Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
In eighth grade I knew we were going to watch a video so before class I moved the coax from the VCR from Input to Output where it plugged into the TV. The teacher was a bald old man and he broke a sweat trying to figure it out, couldn't, asked for help, whereupon I volunteered and somehow diagnosed the problem. It's been downhill for me ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

vug posted:

for some reason all this thread is making me think about is the sheet of little stickers of letters of the alphabet and numbers that came with blank vhs tapes

what were you actually meant to do with them? you couldn't write words with them because there was only one of each letter unless you bought the tapes in bulk and pooled all the stickers maybe

I taped a Back to the Future movie off TBS and used those stickers to put 88 on the cassette.

That's my story, thanks for reading.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
All the cellphones were huge and attached to the wall with like cable or some poo poo it was pretty wild

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

Infidel Castro posted:

Generational labeling is loving retarded. I'm just about 30 and I'm part of the same generation as a loving 16-year-old shithead who I have nothing in common with. Now I know how late-generation boomers feel.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Infidel Castro posted:

Generational labeling is loving retarded. I'm just about 30 and I'm part of the same generation as a loving 16-year-old shithead who I have nothing in common with. Now I know how late-generation boomers feel.

the truth is 30 somethings aren't that much different from 16-year old shitheads and the only real diff is that we have drivers licenses and debt.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Pirating movies was a lot more satisfying when you had to use two linked VCRs (plus two VHS tapes, obviously) to do it, rather than any odd computing device with an Internet connection.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Do teenage boys make spotify playlists for girls they like nowadays?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Quote-Unquote posted:

Do teenage boys make spotify playlists for boys they like nowadays?

Fixed

Redkist
Mar 5, 2005
Fonkay fressh!
Yall old

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

az posted:

^^ 1984 represent

we are better people than you newbs

sean price
Sep 30, 2011

by Lowtax
ok

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

What if you were born in the 80s but can't remember any farther back than 1991 (1988)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
I was pro tier vhs and once tried to combine a BASF T-120 tape with some T-90 tape it was killer except it took about a day to rewind and almost burnt out the vcr I think it eventually snapped the tape. But I needed to record my Sonic the hedgehog

• Locked thread