Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I am playing this game. I will never vote no dunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

"Deadline is for Monday at 11PM EST!"

"Meinberg was hammered Monday at 8:47PM EST. New deadline: Tuesday, 8:47PM EST."

"Dr. Hurt was hammered Tuesday, 4:46PM EST. New deadline: Wednesday, 4:46AM EST."

"Asiina was hammered Tuesday, 5:16PM EST. New deadline: Tuesday, 11:16PM EST."

"Town has voted to no-hang/it is 11:16PM EST and nobody has enough votes to execute."

:s: Meinberg, Town Vanilla, executed. Dr. Hurt, Town Doctor, executed. Asiina, Serial Killer, executed. :s:"

But if deadline is Monday at 11 PM and we hammer at, say, Sunday 1 PM
is new deadline Monday 1 PM?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

So how can you promise Friday will be part of day one?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lies Ecco has told
-March 13th
-Thursday
-Across the world

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

My role pm says i'm vt.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is marine première ministre yet

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ninja: nvm im dumb

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

Did anyone catch this?

i thought the game hadn't started

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

if ernie doesn't actually have a way to kill or hunt for the doctor and cop, he's basically vt

but we can't trust him if he says he doesn't :-/

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

Do you think Ernie is serious in his claim, yes or no?

what part of my post makes you think i don't?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the role as claimed isn't necessarily anti-town, and i'm not in a rush to turbo someone a few hours into d1

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what's he going to do, lead a dunk on a claimed cop?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

you just said there was no way of knowing if he had any powers to compliment the role.

if he has powers to complement the role, it's anti-town

if he doesn't, it's not necessarily anti-town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm not 3p

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

##unvote, ##vote: Pinterest Mom

I could handwave the white noise, but jumping on ernie while using semantics and hypotheticals to avoid tying yourself to his case is just too much for me. I want ernie to explain himself, especially seeing the parallels between his role here and a previous Ecco game, but in the meanwhile Mom is just as good a player to vote for.

Pinterest, assuming Ernie is truthful as you say, what do you think should be done about him?

To be clear, you think I'm scum? I don't see an alignment call here, but you say I'm as good a player to vote for as the 3p claim who needs the cop/doctor dead to win?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

I think you are acting weird and are now trying to dodge questions by pushing against ernie without, again, committing to him.

It's definitely not pro-town behavior.

Still don't see an alignment call~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

QuoProQuid posted:

By definition, if you are not pro-town, you are either scum or third party. While Ernie at least has the possible defense that he was joking, you're posts embody the type of standard low-content scumminess that should be pursued.

So, I'm going to ask you again what exactly your position on Ernie is. You've said that you believe his claim, but that he shouldn't be lynched, because while he might have related abilities, he cannot be trusted. What is the benefit of keeping around a player that relies on killing town power roles? What are you trying to accomplish?

I haven't said I believe his claim and I haven't said he shouldn't be dunked though?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah, QPQ reads to me like scum who is jumping on a townie and trying to get him dunked for a few awkward posts.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You asked if I took the claim seriously (i.e. if I thought it was a joke claim). I said I did. That's not the same as believing it. There's no contradiction.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

You asked if I took the claim seriously (i.e. if I thought it was a joke claim). I said I did. That's not the same as believing it. There's no contradiction.

and, actually, you asked if I took the claim seriously in response to a post that only made sense if I didn't think the claim was a joke.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Why necessarily? Executing a 3P wastes our only kill opportunity and doesn't advance our goal to eliminate the scum. I know that 3P can go and may often side with the scum, but this early on they're as much a threat if not more so to them than they are to us since we still have a huge numerical advantage.

this is a ~lights out~ game we can dunk as many people in a day as we want

EccoRaven posted:

------- :siren: SPECIAL GAME RULES :siren: -------
This game's executions will be in the Lights Out format. Upon the first player reaching enough votes to be executed, the deadline will change to 24 hours from hammer. Upon the second execution, the deadline will again reset to 12 hours from hammer. Then 6 hours, then 3 hours, and so on in that fashion. When a deadline is reached without a majority vote, or when the town hammers ##no hang, the day will end, all executed players will be flipped, and night will begin.

killing a benign 3p doesn't keep us from killing more people, but does get scum a bit closer to their wincon.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

In retrospect, Ernie's use of the word "controversial" when claiming makes it pretty clear that he was referring something that had already happened and not making a serious claim.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Including me? :v:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opopanax posted:

Fair enough ##vote anon

Anon has played a single-digit number of games, saying D1 is useless isn't a reason to vote for her.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Are you explaining Keane's own joke back at him?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This is an odd + unnecessary time to softclaim.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'd expect "after any kind of pressure at all", at a minimum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Real chat: how is not voting the claimed 3p not the immediate move here?

Do we have an actual claimed 3p? I think I missed that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Aren't there three red flags in four words in "town aligned elite bodyguard" :allears:

##vote numerrik

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

that's not the town alignment name
revolutionaries don't have elite bodyguards, kings do
bodyguards don't seek out and kill people

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

huh
i win when scum all eliminated and my alignment isn't called town

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm not sure i should claim it, it might be important

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

okay it's up to you

didn't you think it was strange that no one else noticed that 'town-aligned' was said?

i thought you and qpq's reactions were consistent with noticing it :shobon:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i think it's sketch that num has claimed both a bodyguard and a nk

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Ninth Layer posted:

Elite bodyguards kill anyone attempting to nightkill their target, at least as far as I remember.

oh, i guess he doesn't explicitly claim that his kill is something he proactively does. ##unvote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh my god somber this semantic argument isn't important.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

Hey PMom, wanna talk about your specific alignment name?

Not really. It's not "town", but I couldn't tell from my role pm that it wasn't the default town alignment name.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

Fair enough.

Do you think it's odd that you didn't get grilled / tunneled as hard as numerrik?
You'd have to ask Somber if that's odd.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm not trying to "gotcha" you. I'm asking you to reflect on merk and Somber.

I was answering in a roundabout way. Somber is very concerned with the semantics of pro-town vs actual "town-it-says-Town-in-your-role-pm", and he's ignoring the guy who claims an alignment with a town wincon but with an alignment name different from Town. I don't know what that means for Somber's alignment, though, and I don't know that it's particularly scummy - I would expect Scumber to be jumping on me for this, but I would also expect town Somber to hound me, so idk.

Merk I'm having trouble making sense of at all and I don't have as good a grasp on his play style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm feeling imgay for scum. Soft claiming this early might be bad play, but it's not scummy.

##vote imgay

• Locked thread