Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
No thread, and I'm on my phone so this is going to be a crappy opening post. There are games, watch them and talk about them here.

GO CAPITALS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
GLENCROSS!!!!!!!!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's 5 games on tonight and none of them are on a normal channel that I get.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Sceviour literally just skated around the outside of the zone from the goal line extended to the opposite top corner before firing that in. That was comical.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Great first period for dallas, they dominated the possession game 5 on 5 for good stretches and are well deserving of the lead.

They need to keep off that PK though... and maybe figure out how to prevent even the easy chip in shots from Washington that Lehtonen is sure to bobble.

**on that point, I have no idea why Enroth isn't playing tonight

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Sup from Caps-Stars. Caps playing mostly like crap unfortunately.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Caps need to wake the gently caress up and quit sucking during first periods.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Did Condra just play 1:56 of that PK?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Clayton Stoner is bad

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Ottawa and Dallas are just getting my hopes up before giving me a harsh sack tap

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
gently caress. So it's gonna be one of those nights isn't it.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Capitals gonna Capital

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Gunjin posted:

gently caress. So it's gonna be one of those nights isn't it.

I'm honestly not sure what's going on for us either, our powerplay is usually somewhere between poop and a dumpster fire. :psyduck:

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Other than the goal this sure looks like an Ottawa Second Period

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Dallas is just setting me up

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm honestly not sure what's going on for us either, our powerplay is usually somewhere between poop and a dumpster fire. :psyduck:

The Stars were 2nd in the entire league last year (2013-14) at PP shot rate. They were excellent at getting into the zone, moving the puck, and getting shots to the net. This year their big problem has been not being able to gain the attacking blue line on the power play. If they can get that sorted out (and it seems like they've made progress on it) they're no reason their PP wouldn't go back to being amazing. They have the offensive weapons to score.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Starsfan posted:

The Stars were 2nd in the entire league last year (2013-14) at PP shot rate. They were excellent at getting into the zone, moving the puck, and getting shots to the net. This year their big problem has been not being able to gain the attacking blue line on the power play. If they can get that sorted out (and it seems like they've made progress on it) they're no reason their PP wouldn't go back to being amazing. They have the offensive weapons to score.

This is true. I'm just used to the PP of months ago of "somehow gain the zone, pass a lot, give up the puck, repeat".

E: holy gently caress that's a loud "ref you suck" :stare:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While the game is still in hand for the Stars (no lead is safe for them, mind you), allow me to get this out of the way:

Washington...........crapitals????????

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Lol, poor Leafs

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

hahahahaha god drat Hemsky fell rear end backwards into that one

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Starsfan posted:

hahahahaha god drat Hemsky fell rear end backwards into that one

That poo poo was only loving hilarious because it still worked out

also god bless your face, Vern Fiddler :swoon:

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

sorry boys, but 4-1, time to switch to the big 12 tourny

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

oh my god Washington might actualyl slip out of a playoff spot

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Dumba you idiot.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Levitate posted:

dude you're like 8 points up on Florida and Ottawa. Those teams might not collect 8 points from here to the end of the year. I think you're safe.

Brennan
Jan 18, 2005

Levitate posted:

Caps couldn't let the Wizards out choke them

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
The Leafs were given a five minute power play and gave up two shorthanded goals.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo, the Flames just scored twice on the same Toronto PP

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

The Leafs are the worst team I've watched all year holy poo poo.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Toronto Maple Leafs: :unsmigghh:

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
You know how sometimes guys do dirty things, but don't get suspended because they rule the major was enough punishment? This doesn't seem like one of those times.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

The Leafs were given a five minute power play and gave up two shorthanded goals.

I'm not sure if that's more or less fundamentally Leafs than them drafting a goalie over McDavid in the current be-a-pro thing going on.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Levitate posted:

They've had a couple poo poo games, but they're still pretty securely in a playoff spot. I mean, they could pull a 2007 Mets, but I don't think so.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
the best team in the nhl? you guessed it; the ottawa senators

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Washington Capitals resorting to being punk bitches. Yeah man, you guys are losing pretty bad, I'd probably do the same.:allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

If y'all could avoid trying to kill our players on Friday the 13th (given our history) that'd be swell. :argh:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Shinjobi posted:

Washington Capitals resorting to being punk bitches. Yeah man, you guys are losing pretty bad, I'd probably do the same.:allears:

did it involve Tom Wilson

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Maybe Tom Wilson should learn how to throw a legal body check.

Clown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Wilson is turning into quite the waste of a draft pick.

• Locked thread