Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Car leasing is so stupid.

You're throwing money away. When the lease is up...you don't even have a car to show for it!

I'm gonna drive my 1996 Ford Taurus into the ground, I'll tell you what. The transmission just went - should only cost about $4000 to fix. I already replaced it once. The brakes are due again, they keep slipping when I try to stop. Gotta buy snow tires again this year since I don't have that newfangled anti-lock brake poo poo. Only had to spend $1000 this year to fix the muffler and get it to pass inspection!

Car leasing is so expensive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
:firstpost:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
wow, that's a post

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This guy gets what I mean

http://www.slayerment.com/new-cars-are-poor-people

quote:

People with new cars aren't fooling anybody: they're making payments and they're poor. I just can't seem to comprehend why people think it is so important to drive a new car. It makes no sense whatsoever.

Most new cars people drive usually cost around $20 - $30k. But people don't BUY new cars -- they lease them or make payments on them. And with new cars comes full insurance coverage. So when people buy new cars they are really making payments and then paying another $100+/mo for insurance. Moreover, as soon as you drive a new car off the lot it drops at least 10 - 20% in value. Every way you look at driving a new car is a loss. Does this sound like something a rich person would do?

But for some reason people still think that a new car is a sign of being successful, special, intelligent or rich. It means none of these things. When I see somebody driving a new car I immediately know they are poor. I know this because most people are poor. And if everybody is driving new cars then these people are poor. If you're like most people you're not special. Most people make payments on cars they can't afford. Congratulations, you're average making below average decisions. Everybody on the road also has a new car that they can't afford. Way to stand out and be different.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-2BFjSMVsU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
they're making payments and they're not poor. they're making real money and aren't going to use their time doing serious work on a car while simultaneously having a panic attack because if it doesn't run they lose their job at best buy for missing one day, they lease because they can afford to. except the people who lease and are poor they're double retarded

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I own several 90s luxury cars and I pay very little to maintain them because I'm not a moron and know how to work on and maintain a car.

Not having a car payment is awesome but if I was going to go that route I would actually finance a car that I own when it's paid off. It's not hard if you buy a car that's not a complete piece of poo poo that you'll be stuck with in the end.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Don't buy or lease a rig. Dropped $400 (could've been $1500 w/o warranty) at dealership because only dealer can diagnose newer jeep wranglers. If public transportation exists where you live take that (doesn't exist where I am).

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

solution: lease (i.e. rent) cars for rest of life

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I bought a new car because driving RWD in the snow the east co has been getting was beginning to get kinda loving old. There were other reasons too but mostly that. Car payments suck but that's life.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
dui moped in winter :cool:

you know exactly what im talking about

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 278 days!)

buy a used car that isnt garbage

yer welcome

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

West SAAB Story posted:

yer welcome

i had a saab

good used car

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

A misanthrope posted:

i had a saab

good used car

pretty much yeah

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Bought 2000 cherokee 7 years ago for 4 grand. Have had to replace water pump and wheel bearing... thats like 500 bucks of work. People that buy new cars are suckers.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCi-p9dcfsA

Ovals.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
That car was is fuckin ugly lmao

the new ones look decent though

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

exethan posted:

That car was fuckin ugly lmao

still is if any exist

Muerte
Jan 22, 2015

The trick is to buy cheap used luxury cars, they still look nice and you can just say I love this car I'll never get rid of it. You cant exactly say that with a 99' Prelude. This way you don't spend a lot of money and you don't look poor!

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Muerte posted:

The trick is to buy cheap used luxury cars, they still look nice and you can just say I love this car I'll never get rid of it. You cant exactly say that with a 99' Prelude. This way you don't spend a lot of money and you don't look poor!

word, bitches. its like macklewhoer and them lame threads

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Muerte posted:

Luxury? I just installed a new cup holder in my Taurus.

:colbert:

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Stoic Commie posted:

they're making payments and they're not poor. they're making real money and aren't going to use their time doing serious work on a car while simultaneously having a panic attack because if it doesn't run they lose their job at best buy for missing one day, they lease because they can afford to. except the people who lease and are poor they're double retarded

you don't lease and afford to with a best buy job u idiot

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Senordingdong posted:

Bought 2000 cherokee 7 years ago for 4 grand. Have had to replace water pump and wheel bearing... thats like 500 bucks of work. People that buy new cars are suckers.

Did it come with Bluetooth audio? No? That's what I thought.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

West SAAB Story posted:

yer welcome

I also drive a used Saab

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Omelette du Fromage posted:

you don't lease and afford to with a best buy job u idiot

noooooooo wai!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
OP, car buying is for fools. Why spend a bunch of money you don't have right now (gotta get designer furniture for your chic 600 sq ft apartment) on a hunk o junk you won't get laid with, when a dealership could set you up on an 84 month lease?

You don't even have to know the full amount of what you're paying. Just hand over a certain amount per month for the rest of your life and always be driving new-ish bland econobox transportation appliances! Interest? Equity? That talk's for poors.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Adiabatic posted:

OP, car buying is for fools. Why spend a bunch of money you don't have right now (gotta get designer furniture for your chic 600 sq ft apartment) on a hunk o junk you won't get laid with, when a dealership could set you up on an 84 month lease?

You don't even have to know the full amount of what you're paying. Just hand over a certain amount per month for the rest of your life and always be driving new-ish bland econobox transportation appliances! Interest? Equity? That talk's for poors.

I have so much equity in my car! The local dealer says if I put $2000 worth of work into it and make it look presentable, they'll give me $1000 for it! Isn't that awesome? I dropped collision years ago because that poo poo's for suckers. Now all I have to do is repair the front end that got crushed when I slid into a lightpole and I'll get ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS, I'll tell you what.

:911:

big dig
Sep 11, 2001

Cowboys > Ninjas
My company policy is that we have to drive a four door car that is less then 3 years old and has less then 65,000 kms. For this reason, I get $1,200 bucks a month added to my pay cheque to put towards my leased car of choice.

New Cars 4 lyfe!

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

EugeneJ posted:

Car leasing is so stupid.

You're throwing money away. When the lease is up...you don't even have a car to show for it!

I'm gonna drive my 1996 Ford Taurus into the ground, I'll tell you what. The transmission just went - should only cost about $4000 to fix. I already replaced it once. The brakes are due again, they keep slipping when I try to stop. Gotta buy snow tires again this year since I don't have that newfangled anti-lock brake poo poo. Only had to spend $1000 this year to fix the muffler and get it to pass inspection!

Car leasing is so expensive!

pfffffff, look at this beta paying a dude $4k to put some used $150 junkyard transmission into his car.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
lol seriously if you need a new transmission, brakes,and a muffler just ask the guy that's banging your girlfriend to do it, he'll probably only charge you $4k for the whole job

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Whiskey Sours posted:

Did it come with Bluetooth audio? No? That's what I thought.
$110, with installation gear. Should take an absolute newbie less than 2 hours, an experienced person can install in less than an hour. Also, it'll sound better than most factory systems.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
OP I dun tole you equity is for poors don't worry about that poo poo. Absolutely turn that car into the dealer (private party is just dumb people way overvalue a box that magically transports them places) and lease yourself a sweet new Accord for 84 easy monthly payments of $500. If you bought a car you'd just spend $500 per month on turbo-encabulators, unilateral phase detractors, cardinal grammeters, and all those other useless bits that you'd actually have to spend a couple minutes learning about. That poo poo cuts into DOTA and cheetos time.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
please help i bought a car and all the money is spraying out of my wallet

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
You can save a ton of money by never changing your oil and just get your parents to get you a new car if it breaks down. It's even better if they pay for the insurance.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Leasing fully loaded King Ranch Ford F150s owns.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
If you steal a car, you can have the car for free.

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
i drive a 2005 mustang

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just drive your mom's SUV

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Hide in th back seat or trunk of a car. IF they're not going where you want them to, pretend to be a ghost and tell them your soul will be at rest if they go to Wendys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

dogcrash truther posted:

If you steal a car, you can have the car for free.

Well, only by definition.

• Locked thread