Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm still available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Vols basically do everything you need to to lose a game. More turnovers than take aways, gave up huge rushing #s, no pressure on the QB. Had plenty of chances, couldn't get it done down to another #1 I go.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
We're at week 10 now.

#1 SCar (JB) vs Vandy (CPU)
#2 LSU (me) vs #8 Auburn (Wreckus)
#7 Tenn (ZSB) @ #14 Bama (AP / CPU)

Any goons not mentioned have bye weeks, think that's just Dio. (who unfortunately lost 30-31 against UCLA in the sim)

Wreckus, let me know when you're available. If I haven't heard from you by the weekend, I'll play your CPU if JB & ZSB have gotten their games in.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols get it done against an Alabama squad that prb would have cleaned up shop on me had JCrowe been not on AP. 38-24 thanks to some solid passing & acceptable rushing totals. Defense is still largely a sieve just about every way, but they've gotten better at stiffening up in the RZ.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Yeah, we've lost a lot of the non-goons to AP because of all of these issues. But it does seem like things may be getting back to normal. (definitely to me so far - I know JB is still having trouble, but people on OpSports are also reporting that web recruiting/etc has improved this week for people in their dynasties)

I reached out to some of the guys who've gone to AP-land and it sounds like most of them would want to keep playing if things do get back to normal. (also invited a new guy to the GroupMe room and sent him an invite to the dynasty, no idea if he's joined yet or what team he's going to pick)

But a lot of them were also having the XP bug before the server issues, and that might be a deal breaker on coming back.

Would y'all be down for either rebooting the dynasty (and potentially changing it up to not just include the SEC - I'd still set plenty of OOC user match-ups), or I think I could start a separate dynasty if those of us left here want to keep this one going. (but I know some of us have gotten screwed from sim losses from advances in hopes of fixing the issues + recruiting issues) I think a dynasty that crosses conferences would lead to quicker advances, and getting through a few seasons before the game absolutely dies on us would be nice. And I could look for the upcoming season's rosters too.

Just wanted to toss the idea out and see if anyone has any thoughts on it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I really at this point don't care, recruiting is a total after thought anyway so resetting this is just a way to give everyone a clean slate until we dominate the top 5 for every decent recruit again. I personally prefer we stick with what's running because everyone has been in the spectre of ruined seasons from sims, but I guess I'll float mostly with what we want to do. If we do start a new one, HC's need to start at Lvl 20. I don't want to slog through recruiting etc with no coach points again. For me the game gets actually interesting once its recruited players which is almost to where we are.

Prefer we stick it out, will tag along for whatever at least to start.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Same

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

If it means we'll get more people then I'm willing to start over as Georiga or TAMU. But I agree that we should not start at Lvl 1 with coach xp.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I'm definitely down with keeping this league going as-is, but keep in mind at this point we're down to me, JB, ZSB, Wreckus, Dio, and Mizzou pretty much. And I think it's fair to say that only 3 of us goons are dependable on a weekly basis. (and maybe we could see if any other goons from the other dynasties would be down for coming over? I'm not trying to advance us on a set schedule, I just want people that will remain active and will stick with us)

The GroupMe guys that went on AP are more willing to come back with a fresh dynasty due to either the XP bug or because they've fallen behind due to to the server issues.

I'm totally cool with just playing with you guys without changing anything since I know we all play fairly and get along fine, but the crazy player in me would love to have another dynasty that spans conferences. If y'all aren't interested, I won't bother, but since I use football games as part of my exercise routine I like to be able to rely on having games (CPU or not) more than once per week.

I would definitely agree with everyone starting at a high XP level, since I think that lessens the blow quite a bit if we somehow stumble onto new people who want to join if they get bit by the XP bug.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#2 LSU over #8 Auburn, 41-21.

I was so loving drunk when we started I didn't think I had a chance in hell, but my defense pulled off some great interceptions that allowed me to pull off the big win. Wreckus is always a tough match-up for me, but I think I've got a great team here (looking your way JB!).

I'm advancing us now.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 10

Things do seem back to normal now guys. If web stuff isn't working for you, try deleting files/re-installing the game. I did some clean-up of my files before everything started working again (deleted all files for dead dynasties, etc). I know JB said he did that too, but things are definitely working for me and word on OpSports seems to corroborate that people are having success now.

The only user game we have with non-AP'd players is -

#2 SCar (JB) @ #4 Mizzou

Byes for goons are Tenn/ZSB. Everyone else has a CPU/AP game to play.

I am planning on starting up a new dynasty to get our lost players back into the mix, so I'll invite anyone here who wants to be in it. But I'll keep this dynasty going too. Cause I wanna CRUSH South Carolina. :)

edit - I went ahead and set up a new dynasty with the new rosters (hopefully they're good - I didn't really check it much), base level 20 for coaches, and mostly suggested settings from OpSports. No restrictions on teams or anything like that. If you want to join, great - I'll create a new thread for it if it looks like it will work out. I didn't invite all goons that play, for instance slywalker, but if it looks like people start joining, I'll send out more invites. This doesn't mean this dynasty is going away though.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 15, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

drat dude I don't have time for a fourth dynasty. It's either this one or the new one you created. If we decide to go with your new league I want Georgia - I originally had them in the first SEC league created by Piper.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
poo poo, I created a dynasty last night? LOL

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

You're why we discourage drunk posting

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

You're why we discourage drunk posting
:angel:

Alright so just to try to eliminate any confusion I caused. I did create a new dynasty, I did shoot invites to a lot of people. If you want to join, feel free, but I'm not killing this dynasty unless everyone wants to make the switch.

I would say wait and see if the people that I spoke to who went on indefinite AP actually join (everyone I asked was only interested in coming back to NCAA if it'd be a new dynasty), so I'll just let y'all know. I'm not trying to kill off this dynasty by any means, and if we want to just keep it to the 5 of us goons, that's totally fine with me. (the only other two non-AP players, Mizzou and Vandy, both have the XP bug, and Mizzou has been quiet lately and just had me sim his last game)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Alright well let's make the switch then. I want Georgia.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Alright well let's make the switch then. I want Georgia.
You should have gotten an invite last night - let me know if you didn't.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wait...this is an NCAA-wide league? That's going to make user matchups considerably less frequent.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'll probably take Florida again. Dunno.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

Wait...this is an NCAA-wide league? That's going to make user matchups considerably less frequent.
Yeah, that's why I didn't think it would put a huge strain on any of us that wanted to join it to play alongside more players.

But I am going to set schedules so that everyone gets the same number of user games. We'll probably end up having the same number of user games that we end up having in the ACC dynasty, if not more. Feel free to let me know if you want me to try to max out the amount of user games possible given the amount of non-conference games available + any in-conference user games already on the schedule, or if you want me to keep it low.

I'm only going to start a thread for it once it looks like people start joining.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm going try and stick it out with 4 dynasties because I don't want to give up on this squad yet. I'll just place priority on the new one since it'll have the most players.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Okay, let's try to rock through the rest of this season and get to season 4 - I think Dio, ZSB, and Wreckus all got screwed a bit this season, and it's pretty much a lock that it's going to be LSU/SCar in the SECCG (especially now that Mizzou has been MIA - not sure if either of us have any non-AP'd user games left on our schedules).

Giving Mizzou til tonight to at least respond to let us know what his availability is, then he'll go on AP. So Dio and Wreckus, if y'all could get your CPU games in this weekend, that'd be great - but can definitely wait a few days if you need it. (if so, JB, I'll leave it up to you whether you want to wait to play AP Mizzou after those CPU games are done in case he shows up)

John Brown posted:

I'm going try and stick it out with 4 dynasties because I don't want to give up on this squad yet. I'll just place priority on the new one since it'll have the most players.
OK cool - and it's not like anyone has really rushed in to join the new dynasty except for the guy who just joined here as Vandy. So for all we know at this point, the new dynasty may never get off the ground.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
hmm new dynasty, ground floor....

Hail Satan. I'm taking Minnesota and repping home. Can I get an invite?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I want to get an idea of who everyone is picking before I make my choice. I want to be someone's rival, just haven't decided yet.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm LSU...and I've set up my Redshirting and Recruiting

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

Hail Satan. I'm taking Minnesota and repping home. Can I get an invite?
Oh sweet I would have invited you but didn't think you would be down for another dynasty. League name is "LastChanceYo" and the password is "duinasty". If I load up the game soon I'll send you an invite, but that should let you get in unless I messed something up.

Also, since we will have some non-goons playing, if you are cool with going off-site to aid in scheduling - the room for the new dynasty is https://groupme.com/join_group/14006457/KvqRRz - you'd prob need to create an account there first.

Would definitely like to get a count of the goons we'll have - me, JB, Dubious, Dio - ZSB? Wreckus? Then we have Tyler, Crowe, and Adam/Vandy from GroupMe. That's 9 right there.

Two of the people who had been in this dynasty that went on hiatus (Nick/Georgia who always was a good guy to play against, and Eric/Ole Miss - not sure if anyone ever actually got to play against him since he was immediately bummed about the XP bug and then the server issues started) said they'd be down for joining if we have open spots but that they may have to be on AP to start. (so they'd secure spots to prevent the XP bug for when they can play - I know Nick is in school and in some heavy research right now which is why he's been AWOL) But obviously those spots will go to others first - I just told them I'd let them know before starting it if we had any openings.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

John Brown posted:

I'm LSU...and I've set up my Redshirting and Recruiting

This may solidify my initial decision to want Florida. I'll join up today

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

Oh sweet I would have invited you but didn't think you would be down for another dynasty. League name is "LastChanceYo" and the password is "duinasty". If I load up the game soon I'll send you an invite, but that should let you get in unless I messed something up.

actually ill likely drop the B1G dynasty and stick with the new one because I actually have attachment to Minnesota, and wont have XP bug, and be able to have recruitment perks.

But, i'd request a lighter schedule for at least the first season because oh boy that talent is brutal for the first season using that team.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Dubious posted:

actually ill likely drop the B1G dynasty and stick with the new one because I actually have attachment to Minnesota, and wont have XP bug, and be able to have recruitment perks.

But, i'd request a lighter schedule for at least the first season because oh boy that talent is brutal for the first season using that team.
So does this mean I should go ahead and play your CPU again in the B1G dynasty? :)

And certainly anyone who opts to go with a team with a tougher road, I'm fine with giving a lighter schedule right off the bat.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

cletus42o posted:

So does this mean I should go ahead and play your CPU again in the B1G dynasty? :)

And certainly anyone who opts to go with a team with a tougher road, I'm fine with giving a lighter schedule right off the bat.

yea go ahead, I want to focus on building one team from the start and the new dynasty is perfect for that and renews my interest.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cletus, could you put Mizzou on AP so I can play this game while I have time?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

With the new dynasty starting I'm going to only do user games for this one

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 11

Wreckus, sorry for advancing on you yet again, but just trying to get us into the next season. If you're getting screwed with recruiting by me, I'd be happy to boost some of your incoming recruits next season. (anyone else who's gotten screwed in recruiting from the EA issues, feel free to shoot me requests too, don't want you guys falling behind because of things out of your control)

Also, link to the new dynasty thread - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720593 - let's cut all of that discussion out of this thread now.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB & Wreckus, you're the last goons to play. No huge rush (though I do want to zoom through this season), we just advanced I know - and I know ZSB was away.

ZSB, we haven't heard from Mizzou in a while now, so unless you want to do a quick check in GroupMe before you're able to play, feel free to play away when you can.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I've been gone. I'll hit up the GroupMe and see if Mizzou surfaces and if that's a no go then I'll just knock it out. I probably won't join the other league if this one is going to keep trucking. I'm really not trying to add more of this game to my plate honestly. I barely have time for what we do already.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I really don't know how I'm doing this. This past weekend I bought GTA V, Battlefield Hardlines, and Destiny, my gf eats into my schedule, I've been working out and ubering in my free time, and I'm doing the job of three people at work. Not sure how long I can keep this up with 4 leagues.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Few more weeks probably

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Are we r2a?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols clean up on Mizzou a lot to a little. My two starting WRs are finally finding traction and racking up multi TD 100 yard games. Hurd was hurt, but other dudes picked up the slack. Let's see if I can hang around to sneak into the BCS title game with 2 losses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Will try to advance tonight, but not sure.

Mother-in-law got in town today, my wife has her MBA graduation tomorrow, and her mom will be with us til next week sometime.

I should have a window tomorrow morning though, if I can't find time tonight.

• Locked thread