Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

Vincent Van Goat posted:

What a load of loving poo poo, how the gently caress does someone get a game misconduct for verbal abuse, what a loving baby rear end in a top hat ref

By saying even more after getting the 10 minute misconduct? :v: I think Ribeiro has gotten two of those this year. Letang knew what he was doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
So, uh, how close are Mike Ilitch and Gary Bettman? No reason, just curious.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I don't believe in conspiracy theory reffing at all so I'm not blaming the Red Wings over this poo poo show.

This is just the refs being a bunch of cry baby cunts who can't handle a little deserved whining about calls

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i mean obviously the pens are not being smart or disciplined but this is some of the worst reffing i've ever seen, starting with that bullshit misconduct + 2 on kunitz passing the puck to the ref at the end of the 1st period. that set the tone for sure

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I don't pay any attention to who the officials are but I probably should. Does this particular crew have a history with the Penguins?

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Trevor Bird posted:

By saying even more after getting the 10 minute misconduct? :v: I think Ribeiro has gotten two of those this year. Letang knew what he was doing.

Then maybe the ref should have skin thicker than tissue paper, it's really easy to ignore someone calling you an dickface or whatever

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

"We're a long way from done here, poo poo, there's like 18 more Pens we can get tossed out" - Mike Babcock

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I think the penguins should be nice and not jerks

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

i mean obviously the pens are not being smart or disciplined but this is some of the worst reffing i've ever seen, starting with that bullshit misconduct + 2 on kunitz passing the puck to the ref at the end of the 1st period. that set the tone for sure

Yeah, by no means am I saying that the Pens are playing well or would win with decent officiating, but I can 100% understand the "gently caress it" attitude when the refs are so goddamn awful. Like why bother to play hockey when you can get pushed into the goalie and held down by two guys and end up with an interference call for it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I can't believe I'm saying this but the Penguins kinda need Michel Therrien back.

Well not HIM actually because gently caress The System™ and Therrien is the kind of coach that's good for a young team whereas the Penguins are one of the oldest teams in the league, but they need a coach that can actually convince them to suck it up and stop throwing temper tantrums and focus on playing sharp hockey.

Babcock or bust am i right? :buddy:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

make up call b/c refs are like whatever

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
This is like the perfect scenario for Detroit to gently caress up, too, given their recent record.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
can I talk about how kyle quincey is loving awful or are we still having ref bitchfest

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I think the penguins should be nice and not jerks
I think they should have had a dynasty of Cups and beat the Flyers by 20-1 every game, but much like my chances of getting into grad school and avoiding becoming an insulator like my father and his father the chances of that are very low at best.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Naet posted:

This is like the perfect scenario for Detroit to gently caress up, too, given their recent record.

There's no way the Pens will be disciplined enough to focus on scoring goals instead of taking runs and ripping the refs after every whistle

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Naet posted:

Spoiler alert :siren: They won't

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

SHUT THE gently caress UP EMRICK SHUT THE gently caress UP NO ONE CARES ABOUT AHL RESULTS SHUT THE gently caress UP JESUS

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Then maybe the ref should have skin thicker than tissue paper, it's really easy to ignore someone calling you an dickface or whatever

That's not how the rule works though. Is this really that uncommon for Pens players? Maybe I'm just used to having idiots on the team I like. You could see Letang getting warned and then not shutting up, then he kept going even more after the misconduct. It looked pretty obvious to me.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Trevor Bird posted:

That's not how the rule works though. Is this really that uncommon for Pens players? Maybe I'm just used to having idiots on the team I like. You could see Letang getting warned and then not shutting up, then he kept going even more after the misconduct. It looked pretty obvious to me.

This may be true but it's like the refs spent the whole game baiting him for that moment

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Trevor Bird posted:

but the refs

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Trevor Bird posted:

I've seen 10 minute misconducts given out for ref bitching but literally throwing out a star player? nah, that poo poo just doesn't happen. not with over half the game left

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Trevor Bird posted:

he did make a pretty funny "durrrr" face from the penalty box at one of the refs before he got tossed lol

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Are we having a pool or anything on when and how Downie will get thrown out of the game?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Dandy Kaiser posted:

can I talk about how kyle quincey is loving awful or are we still having ref bitchfest

It'd be great to see his rear end benched for Marchenko whenever he's healthy enough to play again.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

loving downie these loving refs

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Mrazek for starter 2015 please

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
In between the periods I think they should all sit down and talk game plan and part of that game plan should be (said with a firm but understanding voice) "Fellas, these referees don't care too much for us so we should not give them reasons to penalize us, ready, break".

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

Ginette Reno posted:

I've seen 10 minute misconducts given out for ref bitching but literally throwing out a star player? nah, that poo poo just doesn't happen. not with over half the game left

I was at a game where Steve Yzerman got ejected for yelling at refs. It happens.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
when are the Red Wings just going to ride Mrazek?? They haven't figured out that Jimmy Howard is garbage yet?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Naet posted:

It'd be great to see his rear end benched for Marchenko whenever he's healthy enough to play again.

I want this more anything in the world

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Trevor Bird posted:

I was at a game where Steve Yzerman got ejected for yelling at refs. It happens.

Clearly the best example of how this poo poo can happen to anyone. For as long as I can remember, Detroit has always mobbed the refs in groups of 2 or 3 players after any whistle to basically no detriment.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

sba posted:

when are the Red Wings just going to ride Mrazek?? They haven't figured out that Jimmy Howard is garbage yet?

Everybody gives Howard poo poo and I really don't get it because he's really Not Bad but Mrazek owns

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

It's nice to have Ehrhoff back but I wish they'd scratched Scuderi to make room for him rather than sending Pouliot down. I think at this point Pouliot would benefit more from NHL experience and Scuderi is too slow to do anything anymore. They can say "we want to have Scuds fresh for the playoffs" or whatever.

But eh, it's not like 6 defensemen will all stay healthy for more than a week, it'll sort itself out.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

AHL ON NBC

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Everybody gives Howard poo poo and I really don't get it

he's what everyone likes to think MAF is

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Naet posted:

Mrazek for starter 2015 please

Yeah, I feel like I'm being heavily biased by Hammond and Talbot coming up and owning poo poo, but I think keeping Mrazek in the AHL is a huge waste.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Dandy Kaiser posted:

AHL ECHL ON NBC

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

yes I was really wondering what was going on with non-affiliated AA hockey teams thanks doc hall of fame announcing there

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

Naet posted:

Clearly the best example of how this poo poo can happen to anyone. For as long as I can remember, Detroit has always mobbed the refs in groups of 2 or 3 players after any whistle to basically no detriment.

Who the hell goes to a game and expects Yzerman to get 34 PIMs? :v:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20032004/GS020140.HTM

One of the most entertaining games I've ever been to. Saying a bunch of dumb poo poo to the ref is going to consistently get you kicked out. Letang wasn't saying "COME ON, BUDDY."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Trevor Bird posted:

Who the hell goes to a game and expects Yzerman to get 34 PIMs? :v:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20032004/GS020140.HTM

One of the most entertaining games I've ever been to. Saying a bunch of dumb poo poo to the ref is going to consistently get you kicked out. Letang wasn't saying "COME ON, BUDDY."

Zidlicky with 3 points in that game too :swoon:

• Locked thread