Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
WEEK 12

:siren:
#18 Florida (Dio) @ #2 SCar (JB)
:siren:

Wreckus, you've also got a game against UGA (AP).

But that's it except for Vandy, who I'm not sure will be sticking with us once the new dynasty gets going. We're pretty much going to advance once Dio and JB play, get this season done with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dio, what's your schedule like tomorrow? I'm off but the earlier the better.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

John Brown posted:

Dio, what's your schedule like tomorrow? I'm off but the earlier the better.

Can maybe play at 5 or 6 est

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Diodeous posted:

Can maybe play at 5 or 6 est

See you at 4:30pm CST?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

John Brown posted:

See you at 4:30pm CST?

Yeah lets plan on that

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

JB, any chance you can go at 4 cst? I am supposed to do a face time viewing of a house at 515 cst so if we can start at 345 or 4 it would help. I should be home by like 335

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I think that should work.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I got home from work early, so I'll be ready by 3:45 pm CST if you want to plan on that

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

SCe over FU 56-27.

Everything seemed to go downhill for you in the second half. You picked apart my zone D so I switched up to man and the picks began to rain. GG.

E: I guess we're r2a seeing as Tenneessee, Mizzou, and LSU all have byes?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

It didn't really help that your guys did t drop any picks and my guys dropped 2 crucial ints. Good game

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
WEEK 13

#13 Auburn (Wreckus) @ #2 SCar (JB)
#4 Tenn (ZSB) vs Vandy (Adam/GM)

#1 LSU (cletus42o) vs A&M
UF (Dio) vs Ole Miss

ZSB, I know Adam isn't going to be around until at least Sunday/Monday. I think he's fine with being put on AP here until next season, but let's wait and see if Wreckus and JB can schedule their game before I put Adam on AP for you. Unless you know you won't have another chance to play for a while.

Dio, I know you said you would take sims in all CPU games, so I won't worry about you unless you say otherwise.

Looks like we're heading towards LSU/SCar in the SECCG and potentially ZSB will get a shot against the winner of that game in the BCSCG (though with the way the standings are, it really should be a rematch of the SECCG, but I don't think that ever happens in the game). Wisconsin and Florida State look to be the closest to keep ZSB out - so Dio, ZSB will probably really really want you to play your final regular season game next week. Wisconsin has regular season games left against unranked Nebraska and Minnesota, but could easily fall to #11 Michigan in the Big10 championship (Michigan is 6-0 in conference right now).

edit - drat JB, nice INT return for a TD in your game against Dio, just watched the video. Not sure how I jumped you in the polls with a bye and your win, though our BCS AVG is actually completely tied at 0.997, we just swapped places.

#1 LSU over A&M, 56-10.

QB Harris went 20/20 for 333 yards and 3 TDs. Freshman QB Manning came in to clean up going another 11/13 for 109 yards and somehow another 3 TDs. Fournette rushed for 111 yards and 1 TD and caught 15 passes for 205 yards and another TD. WR Dupre caught 10 passes for 154 yards and 3 TDs.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 23, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

As of yet no sign of Vandy in the GroupMe.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

The Notorious ZSB posted:

As of yet no sign of Vandy in the GroupMe.
He responded today if you wanna try to set something up with him.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols over Vandy 42-21. It was tied 21-21 at the half, but the Vols nabbed momentum by getting a muffed punt recovery and scored 1 play later when it appeared Vandy would have about 1.5 mins to score before the half. I scored with the opening possession of the 2nd half, twice more in the 3rd quarter following INTs and then I bled out the clock in the 4th. My qb Rush had 2 huge 70+ yard runs in the game which also helped me put some pressure on Vandy. On my way to a 10-2 regular season hopefully to land myself in a BCS bowl title or otherwise.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 14

#1 LSU (cletus42o) vs #6 Arky (Tyler/AP?)
#2 SCar (JB) vs Clemson
#4 Tenn (ZSB) @ #25 Kentucky
#17 Auburn vs #14 Bama (Crowe/AP)

:siren: Florida vs #5 Florida State :siren:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
All games except ZSB and Wreckus have been played - including Vandy against his CPU opponent.

ZSB, if you can play today, let me know. If JB and I would have any chance of playing the SECCG game tonight, then I would advance after you play.

Otherwise, I am leaving tomorrow morning for a flight at 6:30am and don't get back until late on Sunday - but no biggie, I don't know that JB and I would get to play anyway even if JB could since I have to pack/etc. and he's trying to work out a game in another dynasty tonight I believe.

edit - oh, I see JB actually said playing tonight is probably out for him, so no need to rush ZSB/Wreckus since we won't be advancing til Sunday night.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 28, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Aight, I'll def have it done by the weekend's conclusion.

e: Vols roll time to see how it shakes out. I think if Kentucky had had its user (same with Mizzou) I'd have 2 more losses. I will hopefully skate my way into the BCS title game only to lose to one of you two again since I have never fared well in NCG rematches where I'd lost already. I personally don't get how you can generate the DL & WR stats Mizzou accumulated though.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 29, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
SEC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

#1 LSU (12-0, cletus42o) vs #2 South Carolina (12-0, JB)

A battle of undefeated teams, and it's happening TONIGHT!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Well, the unthinkable happened, LSU pulled off the victory 31-21.

It started to get out of hand by halftime, with LSU up 28-14, helped by 2 picks thrown by South Carolina. (3 picks thrown by SCar, 1 by LSU overall) I knew it wasn't anywhere near over though - JB made some amazing throws in an attempt to close the gap, getting it to 31-21, and got the ball back with maybe 30 seconds left. Would've been really tough, but unfortunately, it didn't matter - a red zone interception led to LSU kneeling to close it off.

GG JB! I was starting to think I would never have a chance against you, but luckily, I do have a great team here and you were a little off with the picks so the stars aligned for me finally!

BOWL SEASON

Sadly, Wisconsin and VT ended up at #2 and #3 in the rankings, with the top SEC teams all following after that, so we did not get a user championship game.

BCSCG #1 LSU vs #2 Wisconsin
Sugar Bowl #4 Tenn vs #13 Florida St
Capital One Bowl #5 SCar vs #16 Ohio State
Outback Bowl #8 Arky vs Northwestern
Cotton Bowl #9 Auburn vs #11 Texas
Chick-fil-A Bowl #14 Florida vs #15 GT
Gator Bowl #23 Mizzou vs Nebraska
Liberty Bowl Vandy vs Southern Miss

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

BCS BOWL BITCHES, also I always root for digital VT so hooray for them.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
#1 LSU over #2 Wisconsin, to become the 2015 BCS National Champions!

But here are my replays from my first (and possibly final) win over JB. Gotta do it. This was the championship game that mattered after all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0_flW8v49w
Making JB pay for saying he would be putting an end to Dupre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxAeeaB8JI
Fournette goes beast mode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xrIZ1svsws
Gotta keep your eye on QB Harris!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjumh4qpXAo
Fun TD pass, I think the variety of play calls is what helped me out most in the game. Almost picked off though, but I ate some grass before calling this play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IuENOIoxlo
The pick in the end zone to end the game. (if it had been caught for the TD, it'd have taken some JB magic, but I know he has that magic, so this was more good luck that went my way)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Here's my analysis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0_flW8v49w

My CB AND SS got juked out of thier shoes even though I had the perfect call on this play.

Tackling isn't my strong suit - ZSB can attest to this lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xrIZ1svsws

Read this the whole way but got tripped up by falling players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjumh4qpXAo

:ughh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IuENOIoxlo

Throwing up a prayer.

The biggest plays for you were the picks I threw and the Russell Wilson bullshit you pulled off on your first drive. The late TDs were nice but I knew I didn't stand a chance because I have never ever converted an onside kick. GG.

P.S. It will indeed be your last win against me :getin:

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

The biggest plays for you were the picks I threw and the Russell Wilson bullshit you pulled off on your first drive. The late TDs were nice but I knew I didn't stand a chance because I have never ever converted an onside kick. GG.

P.S. It will indeed be your last win against me :getin:
Yeah I definitely wouldn't have stood a chance without those first 2 picks. But I did know you were going into the game wanting to keep Dupre out of it as much as possible. Somehow I just didn't have that panic feeling when we kicked off that I normally do when I play against you - kept me from making as many bad calls. (I'm also mixing up my passes a lot more than I used to, used to stick to sideline passes to a fault but I've been mixing in short passes more and more - either slants or just right up the middle)

GG again. It definitely should have been us meeting again in the championship, but I am happy to have won my 2nd BCS championship in goon dynasties. (did win one in one of the dynasties with just the GroupMe guys, so I'm up to 3 in total) I would put an asterisk on this one with all the EA bullshit, but since I had to get past you, I think I earned it. :)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Tackling isn't my strong suit - ZSB can attest to this lol

On most of these plays (option/dive) it's less that you're spotty at tackling (because I think we all can be), its more that you play the safety so provided you can get beyond your first tackle you've now usually removed deep help from making a follow up play. Often those big plays happened because you took the safety from deep coverage and left open field behind you imo.

High risk, high reward playing as the safety. Big reason why I really stick with the front 4 until I have to make a tackle beyond the LOS. I'd probably be a more effective player if I learned to switch and use my LBs once I read a run.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Alright guys, we're advancing into the off-season.

Everyone okay with 24 hour advances? Anyone have any special requests?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
End of Season WRAP UP

Final Rankings
#1 LSU
#3 Tennessee
#4 South Carolina
#6 Arkansas
#20 Auburn
#22 Alabama
#25 Vanderbilt
(UR) Florida (228 votes)
(UR) Missouri
(UR) Ole Miss
(UR) Georgia

Award Winners
N. Brown WR Mizzou - Heisman, Maxwell, Walter Camp, Biletnikoff
M. Loud RE Mizzou - Bednarik, Nagurski, Lombardi
L. Barbour QB Arky - O'Brien
M. Davis HB SCar - Walker
J. Adams TE SCar - Mackey
C. Waldrop C SCar - Outland, Rimington
C. Garrett MLB LSU - Best LB
R. McWilliams CB SCar - Thorpe
C. Brown HB SCar - Best Returner

(skipping the AA's, since this season was busted a bit)

Best of the Best (leaving out AP'd teams)
#1 Offense - SCar with 10,360 yards
#1 Passing Offense - SCar with 5,336 yards
#1 Rushing Offense - SCar with 2,638 yards
#1 in PPG - SCar with 60.8
#1 in Passing TDs - SCar with 63
#1 in Rushing TDs - SCar with 45
LSU allowed the least sacks giving up only 20
SCar led in 1st downs with 299

#1 Defense - Tenn allowing 4,273 yards
#1 Pass Defense - Tenn allowing 2,633 yards
#1 Rush Defense - SCar allowing 817 yards (large gap - LSU was 2nd with 1,163)
#1 Scoring Defense - SCar allowing 267 points (LSU allowed 268)
#1 Sacking Defense - LSU with 64 sacks

Best Turnover Margin - SCar with +25
Most Takeaways - SCar with 47 (another large gap - LSU was 2nd with 26)

SEC OPOTY - M. Davis HB SCar, 2,362 yards, 9.9 avg, 34 rushing TDs, 0 fumbles
SEC DPOTY - T. White CB LSU, 4 interceptions, 1 INT-TD, and the SECCG game-winning pick in the end zone is what got him this award
SEC COTY - DRAW between cletus42o and JB

We're at Players Leaving!

Advancing tomorrow evening unless everyone who has been playing regularly says they're ready sooner!

And again, I repeat:

cletus42o posted:

Everyone okay with 24 hour advances? Anyone have any special requests?
Special requests like scheduling, conference realignment (I'll take a look at this too), etc.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

End of Season WRAP UP

Final Rankings
#1 LSU
#3 Tennessee
#4 South Carolina

#1 Defense - Tenn allowing 4,273 yards
#1 Pass Defense - Tenn allowing 2,633 yards

So hey this is hilarious right here, how is it possible I had the best overall defense in this league & the best pass D? Especially when I gave up enormous volumes of yards to the CPU over the first half of the season? I'm genuinely befuddled.

I also find it hilarious that I lost to both #1 #4 and didn't end up behind them with more losses.

I'm p comfortable with our divisions unless a lot of the group me folks aren't going to keep playing with us. I want to request that VT not be on our schedules since they finished #2 I want to see how well the CPU can do with them next year hahaha

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

gently caress that. Give me VT.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

gently caress that. Give me VT.

BOOOOOOO

also :lol:

I want you guys to know I love playing this game with you all I hope they never kill it.

ONCE AGAIN A FRESHMAN LEAVES FOR PLAYING TIME WHEN THEY WERE ON THE VERGE OF STARTING loving gently caress THIS GAME SOMETIMES.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 4, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I've discovered a way to counteract this.

First, you want to make sure that any pure freshman does not get redhshirted his first year. If you recruit multiple freshman from the same position, then I recommend reshirting the lesser rated/desired of the two.

Second, make sure he gets some PT. Set a benchmark for the starters before him, and then put him in once that mark is hit. For example, when any DB gets 3 picks in a game I take him out and put in the backup.

Lastly, if you land bowl game against the CPU then let all of your non-seniors start the game. There's really no point in allowing them to play because awards are already handed out at that point, and they clearly won't be returning. If there's a junior or sophomore ahead of the freshman player then put him in during the second half, or 4th quarter.

This applies across the board to every single position, but of course, you could set different benchmarks for each.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

So hey this is hilarious right here, how is it possible I had the best overall defense in this league & the best pass D? Especially when I gave up enormous volumes of yards to the CPU over the first half of the season? I'm genuinely befuddled.
When you turn the ball over and leave short fields for us, we can't get as many yards on you.

:boom:

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I was assuming this dynasty would die off after this season, so I'm going to bow out of this onr. Didn't recruit this season at all

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Well...it just did.

E: Funny because I'm considering leaving the ACC soon.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

When you turn the ball over and leave short fields for us, we can't get as many yards on you.

:boom:

You got me there.

This is probably true I had an atrocious turnover margin. My QB threw for 3600 yards and 37 TDs, but I also tossed 26 INTs lol

e: The freshman thing I have started in the ACC, but wasn't able to this year I'm just so annoyed at how they coded it to make that almost an inevitability.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

You got me there.

This is probably true I had an atrocious turnover margin. My QB threw for 3600 yards and 37 TDs, but I also tossed 26 INTs lol
I was just busting your balls, I didn't know if you had a lot of turnovers or not. :) Seemed like the most likely explanation for that, though!

I just invited a random guy to the dynasty, gave him a link to GroupMe. That'll fill us out at 12 players, at least until I find out if I'm kicking Ole Miss and Mizzou from the dynasty (still no word from either of them in forever). We'll see how that plays out.

Still advancing us tonight, so get your players leaving stuff done!

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

r2a

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Advancing to off-season in the next 5 minutes..

edit - we're there. 24 hours til the next advance.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 6, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
ZSB, Wreckus - you've got about 6-8 hours to get your off-season recruiting done, then we're advancing. If you need an extension lemme know ASAP.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'm getting it done now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Cletus, I think the next stage should be Position Changes. You can skip over Signing Day or whatever.

• Locked thread