Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Hey guys, I'm planning on doing some tweaks to GiP over the next coming week or so. Nothing major will be changing but things might get shuffled around/renamed.

A few of the things I'm looking into are:
1.) Redoing the rules thread.
2.) Looking into ways of making resource threads more manageable.
3.) Rebooting the "ask a cop" thread to get it back towards its original purpose
4.) Rebooting the drunk thread into more of a general lounge thread (don't worry, drunk thread-style posting will still be permitted)

I'm also curious about what you all think. What are some ideas you all have for GiP? Anything you'd like to see done? I'm planning on bringing back sniper month in May but I'm open to doing some other gimmick stuff as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

gip idiot kings would be a fun thing.
redirecting the gip current event threads to a SA coupons thread would be ideal too.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Ditto on idiot king. That poo poo would be gold.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

USMC503 posted:

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
i would probate everyone and then post all by myself for six hours.

think about what you are suggesting.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I second idiot king.

I have no ideas or complaints. You're doing a fine job letting us psychopaths have an internet home.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

USMC503 posted:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I'm not sure that we as a sub have enough regulars to make IK's worthwhile or funny (trust me, probating Cole gets boring eventually) but it's something I will run up the flagpole :)

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Consolidating some of the stickies. We have 11 and it's pushing some of the other threads off the first page sooner.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Yeah, the stickies are taking up close to half of the first page.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yeah, the stickies are taking up close to half of the first page.

Actually yeah. Off the top of my head, the Veteran benefits and education benefits stickies could easily go together.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Make me King of the Idiots TIA

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Free shim

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Oh poo poo I'm off probation.

Serious suggestion: Bronies are Haram and their autistic cousins the Anime Fans and 3/5ths of the USAF thread should be on hair trigger probation alert.

Oh and at some point we should probably transition towards the right side of history re: Trannies but we better get a Mathewina Sheppard out of this deviancy if I gotta seriously start biting my loving tongue around those freaks.

They gotta pay they due to even stay on that bottom rung of the human order or I say its it's time the trannies went back to the African Highlands I imagine they came from with a couple of gallons of freshly melted steel bed cooked with jet fuel, Toby.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

probating Cole gets boring eventually

That's exactly why you gotta delegate.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

No tannies are still forbidden imo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
N4I my vets/resource megathread is old and outdated but I'm happy to rewrite it and post a smaller version within the vets/benefits thread, whatever that ends up looking like. There are still a lot of important nonprofits, community groups and resources, etc. for veterans which arr worth outlining.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

USMC503 posted:

No tannies are still forbidden imo

Agreed imho but as much as I hate them there is just always going to be more of them now that they're apparently actually getting married and adopting and procreating sometimes.

Think of GiP like a small island in the Caribbean where an eccentric billionaire BDSM aficionado has revived dinosaurs using science and hand waves and Jewry.

After Jeff Goldblum doesn't show enough pre Independence Day man tit fatty drops the Barbasol can, mud started piling up.. You know the deal.

Even if jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough to melt steel trannies still gonna tranny, and now those clever girls are out there in the wild not being Apex Predatored out of our little global village because power hungry activist friend of the family Uhh.. colored county judges want to say possession of 16 grams means your slanging green and not just slowing down your smoke game and then Welp now I gotta take 5 different psychiatric pills and go to meetings and be actively seeking gainful employment and trannies are still gonna tranny no matter what, and my efforts to put that toothpaste back in the tube then back into an opaque bag and further in the closet than next years Christmas presents and Lowtax's sexuality have all failed..

Well what I really mean is that I can take 3 and half Ambien, slam it with a 50/50 vodka 5 hour energy drink mix in a 32 oz Gatorade bottle, and here it is loving Thursday and I'm off probation early for some reason thank Allah.

Ps that drink mix is called the "12 hour kidnergy drink" as it all but induces renal failure, and I piss neon for days after this.

Tripping baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawls.

I have another serious suggestion N4I: Keep you as CC around here and Ill be the CV and only waste time handling the complaints of the outsiders of GiP who report in. I'm flexible on the outing users of the report button, I just want a free hand to bedazzle some really retarded outsiders rap sheets when they report. I even just said retarded instead of gay bc I recently learned through Wanda Sykes that my use of your sexuality to describe everything terrible in this world is "Not cool" because I seriously wanted to say the Faggot Word but thumbed over to the R's and retarded instead to showcase my interpersonal diplomatic skills and fair hand towards your kind. :colbert:

P.S.: True believers know Ozmadans approved puppets are apostates in the GiPaliph and its harem as gently caress to submit to any other than the prophet. So GG loving up the GiPiphate by taking your eye off the ball to put your mouth on a set of different balls... Must be what happened since we got Bronies in the open wearing Hunter orange and you haven't bagged a big bad buck Brony like Wasabi yet.

:colbert:

Also I'm not serious about all that but can we enforce Bronies being harem?

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I will probate EVERYONE. It will be glorious.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
id probate myself

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Fart Sandwiches posted:

id probate myself
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Make me the IK so I can give myself free avatars moderate the drunkthread to cause whining

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

IK's can't give AVs just probations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Master Bateman posted:

IK's can't give AVs just probations.

Don't steal my dream from me fucker

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A Kpro posted:

Consolidating some of the stickies. We have 11 and it's pushing some of the other threads off the first page sooner.

the bottom thread on the first page for me is two weeks old.

if you haven't read it in two weeks, it's probably safe to say you won't bother later.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Idiot Kings would be great.

Also, is making monthly branch threads still really needed? I'd honestly prefer just having an annual one like the drunk thread.

The Quick Questions thread can probably be Old Yeller'd, as no one has posted in there for over a month. The Sponsor thread probably could too, but maybe someone here actually uses it.

Other than that I think the stickied threads are good- The legal thread especially- and as long as the Dogge thread is never un-stickied again then there won't be any issues.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Idiot Kings would be great.

Also, is making monthly branch threads still really needed? I'd honestly prefer just having an annual one like the drunk thread.

The Quick Questions thread can probably be Old Yeller'd, as no one has posted in there for over a month. The Sponsor thread probably could too, but maybe someone here actually uses it.

Other than that I think the stickied threads are good- The legal thread especially- and as long as the Dogge thread is never un-stickied again then there won't be any issues.

My thoughts on the resource threads are to unstick them but have a directory sticky that links to them.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

My thoughts on the resource threads are to unstick them but have a directory sticky that links to them.

You could probably do without two or three of them as there's some redundancy.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

The Dogge Thread shall remain stickied through the end of time.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Master Bateman posted:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Master Bateman posted:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Master Bateman posted:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Master Bateman posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dog thread is gay. gently caress you.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Larry Parrish posted:

MODS???

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gay dogs need petting too.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Fister Roboto posted:

Gay dogs need petting too.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

The ask a cop thread is terrible and should be destroyed

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

See, I'm a natural.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Also, GiP needs a background. I don't feel like we should be a "gray forum".

• Locked thread