Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Fwiw we revolted about the Heisman level vs CPUs when this dynasty started. I still don't recommend it as it makes the game infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I look forward to seeing what this respectably rated team is about and if they can be less sorry as poo poo on defense.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I have determined they are not any less sorry on defense despite the increase ratings across the board. Got a boss senior MLB again though, but we still can't stop a wet rag of piss.

Prb gonna lose to Oklahoma lol

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

We play next week, hopefully I can avenge that loss from last year.

I guess we'll see maybe the computer was just loving with me, but chances are high you should steam roll me. I'll have to hope for a scoring explosion on my part to get ahead and try to stay ahead.

e: THERE WAS DEFENSE AGAINST OKLAHOMA. Also I tried stat padding and chucked like 3 ints in the final 2 minutes ooops.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 19, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

ADVANCED TO WEEK 3

User Games
#1 LSU (cletus420) @ #5 Tenn (ZSB)
#4 Florida (Dio) @ #10 Mizzou (GroupMe)

Bye - SCar

ZSB, when can you play?

Probably sometime this weekend, but I'm not sure exactly when. Sunday mornings are usually a safe bet.

e: Vols choke in the 4th throwing 3 picks one for 6 to lose 54-36 when it was 28-27 with a minute left in the 3rd. Defense was as expected trash, and I just pressed too hard at the end. Had a chance but cletus snuffed it out with a perfect passing day.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 21, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Offense is potent, I should have stuck to running options and playing conservative like I usually do. Alas.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

From after our game last season:

So thanks for not playing conservatively. :)

That game was like a firestorm, and that's ulimately what did me in this game. I burned you on deep passes repeatedly in that game, but was got picked 3 times on deep passes this game. It was literally the difference.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

You know what this means Dio, time for you to grasp victory then watch as I take it from you at the end! Alternatively my team will not score enough and lose in a shoot out. Have to see when we can fit it in because I've got a bachelor party this weekend that's going to eat my weekend.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

I took today off from work if you're around for some reason. Otherwise I don't know when I'll be available other than like Friday evening

Prb won't be able to until next Monday honestly. Sorry guys, got a busy weekend starting tomorrow.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Not today, Wednesday has potential.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

Okay, we're waiting on y'all now, so if you can knock it out tomorrow that'd be great.

Also, you have a game against CPU Oregon the following week. I think you said you were going out of town Thursday? I'll be around to advance us after y'all play, in case you want to try to play that game too before you leave. (though I know you've got games to play all around right now, so no biggie)

Almost certainly will not have time, but I appreciate the opportunity. If I lose in a sim so be it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Let me know about this evening. My GF is really really not going to want me to play tonight, but I can try to make it happen.

I mean if it can't happen I can accept a sim. It'd prb need to be later tonight like 1030+ CT

Our SEC games are usually our most competitive, so I'd like to play it, but if it won't work out oh well. I'm also short on time this week what with travel etc.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Definitely can't start that late even if I wanted. I'm usually dead tired by that time. I'm willing to wait but don't want to gently caress up the pace of the league

I am of course always willing to wait.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

I'd of course rather you guys play. I don't think we'll lose anyone over waiting, though it will be getting close to 2 weeks between advances. Will y'all definitely be able to play right away when ZSB gets back?

I am not sure about how much of a guarantee I can make about Monday night or Tuesday. Certainly by next Wed, but I'll understand if I have to take this L.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio, can we knock it out earlier Wed evening like 5 or 6 CT?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

That is my preference since I'm EST. I'll be home and ready by 4pm CST

I'll be online as soon as I can get home. See ya tomorrow.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

If they've finally killed it let us know haha

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio I'm gonna aim to be back home @ 530 central and will hop right on.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Dio, man I dunno dude. That one got away from you, down 14-31 at the half (following a late pick & score) I felt sure I was sunk. 3rd quarter included 2 turnovers and 21 Vols points scored which would be all I'd need. Tack on a 4th quarter bit of insurance and the final of 42-31 happened. I don't feel like I deserved that one, but I'll take it.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Still fails in all the dynasties for me, ive reset the router and I've never had a port forwarding issue with this before.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Maybe give me another day to try and sort it out, but then yeah that's prb worth a shot.

I haven't even looked at the ACC to see if anything is possible there.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I want to try and play my game tonight or tomorrow morning since the other dynasties are working again for me. If it fails then I guess we'll have to try an advance I dunno or whatever just sim it I don't really care.

e: I don't care anymore do whatever.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 16, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Just wasted an hour playing this game only to have it unable to load the file and require me to quit the dynasty losing all data.

IT COULD BE THE END GUYS.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Tried playing my game last night, poo poo was all jacked up will try again today.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols are G2G, team is coming together now as the season goes on. My defensive numbers are slowly coming back to mediocre, and the offense has been solid if not quite as explosive as I'd like. These awesome WRs still can't consistently take the top off/the computer cheats and always plays deep guys on long pass routes.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I guess we can try and play this sometime tomorrow? Maybe?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Actually, I can play now and up until 10am. Want to give it a go?

Well I just got up so I guess I missed the window. Sorry man, pick an evening and I can make time.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols basically do everything you need to to lose a game. More turnovers than take aways, gave up huge rushing #s, no pressure on the QB. Had plenty of chances, couldn't get it done down to another #1 I go.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols get it done against an Alabama squad that prb would have cleaned up shop on me had JCrowe been not on AP. 38-24 thanks to some solid passing & acceptable rushing totals. Defense is still largely a sieve just about every way, but they've gotten better at stiffening up in the RZ.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I really at this point don't care, recruiting is a total after thought anyway so resetting this is just a way to give everyone a clean slate until we dominate the top 5 for every decent recruit again. I personally prefer we stick with what's running because everyone has been in the spectre of ruined seasons from sims, but I guess I'll float mostly with what we want to do. If we do start a new one, HC's need to start at Lvl 20. I don't want to slog through recruiting etc with no coach points again. For me the game gets actually interesting once its recruited players which is almost to where we are.

Prefer we stick it out, will tag along for whatever at least to start.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I've been gone. I'll hit up the GroupMe and see if Mizzou surfaces and if that's a no go then I'll just knock it out. I probably won't join the other league if this one is going to keep trucking. I'm really not trying to add more of this game to my plate honestly. I barely have time for what we do already.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols clean up on Mizzou a lot to a little. My two starting WRs are finally finding traction and racking up multi TD 100 yard games. Hurd was hurt, but other dudes picked up the slack. Let's see if I can hang around to sneak into the BCS title game with 2 losses.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

As of yet no sign of Vandy in the GroupMe.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Vols over Vandy 42-21. It was tied 21-21 at the half, but the Vols nabbed momentum by getting a muffed punt recovery and scored 1 play later when it appeared Vandy would have about 1.5 mins to score before the half. I scored with the opening possession of the 2nd half, twice more in the 3rd quarter following INTs and then I bled out the clock in the 4th. My qb Rush had 2 huge 70+ yard runs in the game which also helped me put some pressure on Vandy. On my way to a 10-2 regular season hopefully to land myself in a BCS bowl title or otherwise.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Aight, I'll def have it done by the weekend's conclusion.

e: Vols roll time to see how it shakes out. I think if Kentucky had had its user (same with Mizzou) I'd have 2 more losses. I will hopefully skate my way into the BCS title game only to lose to one of you two again since I have never fared well in NCG rematches where I'd lost already. I personally don't get how you can generate the DL & WR stats Mizzou accumulated though.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 29, 2015

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

BCS BOWL BITCHES, also I always root for digital VT so hooray for them.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKxAeeaB8JI

Tackling isn't my strong suit - ZSB can attest to this lol

On most of these plays (option/dive) it's less that you're spotty at tackling (because I think we all can be), its more that you play the safety so provided you can get beyond your first tackle you've now usually removed deep help from making a follow up play. Often those big plays happened because you took the safety from deep coverage and left open field behind you imo.

High risk, high reward playing as the safety. Big reason why I really stick with the front 4 until I have to make a tackle beyond the LOS. I'd probably be a more effective player if I learned to switch and use my LBs once I read a run.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

End of Season WRAP UP

Final Rankings
#1 LSU
#3 Tennessee
#4 South Carolina

#1 Defense - Tenn allowing 4,273 yards
#1 Pass Defense - Tenn allowing 2,633 yards

So hey this is hilarious right here, how is it possible I had the best overall defense in this league & the best pass D? Especially when I gave up enormous volumes of yards to the CPU over the first half of the season? I'm genuinely befuddled.

I also find it hilarious that I lost to both #1 #4 and didn't end up behind them with more losses.

I'm p comfortable with our divisions unless a lot of the group me folks aren't going to keep playing with us. I want to request that VT not be on our schedules since they finished #2 I want to see how well the CPU can do with them next year hahaha

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

gently caress that. Give me VT.

BOOOOOOO

also :lol:

I want you guys to know I love playing this game with you all I hope they never kill it.

ONCE AGAIN A FRESHMAN LEAVES FOR PLAYING TIME WHEN THEY WERE ON THE VERGE OF STARTING loving gently caress THIS GAME SOMETIMES.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

When you turn the ball over and leave short fields for us, we can't get as many yards on you.

:boom:

You got me there.

This is probably true I had an atrocious turnover margin. My QB threw for 3600 yards and 37 TDs, but I also tossed 26 INTs lol

e: The freshman thing I have started in the ACC, but wasn't able to this year I'm just so annoyed at how they coded it to make that almost an inevitability.

• Locked thread