Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

Like RockSmith 1 you could pretend to be Jack Bruce or Flea for one song each.

The song list in 2014 is fine though there is literally less than 5 songs I'd be genuinely interested in learning to play and maybe 3 different DLC packs entice me. As long as I can get Rebel Rebel from the first game I'd be pleased enough. Finding out about all the custom DLC that exists is pretty cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Knocking on Heaven's Door, Machinehead, Everlong, The Trooper, Satch Boogie, You really got me, Heart Shaped box, Every breath you take, We are the champions, Paint it black, my generation. Those are the songs, at a glance, I'd want to learn from 2014, but I'd probably like others once going through.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

On the subject of My Generation, I'm going to see the Who on Sunday and I have a front row seat. :smuggo:

It does mean I'm going to be slightly less available from Sunday morning to Monday night, though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

That is 21!

I need to finish writing role PMs still (womp womp) but I will try to have the game up tomorrow or Thursday.

I know, Ecco promises are like grains of dust in a wind, but, it is the truthtimes 24/7!

Halfway through Wednesday, Ecco.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Just for that I'm going to eat a lot of pasta and take a nap.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Jedit posted:

On the subject of My Generation, I'm going to see the Who on Sunday and I have a front row seat. :smuggo:

It does mean I'm going to be slightly less available from Sunday morning to Monday night, though.

Saw them in Paris in VIP :swoon: cause my father-in-law is a journalist. Anyway, they're a lot of fun on stage and the songs still sound good. They don't quite move as much but that can be forgiven. McCartney is another really great old rocker to see.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, the Who would be great. Oldest band I've seen live was Deep Purple and they still got it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, the Who would be great. Oldest band I've seen live was Deep Purple and they still got it.

I'm seeing the Purps in December too. :D Third time I've seen them live, first time in an arena though and first time since Jon Lord retired. I also saw the Kinks on their last live tour in 1994 - that was a great show.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

Just for that I'm going to eat a lot of pasta and take a nap.

Good idea, carb up so you can power through all night and get them out

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Jedit posted:

I'm seeing the Purps in December too. :D Third time I've seen them live, first time in an arena though and first time since Jon Lord retired. I also saw the Kinks on their last live tour in 1994 - that was a great show.

I saw them in 2010 and they were still good then.

I've since stopped going to shows since around 2011. I'll go to smaller shows if the local bands I like are playing. But they haven't had anything on the radar for a while. I'm a bit done with arena shows and standing for hours on end - so that rules out a lot of bands I like.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Amoeba102 posted:

I saw them in 2010 and they were still good then.

I've since stopped going to shows since around 2011. I'll go to smaller shows if the local bands I like are playing. But they haven't had anything on the radar for a while. I'm a bit done with arena shows and standing for hours on end - so that rules out a lot of bands I like.

You could dance. It's what I do. It's like standing except you're moving at the same time.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Not much space for dancing beyond moshing.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
So I have good news and bad news! The good news is I was talking today about mafia with a friend (I never talk about this kind of stuff with people irl because I have shame and masquerade as a well-adjusted adult), and she seemed super interested in how there can be more to the game than just playing cards, so I am excited to show her this game as an example of its potential.

The bad news is something you all already knew and I mean I am disappointed in me a little but come on I'm still me, and I really perhaps shouldn't have opened a game a week before moving across the world but what can you do what's done is done such is life we are all dust in the wind.

I am doing a cram-sesh all night to get as much done as I can, and my social calendar for friday is totally empty so I will spend all then cramming too :toot:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Where are you moving to and from, roughly?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Between 4000 km and 6000 km from wherever I currently am to wherever I am going.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That is nowhere near halfway around the world!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I said across the world! Technically if you walk a few feet you have gone across some of the world.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Technicalities. Actually, if you said you were going across the country, that's pretty much what I was planning on saying. Something like "If you consider that across the world, then so is walking across the room".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lies Ecco has told
-March 13th
-Thursday
-Across the world

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Now it's safe to lie in the role PMs since they are predicated on lies anyway. Make me a suicidal death miller but tell me I'm like some sort of BP Brutal Cop.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Alright I am going to get a warmup game ready for you guys, to tide you over until I eventually start the game.

Centuries ago, the Livireen was ruled by King Alvarez the Cruel. While the King's Assassins predate him by a dynasty or two, Alvarez gave them their reputation for ruthlessness. He ordered his assassins to roam the kingdom, cutting down anyone even suspected of harboring ill-will towards the throne. However, he made the biggest mistake a king like him could do - he tried to stiff the assassins of their just recompense for their hard work. The assassins revolted, and the king went into hiding in his own court, working with his closest allies to have the assassins stopped before the king lost his head.

A Minigame has begun:
:orks101: The Trial of King Alvarez the Cruel :orks101:

To participate, type ##play. It needs at least 3 players but can have as many as 21. Though I will begin the game once three players have joined up, players are free to join in whenever they like - the setup will adapt organically for each new player who participates.

Enjoy!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##play

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

##play

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##play

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##play

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
A Game is Afoot!

:h: 4 alive, 3 votes to execute.

Current player list:
- Amoeba102
- AnonymousNarcotics
- imgay
- Somberbrero

Remember anyone who is signed up for Madriu can join any time by typing ##play!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What do you reckon, wait for more people to come or just play this as is?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##play?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Seems pretty easy with so few people.

##vote somber

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

5 people is a lot safer.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Asiina has joined!

- Amoeba
- Anonnarco
- Asiina
- imgay
- Somber

Alright cool and break!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Asiina, what do you think?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think Somber smells like poop.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well, should we ##vote Somber then?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Somber

Is it a rolling start if the turbo is complete?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Somber, turboed before the game even starts.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Hey I am going to focus on writing actual-game PMs and falling asleep; carrot: if someone is hammered, I am going to honor system that they post their flip themselves so night can go forward a little more quickly. Thanks :love:

And stick: if you do not post your correct flip when executed I will punish you in the main game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ugh. you guys suck.

Somber, Vanilla, king-aligned was executed day 1.
Night actions! Feel free to post at night.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Man somber, why didn't you claim?

ur the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah and Imgay was lurking all day.

• Locked thread