Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which fight are you most excited for?
This poll is closed.
Pettis/RDA 31 26.27%
WMMA belt 11 9.32%
Hendricks/Brown 42 35.59%
Nelson/Reem 34 28.81%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Barnburner right here.

So does Roy have a clause where he can't be the only sad-looking fat bastard on the card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
This sure is a Rosholt fight

cams
Mar 28, 2003

don't have fight pass so this is my first fight of the night

i wanna take a nap

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

PaganGoatPants posted:

baby pettis got kicked in the rear end

https://vine.co/v/O9LuWu0Fu5U

lol cool

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Yeah knee tap is deffo a term that cornerman made up.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Meowbot posted:

I love whow the excuse was just I got into the fight

Even if you are INTO the fight, at any point of the fight do you think "I will lay a swift kick int o this mans rear end" rather than mounting some sort of capable offense? :ohdear:

It really was a dumb thing to do, like why did he do it? does he even know. Into the fight is not an excuse. (since the fight was over)

much like everything else...it happened after he was repeatedly being punched in the head for 8 mins. You're brain isnt all there.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
copeland was the better fighter but lost the round, classic stuff

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Making this the first prelim as opposed to any of the fight night ones was a terrible decision.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Fork of Unknown Origins posted:

Making this the first prelim as opposed to any of the fight night ones was a terrible decision.

Actually, televised bumfights are great ratings grabbers.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

K8.0 posted:

Yeah knee tap is deffo a term that cornerman made up.

He's referring to the fact that when Laimon says "knee tap" he's not actually calling for a kneetap, it means something else. Laimon's done that for years, it's meant to confuse the opponent's corner. A dude I knew trained at Cobra Kai back when Laimon still ran it, and whenever he did tournaments with Laimon cornering he said Laimon yelling "Pull guard!" was his signal to hit an uchi-mata.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

BOOOOOOO!!!

Yep.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Meowbot posted:

I love whow the excuse was just I got into the fight

Even if you are INTO the fight, at any point of the fight do you think "I will lay a swift kick int o this mans rear end" rather than mounting some sort of capable offense? :ohdear:

It really was a dumb thing to do, like why did he do it? does he even know. Into the fight is not an excuse. (since the fight was over)

so you're some guy trying to make his way in the fight game. your next opponent is a wheaties box champion's brother. he has better sponsors than you, is getting paid way more than you. vegas, along with your bosses, and the rest of the world, are telling you you're going to get your rear end brutally kicked. this happens for several minutes. then you finally land a sweet punch and start murdering this guy. the ref isn't stopping it because he's been told by vegas that this can't be happening. eventually, he reluctantly separates you.

Hexum
Jul 23, 2003

this looks every night at the pool tables in any bar in indiana

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

It's like he's punching through molasses here.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's not looking good for the good man josh copeland

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the justin wren whisper yell pep talk

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I would be quite happy to never see these guys fight again

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

This is very sad.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

hm maybe i was wrong about liking mma

dont know what to believe

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:
Heavyweights are just drunken bar fights.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

knee on the belly holy poo poo this is now a fight

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Blatant shots to the back of the head but hey it is over.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
why joe silva, why

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Kevin Spacy's having none of it

Also it is Always Funny to see Copeland get hosed up (this is based on only two examples)

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
please put rosholt against good fighters so they can kick his rear end off my television thank you

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

knee on the belly for move of the night

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

On one hand, thank god that fight is over, but on the other Jared is now 'for real', a 'finisher' and a 'real animal' for the next 2-5 fights

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

DoombatINC posted:

Also it is Always Funny to see Copeland get hosed up (this is based on only two examples)

you are a monster who has taken the wrong lesson from this wonderful man's fights

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
Heavyweights

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

you are a monster who has taken the wrong lesson from this wonderful man's fights

They are a joyous celebration of falling over and not giving a gently caress

POTATO IN MY ANUS
May 23, 2012

23 year old man.

just tried (unsuccessfully) to suck my own dick.

I think I need a break from the internet.
was going to by the card at home but my cable box took a poo poo yesterday. has anyone bought on PS3 or phone/chromecast? I remember buying on my Xbox 360 a few years ago but the quality was subpar

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i dislike jarod rosholt

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Having trained in the same gym as both Heavy Weight legends and B league heavy weight fighters brought in to simulate various heavy fighters, I have watched that fight a millon times and really appreciate the HW division, that dump take down was amazing.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Bundt Cake posted:

i dislike jarod rosholt

I like his titties and his fight camp TEAM TAKE DOWN NO 1

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

PaganGoatPants posted:

lol

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
Man, Dariush vs. Cruickshank is such a good matchup for both fighters. I think this is gonna be FOTN.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

dang cruickshank couldn't drop that last pound at the weighins?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

wtf cruickshanks looks fat

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
These guys are pretty cool fight guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Dariush is pretty good