Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
NCAA SEC NERDCITY SEASON 3

Season 1:
SEC Champs: UGA (over Arky)
NCG Champs: UGA (over CPU Iowa)

Season 2:
SEC Champs: SCar (over CPU Arky)
NCG Champs: SCar (over UGA)

I am the commissioner for a full season for the first time now. Rest easy knowing the fate of your team rests in my soft soft hands.

:siren: :siren: This dynasty is known as the DRAMA-FREE DYNASTY :siren: :siren:

We have 10, that's right, 10 users in this dynasty. SEC PARTY! We actually have 5 goons and 5 players who are simply members of the GroupMe chatroom (https://groupme.com/join_group/9207880/xJ59te). The GroupMe chatroom is a really nice way to schedule games, since you can get their app on your phone and rather than making a bunch of tiny posts here on the forums and maybe even checking "Who's Online" (I can't be the only weirdo who does that when looking for my opponent), just party like it's mIRC. If you get the app, you can customize how you get notifications, so don't freak out and uninstall it if right away you feel like you're getting swamped with junk notifications. I use the website more than the app, though.

SEC Eastside

#3 South Carolina - John Brown (GT: True Cryme)

#5 Georgia - Nick / GroupMe (GT: Venom173)

#7 Florida - Diodeous (GT: BenedictWong) former commish and still king

#9 Tennessee - The Notorious ZSB (GT: JDMTyte)

#18 Mizzou - WaytogoIdaho / GroupMe (GT: ucieaters33)

Kentucky - CPU / Available
Vanderbilt - CPU / Available

SEC Westside

#1 Alabama - Crowe / GroupMe (GT: JCrowe19)

#2 LSU - cletus42o (GT: cletus42o)

#16 Arkansas - Tyler / GroupMe (GT: WeenisWrinkle04)

#23 Auburn - Texas A. Wreckus (GT: QuikDrawQuincy) plz join groupme or post more

Texas A&M - Eric / GroupMe (GT: xYUNGxMOUNTx) new to this season

Ole Miss - CPU / Available
Miss St - CPU / Available

above rankings are pre-season

Keeping with the same rules, I don't think any of us really need to see these, and it's highly doubtful at this point that a new goon is going to join, but here they are with some slight modifications:

Rules
1) We don't care about CPU games, just get them done ASAP. Don't take a chance with a sim against a ranked CPU opponent, it could hurt all of us! You can restart as many times as you need to, but please don't do this just to pad stats / win awards.

2) Difficulty: All American vs CPU, All American vs Users / 6 Minute Quarters / No Recruiting Boosters / Ice the Kicker is On / Homefield Advantage is On / Coaches Start at Level 1

3) You must create a coach for this dynasty.

4) No FCS games get on your schedules. With 10 user teams, schedule requests aren't something I'll be looking to ask about, but don't hesitate to message me when it's getting close to the pre-season if you have special requests.

5) If someone is playing like a dick against you, bring it up. If it's becoming a pattern where any particular user is getting complaints, we will handle it and hopefully not lose a player due to it.

We'll be advancing to week 1 tonight.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Fwiw we revolted about the Heisman level vs CPUs when this dynasty started. I still don't recommend it as it makes the game infuriating.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Heisman was hard as gently caress w these rosters

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
I didn't change anything, I copy/pasted that. So that could be incorrect, if Dio knows that he changed it.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Yes, that info is incorrect

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ADVANCED TO WEEK ONE

CPU Games:

#9 Tenn @ Stanford
A&M @ Penn St
#3 South Carolina @ #11 Okla St
#18 Mizzou @ #14 Texas
#5 Georgia vs Kentucky
#16 Arky @ #10 Florida St
#7 Florida vs #21 Michigan
#1 Bama vs #4 Wisconsin

Byes:
LSU, Auburn

Let's get this party started!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Swag swag! Instacommits from a top flight Center and DE.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I look forward to seeing what this respectably rated team is about and if they can be less sorry as poo poo on defense.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ADVANCED TO WEEK 2

User Game
#3 South Carolina (JB) @ #15 Georgia (Nick / GroupMe)

Unfortunately had two users who took sims, and both lost. Sims are dangerous!

JB, I know you said you were going out of town soon. I'll be out of town next weekend. If Nick can't play before you have to leave, I can put him on AP, or we can see if he'd definitely be able to play right away when you get back. Seems like he's been extra busy lately. Might be SPRING BREAK!!!

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I have determined they are not any less sorry on defense despite the increase ratings across the board. Got a boss senior MLB again though, but we still can't stop a wet rag of piss.

Prb gonna lose to Oklahoma lol

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I have determined they are not any less sorry on defense despite the increase ratings across the board. Got a boss senior MLB again though, but we still can't stop a wet rag of piss.
We play next week, hopefully I can avenge that loss from last year. I just hope you don't take Fournette out for another full season!

#2 LSU over #4 Miami, 56-6. Holgorsen at OC is making a huge difference already. Just had one offensive mistake early on, but other than that, it was total destruction.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 17, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

We play next week, hopefully I can avenge that loss from last year.

I guess we'll see maybe the computer was just loving with me, but chances are high you should steam roll me. I'll have to hope for a scoring explosion on my part to get ahead and try to stay ahead.

e: THERE WAS DEFENSE AGAINST OKLAHOMA. Also I tried stat padding and chucked like 3 ints in the final 2 minutes ooops.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 19, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ADVANCED TO WEEK 3

User Games
#1 LSU (cletus420) @ #5 Tenn (ZSB)
#4 Florida (Dio) @ #10 Mizzou (GroupMe)

Bye - SCar

ZSB, when can you play?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

ADVANCED TO WEEK 3

User Games
#1 LSU (cletus420) @ #5 Tenn (ZSB)
#4 Florida (Dio) @ #10 Mizzou (GroupMe)

Bye - SCar

ZSB, when can you play?

Probably sometime this weekend, but I'm not sure exactly when. Sunday mornings are usually a safe bet.

e: Vols choke in the 4th throwing 3 picks one for 6 to lose 54-36 when it was 28-27 with a minute left in the 3rd. Defense was as expected trash, and I just pressed too hard at the end. Had a chance but cletus snuffed it out with a perfect passing day.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 21, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

e: Vols choke in the 4th throwing 3 picks one for 6 to lose 54-36 when it was 28-27 with a minute left in the 3rd. Defense was as expected trash, and I just pressed too hard at the end. Had a chance but cletus snuffed it out with a perfect passing day.
Yeah, we were going back and forth for most of the game, and when you went up by 1 by getting a TD when I had to settle for those FGs, I was worried my offense wasn't going to come back. After the picks though, I wasn't going to risk an incompletion so it was just a matter of holding onto the ball and not fumbling.

Hurd is a beast though. I felt like he was breaking every first tackle attempt I was making - same with your QB when he would run it.

GG

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Offense is potent, I should have stuck to running options and playing conservative like I usually do. Alas.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Offense is potent, I should have stuck to running options and playing conservative like I usually do. Alas.
From after our game last season:

cletus42o posted:

Tenn crushes LSU, 70-49. It became a shoot-out really early on, and then Fournette went out injured (not sure on what play even, didn't see a notice until I heard them mention it).
So thanks for not playing conservatively. :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

From after our game last season:

So thanks for not playing conservatively. :)

That game was like a firestorm, and that's ulimately what did me in this game. I burned you on deep passes repeatedly in that game, but was got picked 3 times on deep passes this game. It was literally the difference.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ADVANCED TO WEEK 4

User Games
#8 Tennessee (ZSB) @ #2 Florida (Dio)

Dio survived the sim against Mizzou and jumped to #2 because of it.

Everyone else has a CPU game. UGA is on an extended leave of absence right now so he's on AP indefinitely. Hopefully won't be for too long.

Note: I go out of town Thurs-Sun this week for my annual poker weekend. So it's unlikely we will even be able to advance until Monday - that means ZSB and Dio have a while to schedule their game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

You know what this means Dio, time for you to grasp victory then watch as I take it from you at the end! Alternatively my team will not score enough and lose in a shoot out. Have to see when we can fit it in because I've got a bachelor party this weekend that's going to eat my weekend.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I took today off from work if you're around for some reason. Otherwise I don't know when I'll be available other than like Friday evening

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I took today off from work if you're around for some reason. Otherwise I don't know when I'll be available other than like Friday evening

Prb won't be able to until next Monday honestly. Sorry guys, got a busy weekend starting tomorrow.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll be home by 5pm est, but unfortunately can only play until about 8 or 9. Availability is limited til Wednesday

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, you going to be able to play Dio today? No worries if not, just figured I'd bump the thread to try to keep things rolling.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Not today, Wednesday has potential.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Not today, Wednesday has potential.
Okay, we're waiting on y'all now, so if you can knock it out tomorrow that'd be great.

Also, you have a game against CPU Oregon the following week. I think you said you were going out of town Thursday? I'll be around to advance us after y'all play, in case you want to try to play that game too before you leave. (though I know you've got games to play all around right now, so no biggie)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Okay, we're waiting on y'all now, so if you can knock it out tomorrow that'd be great.

Also, you have a game against CPU Oregon the following week. I think you said you were going out of town Thursday? I'll be around to advance us after y'all play, in case you want to try to play that game too before you leave. (though I know you've got games to play all around right now, so no biggie)

Almost certainly will not have time, but I appreciate the opportunity. If I lose in a sim so be it.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Let me know about this evening. My GF is really really not going to want me to play tonight, but I can try to make it happen.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Let me know about this evening. My GF is really really not going to want me to play tonight, but I can try to make it happen.

I mean if it can't happen I can accept a sim. It'd prb need to be later tonight like 1030+ CT

Our SEC games are usually our most competitive, so I'd like to play it, but if it won't work out oh well. I'm also short on time this week what with travel etc.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Definitely can't start that late even if I wanted. I'm usually dead tired by that time. I'm willing to wait but don't want to gently caress up the pace of the league

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Definitely can't start that late even if I wanted. I'm usually dead tired by that time. I'm willing to wait but don't want to gently caress up the pace of the league

I am of course always willing to wait.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'd of course rather you guys play. I don't think we'll lose anyone over waiting, though it will be getting close to 2 weeks between advances. Will y'all definitely be able to play right away when ZSB gets back?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

I'd of course rather you guys play. I don't think we'll lose anyone over waiting, though it will be getting close to 2 weeks between advances. Will y'all definitely be able to play right away when ZSB gets back?

I am not sure about how much of a guarantee I can make about Monday night or Tuesday. Certainly by next Wed, but I'll understand if I have to take this L.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
No one has really said anything about the delay other than Ole Miss (GroupMe) who was just asking because he's out of town now until Sunday - and he's got a user game after the advance.

So we'll wait for y'all to play.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I am not sure about how much of a guarantee I can make about Monday night or Tuesday. Certainly by next Wed, but I'll understand if I have to take this L.

Weds is best for me as well if we can plan on it

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I have a bye next week lol
:negative:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

I have a bye next week lol
:negative:
I'm definitely going to try to advance faster over the next few weeks of the season to make up for this long delay. As much as I can, at least.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio, can we knock it out earlier Wed evening like 5 or 6 CT?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

That is my preference since I'm EST. I'll be home and ready by 4pm CST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

That is my preference since I'm EST. I'll be home and ready by 4pm CST

I'll be online as soon as I can get home. See ya tomorrow.

• Locked thread