Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Seriously.

You know its going to grow old and DIE.

Thats if it doesnt get killed or sick and die before hand.

And maybe it will just get injured horribly.

Then, you know its going to have to spend its life as a slave to money, so it doesnt end up starving or living under a bridge.

Also, most people are aware the future is going to be a worse place than it is now. Great job forcing that on someone.

Happy birthday, now fight for your life every single day until you die.

What kind of a oval office would have a child?

Well, thats my thought for the day, get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Harsh truths man. Harsh.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Agreed.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

i unironically think this and at one point told a girl i was seeing

she looked absolutely revolted by this and it didnt last long after that

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Counterpoint: You could have a child for use as food or a burnable heating source. If it's just a newborn, it's not realistically even going to be conscious enough to realize that being alive sucks. You don't even really need to put any considerable amount of resources into the manufacturing process, it's a complete myth that pregnant mothers have to eat for two. And I can't imagine why any parent would object to this when the baby comes out and it's an ugly, screaming, ignorant parasite. And even if they like the baby for some reason, they'll surely agree that the baby will have accomplished more than most people ever do by dying and becoming resources right away and it won't ever have to suffer the lonely existential agony of this dark, empty hell.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah pretty much OP, idk why I would ever want to bring someone into this lovely world. I barely even want to be here.

still using 96 Compaq
May 16, 2007
not too smart if you don't not understand this
i'm gunna have like 20 children just to spite you br0

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
Agree with the title, your argument is stupid.

Plenty of kids need adopting out there, having a child is pretty selfish.

If you spends tens of thousands on fertility treatments, you are scum. Seriously, how selfish and vain are you that you have to spend that much money because you will only raise a child that has half your DNA. That's hosed up.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

i'm getting some mixed signals here

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcx-nf3kH_M

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If everybody stopped having kids, then child rape would stop existing in less than two decades.

And all other crime in under a century.

Makes you think.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

lol @ people who actually think this

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
<insert rationalization for being fat and undatable> oh wait op got it covered lol

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Good luck finding a reason to live past 30

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Igor Strelkov posted:

Good luck finding a reason to live past 30

the mountain of hookers and blow I'll be able to afford vis a vis not having horrible, tiny, even more flawed copies of myself scrabbling around

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!
:agreed:

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
To all the people that have given up the most basic human right to reproduce: lol. thank you for your noble self-sacrifice. you stupid idiot.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Son of Rodney posted:

i unironically think this and at one point told a girl i was seeing

she looked absolutely revolted by this and it didnt last long after that

huh weird

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
:rolleyes: oh Rapman!

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

But what about love, beauty, and other things like that? OP is basically saying that life itself isn't worth living. My heart goes out.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
mookface

mooooooookkkkface

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can have a significant other without having children with them you idiots

I post on Something Awful ergo I know for a fact I would be a bad parent, really I'm just saving everyone involved some trouble here.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, but kids have fun sometimes, and not all of them end up being horrible disappointments to their parents like OP

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

i know right. what an illogical bitch amirite

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rapman the Cook posted:

Well, thats my thought for the day, get hosed.

Getting hosed is what produces children though

looks like you were the single most selfish evil thing all along, rapman the hitler

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
you make a better argument than the typical 'the planet can't support more people' one

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
As a living creature hardwired to ensure the domination of my genes over all others, I, too, encourage others to reproduce less (unless it is to reproduce with me).

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Matt18001
Feb 28, 2015
Convincing your wife that figuring out why the baby is crying at 3am is her job is the most selfish thing you can do. At least you get a few extra minutes of sleep.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Neptr posted:

Agree with the title, your argument is stupid.

Plenty of kids need adopting out there, having a child is pretty selfish.

If you spends tens of thousands on fertility treatments, you are scum. Seriously, how selfish and vain are you that you have to spend that much money because you will only raise a child that has half your DNA. That's hosed up.

I agree adoption is a wonderful thing but you do know it's extremely expensive right? Like over $20,000 in fees.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Being a parent is basically paying tens of thousands of dollars for a tiny version of yourself to poop on you and throw up in your mouth. Which sounds pretty hosed up if you ask me.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
Counterpoint:

You are a poor redneck/minority and have 3 babby daddies. Im assuming they didn't plan to have these kids and you really don't care because the gubment will take care of them.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I agree adoption is a wonderful thing but you do know it's extremely expensive right? Like over $20,000 in fees.

Adoption is a wonderful thing.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

actually its good and cool op

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i just gave mine a sticker for peeing in the potty so bascially im a monster

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I love children and babies they are so pure and beautiful. They bring out the softness in the hardest of people

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

moose face posted:

I love children and babies they are so pure and beautiful. They bring out the softness in the hardest of people

Whenever I see a baby I feel intense shame that I was ever such a loving nuisance to everyone, making GBS threads my pants and yelling for no reason

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
And when you're an old man, you'll be doing those things again. :cheeky:

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
well you're right op, but now what??

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Life is a god drat toilet and everyone should probably suicide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Stoic Commie posted:

well you're right op, but now what??

Make sure all your semen is lost in time like tears in the rain. Time to die.

• Locked thread