Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
hehe probably offended quite a few nerds by mentioning what they would refer to as *random sporting event* and sarcastically describe the outcome of games in a madlib fashion using super generic nouns and verbs. get to your witty response fuckboys!!

so its march madness and that means march madness. luckily it gets good unlike before because growth hormone and old people dying have allowed mroe and more dunks.

time for seom degenerate gambling, one of the manliest forms of anything. remember you can file gambling losses on your taxes!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
gently caress the ncaa

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
wow i can throw a ball through a hoop
wow i can hit a ball with a stick

give me 10000000000000000$

killaer
Aug 4, 2007
lebron is a bitch

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Lol I think it's pretty funny how the colleges, advertisers, and networks make millions from these kids and they don't make poo poo. It's a pretty good metaphor for America is you ask me.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Lol I think it's pretty funny how the colleges, advertisers, and networks make millions from these kids and they don't make poo poo. It's a pretty good metaphor for America is you ask me.

This will be changing at some point. Lots of lawsuits kind of hung up in court asking to license individual rights, and they wont let them because they aren't worth any monetary value. Which, as you've pointed out the obvious, isn't going to stand when a judge gets to finally rule on it.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
idgaf if its not pro DOTA

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

Hollis Brownsound posted:

No one is forcing them to play idiot.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
if you don't play a bookie will kill u

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
but another bookie will pay you lots of money

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Philthy posted:

This will be changing at some point. Lots of lawsuits kind of hung up in court asking to license individual rights, and they wont let them because they aren't worth any monetary value. Which, as you've pointed out the obvious, isn't going to stand when a judge gets to finally rule on it.

It already cost *me*, an NCAA Football 15 game, which is bullshit. It was finally getting halfway decent too.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
waht id this thread

?????????????????????!???

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Go Temple!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
more like march sadness

LOL

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

Waltzing Along posted:

more like march sadness

LOL

you makin fun of basketball??

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

uG posted:

you makin fun of basketball??

basketball makes fun of itself all the time.

Go Temple!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
basketball is one of the few sports that is interesting for me to watch

that last game between Texas and Tech was great

Texas' passing game was off the hook while Tech just tried to run it in like a bunch of dumbfucks

then again it's Tech :rolleyes:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

basketball is one of the few sports that is interesting for me to watch

that last game between Texas and Tech was great

Texas' passing game was off the hook while Tech just tried to run it in like a bunch of dumbfucks

then again it's Tech :rolleyes:

be a Temple fan like me grandpa.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

im the guy who doesnt watch the nba but likes college bball for gay reasons

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

where's ralp to enforce the subforum rules? this being posted in gbs is the REAL "march madness" imvho

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Blue Train posted:

where's ralp to enforce the subforum rules? this being posted in gbs is the REAL "march madness" imvho

gently caress you I'm the law here

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

be a Temple fan like me grandpa.

Temple = aahahahhaa

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I got no beef with sports but how could one person even keep track of so much basketball in one month?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

Temple = aahahahhaa

but they keep being there.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I got no beef with sports but how could one person even keep track of so much basketball in one month?

i use a combination of perl5, perl6, R, CSV files, and PostgreSQL

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

don't really care about hoops but will lol if Kentucky loses

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bucksmash posted:

don't really care about hoops but will lol if Kentucky loses

lol

Its march madness. Anything goes!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

uG posted:

i use a combination of perl5, perl6, R, CSV files, and PostgreSQL

how much for the ape?

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
the announcers for the Oregon game just likened the starting line players to various historic geniuses by name. truly the next Einstein will be able to dunk and therefor not be a woman

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
it's all about ethics in sports journalism

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
As hard as I've tried over the years, I just can't quite give a gently caress about college sports.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

it's all about ethics in sports journalism

no one cares about sports journalism.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
Basketball sports journalism is all about cool catchphrases, onomatopeias, and food adjectives and that's the way I like it

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
ESPN's 30 for 30 series has some great episodes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

uG posted:

all sports journalism is all about cool catchphrases, onomatopeias, and food adjectives and that's the way I like it

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

no one cares about sports journalism.

I know, :thejoke: you retard

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

gnarlyhotep posted:

I know, :thejoke: you retard

sorry grandpa
:(

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I like march madness because it is a special, magical time when amazing things happen and it all rides on some college kids who may never ball seriously again. Any other time of the year, basketball can suck it. What a poo poo sport to spectate.

I hope some small school wins it all.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
sports is for sheeple who would rather waste their time learning to be "popular" instead of becoming cultured in things that matter like jazz music and anime and the films of steven soderbergh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

sports is for sheeple who would rather waste their time learning to be "popular" instead of becoming cultured in things that matter like jazz music and anime and the films of steven soderbergh

I hate people like you

• Locked thread