, didn't do it. I don't actually know if the speed brand affects how fast you reach mindelay, or if the 2/3 is applied after the skill calculation. I didn't need it and figured I was better off getting more defenses. It certainly would outdamage an exec axe at mindelay with full LOS range but the opportunity cost is pretty serious. Nonetheless, got a win for Hellfire can't melt Steel Golems, that's two on the board. DDBe is so easy, didn't have to use recharge devices once.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Mar 14, 2015

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I have to say I really approve of a lot of those new Elf:3 layouts. A bunch of them seem specifically set up to prevent killholes, without just arbitrarily giving the entire level stonewalls or Dig to deep elven sorcerers. Sometimes you'll be able to do it, other times you have to approach it differently. I think a lot of players don't fully appreciate how layouts and vaults can change how you approach challenges.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Nonetheless, got a win for Hellfire can't melt Steel Golems, that's two on the board.

Make that three!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm getting there too, I'm not sure if I should try and go for Vow of Courage 3 or just head for Zot now.

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Aston/Aston.txt

E: I'm probably going for Slime and Vaults runes anyway, but Tomb is....well, it's Tomb.

Aston fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 14, 2015

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

For a heavy armor wearing dude, is it worth quaffing cure mutation to get rid of deformed body when I have t2 molten scales, robust, passive mapping and talons 1?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Aston posted:

I'm getting there too, I'm not sure if I should try and go for Vow of Courage 3 or just head for Zot now.

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Aston/Aston.txt

E: I'm probably going for Slime and Vaults runes anyway, but Tomb is....well, it's Tomb.

Invest in some Dodging, friend. It'll take all of one Vaults floor to get that Dodging up from 1.5 to 10 and you'll get 3-5 EV out of it.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Pshh, dodging is for weaklings. I block attacks with my face!

But just to keep you happy I'll make a small investment.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Thanks for littering the dungeon with ogre ghosts you guys.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

XL7, just found an XP potion. I could crank stealth up to 18. Dare I?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Should be four but I splatted in vaults :(

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Too late, didn't do it. I don't actually know if the speed brand affects how fast you reach mindelay, or if the 2/3 is applied after the skill calculation.

It's the latter, for future.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Thanks for littering the dungeon with ogre ghosts you guys.

Man, team ogrecoming has nearly a 5% win rate so far, we're surviving like never before!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
PleasingFungus, would it be possible for a warning to be made before reading a scroll if you're affected by Slow Reading mutation, much like what has been done with Manticore barbs? My DsMo game splat in Tomb:2 may have been partially the fault of that. And at the speed I play I also accidentally cancelled out of the uncontrolled blink warning afterward, so I was basically stuck in the situation surrounded by emperor scorpion summons with a mere ~10 HP.

I may have actually gotten out of that situation alive if I had drunk a cure potion at any point from my retreat to bring my HP up above a single smite's damage. Invisibility is great when the summons can't see that! Unfortunately I was fixated on the fact that I was completely out of heal wounds and the inevitable happened.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I found rF- gloves... and I'm wearing them. :black101:

code:
 z - the +1 pair of gloves of Strumahot (worn) {rElec rF- Str+4 Slay+2}
   (You found it on level 3 of the Swamp)
(Having rF+ innate mutation helps!)

Sage Grimm posted:

PleasingFungus, would it be possible for a warning to be made before reading a scroll if you're affected by Slow Reading mutation, much like what has been done with Manticore barbs?

I could have sworn this was previously added. What happened to that?

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!
Haven't worshiped Yred since I won a HODK (which I think was last tournament). I forgot just how ridiculous he is in the early game, especially with Faith. Sure, I'll take a second Bone Dragon to help me clear Orc.

E: Also, thanks Spectral Rupert, I will be careful.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I have a pretty powerful (for three runes) MiBe ready to tackle Zot, except there is no rMut to be found anywhere. I want my first ever tourney win, but is it suicidal to try for the rune without it?

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Fhqwhgads/Fhqwhgads.txt

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fhqwhgads posted:

I have a pretty powerful (for three runes) MiBe ready to tackle Zot, except there is no rMut to be found anywhere. I want my first ever tourney win, but is it suicidal to try for the rune without it?

http://dobrazupa.org/morgue/Fhqwhgads/Fhqwhgads.txt

You have a potion of cure mutation. Just pop that if you get a serious malmut. rMut is nice, but hardly mandatory (especially since you're on the precipice of winning and any long-term strategical mutations shouldn't matter at this point).

With a freeze exeaxe, 266 HP, rF++, and 54/16 defenses you should be okay against OoFs. Use scrolls of fog as necessary to bring them to you, if you see them out in the open.

Frankly I'd be more concerned about ancient liches than orbs with your low EV and zero SH. Fortunately Trog's Hand should provide you with sufficient MR against any nasty ailments. Take Zot carefully and meticulously and you should be fine.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Brannock posted:

You have a potion of cure mutation. Just pop that if you get a serious malmut. rMut is nice, but hardly mandatory (especially since you're on the precipice of winning and any long-term strategical mutations shouldn't matter at this point).

With a freeze exeaxe, 266 HP, rF++, and 54/16 defenses you should be okay against OoFs. Use scrolls of fog as necessary to bring them to you, if you see them out in the open.

Frankly I'd be more concerned about ancient liches than orbs with your low EV and zero SH. Fortunately Trog's Hand should provide you with sufficient MR against any nasty ailments. Take Zot carefully and meticulously and you should be fine.

Good call on the Trog's Hand. That's one spell I keep forgetting I have, but my MR isn't that great so I should really remember to use it more down there. I just found out that if an OoF gives you a mutation that's purely stat based, SustAb negates the mutation? I just fought one and it gave me the "You feel clumsy" mutation, but nothing happened, I guess because my Dex can't be drained?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Brannock posted:

I could have sworn this was previously added. What happened to that?
It only seems to interrupt if you have Blurry 2 or above, and even then it lets a turn of reading go by before asking. (I think it's a turn anyway, been a while since I had blurry 2)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

You are a crawl playing machine.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

I stumbled onto the Azkaban vault in crypt! This thing is cool.

Also I got Firestarter in an ice cave.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Fhqwhgads posted:

Good call on the Trog's Hand. That's one spell I keep forgetting I have, but my MR isn't that great so I should really remember to use it more down there. I just found out that if an OoF gives you a mutation that's purely stat based, SustAb negates the mutation? I just fought one and it gave me the "You feel clumsy" mutation, but nothing happened, I guess because my Dex can't be drained?

Nah your dex went down. It doesn't show as reduced like draining, it is just your new dex, and it will be on the A screen. Only thing that resists malmutate is rMut.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
<Sizzell> Brannock the Merfolkian Barricade (L27 MfFi), worshipper of Cheibriados, escaped with the Orb and 5 runes, with 3449773 points after 64576 turns and 2:32:05.
<Sequell> Brannock has 3 consecutive wins (MiWz, DsGl, MfFi), and can keep going!

At this point playing Chei almost feels like cheating to me. I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the community to get two separate three-streaks with Chei.

I'm going to go outside now and take a nice long walk in this fantastic weather we've been having lately in the Great Lakes area.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Haha nice, Chei is the best

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

A nice, slow, walk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
_Something appears at your feet!
_q - a hat

A hat. A +0 hat of nothing. When I was already wearing a hat.

I'm pretty sure the acquirement code is just loving with us at this point.

• Locked thread