Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Sheep posted:

Why not? Everyone already played through Daggerfall (and quit) so no point doing it again!

When you go ebon heart and reach level 50 you have to go through daggerfall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

How is this game these days? As far as I can tell the F2P model went active today, right? And if I was to get into it all I need do is pay the upfront box cost like Guild Wars 2?

Is the game any good though? Does it capture the feel of the Elder Scrolls universe?

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Tindahbawx posted:

How is this game these days? As far as I can tell the F2P model went active today, right? And if I was to get into it all I need do is pay the upfront box cost like Guild Wars 2?

Is the game any good though? Does it capture the feel of the Elder Scrolls universe?

Yes, it will be buy-to-play at 10AM, today. (If it isn't already.) The PvE is very good. It feels like Oblivion the MMO.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

@Istarin would love some guild invites.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Archonex posted:

And I don't mean the video where the trees and some NPC's in the Grahtwood would randomly scream German at you. That was a whole other load of trippy poo poo. :stare:

It was funny because they'd scream to you what you actually had to do to clear the fight but its in german so good luck with that.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Invite @ketermuls to the new goon guild please.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

IRSmurf posted:

It feels like Oblivion the MMO.
Heavy emphasis on the MMO. This game is an MMO, it has MMO qualities, and MMO combat. If you go in expecting a TEST game you will be dissapointed. This is a TES flavored MMO.

vug posted:

You know what's wrong with this game though? All the races have stupid Saturday morning cartoon things they say, like altmer say "stars!", argonians say "xuth" or "by my mother's egg tooth" and the khajiit, the loving khajiit

and when they're not doing that they're just copying random chunks of story wholesale from other TES games (e.g. the whole Molag bal doing a Mehrunes dagon thing). there are some good bits of dialogue and cool concepts (I think I can detect kirkbride's hoof prints in some of the new books) and nice bits of storytelling (like the part where you are shown the possible future where the whole wood elf race get permanently turned into wild savages and you leave queen ayrenn dying because she's lost the will to live)

so yeah don't expect it to have a proper story like morrowind, it's got peanuts of good story in a big turd
For a minute I thought this was a serious post and that you actually were expecting good writing and dialogue from a TES game.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

This is a wonderful time for celebration! Cheese for everyone!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

eSporks posted:

For a minute I thought this was a serious post and that you actually were expecting good writing and dialogue from a TES game.

Morrowind has good writing and dialogue
The elder scrolls is known for having interesting and sophisticated lore

Red54
Dec 4, 2008
@Eternalflow would like an invite to the ebonheart guild.

Red54 fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 17, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

@Tsurupettan needs an invite to everything!

It looks like guilds are tied to the account-level not the character?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Ok, I'll reinstall this. @Byers2142 needs invites to Ebonheart, please!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

vug posted:

please do not troll

I used to be a troll once

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

vug posted:

Counterpoint: CODA :colbert:

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Scyantific posted:

Counterpoint: CODA :colbert:

Counter-counterpoint: CHIM :c00lbutt:

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Why do I need a reason for everything? Mortals, mortals, mortals! Always needing a reason to do things. For example: people think light chases away the shadows! I prefer to think that without a few lights, there'd be no shadows to enjoy.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

vug posted:

Quantity not quality.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

eSporks posted:

Heavy emphasis on the MMO. This game is an MMO, it has MMO qualities, and MMO combat. If you go in expecting a TEST game you will be dissapointed. This is a TES flavored MMO.

The combat is actually a lot better than a TES game. That's not really saying much, but it is good.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I know there was this TES lore hyper nerd in the previous thread arguing about how each new TES title further shat on the TES lore and how horrible TESO going to be because lore lore lore. Then he bought the game and actually liked it way more than the people that had little investment in the story. Most people quit a month or two into the game while he was still in long after that.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

This game is cool as gently caress. I am completely and utterly lost and have no idea what's going on. I saved a king from being murdered, I found a tower full of bandits and killed them and stole their poo poo. I almost died to a Limbscather or something.

It's nice playing an MMO and being lost and confused for the first time in years and actually having to look around and pay attention.

I started on Daggerfall due to friends but I'll probably make a character on Ebonheart later too, since I want to try all the classes.

e: vvv I get that. I think you're misreading what I said.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 17, 2015

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

This game is cool as gently caress. I am completely and utterly lost and have no idea what's going on. I saved a king from being murdered, I found a tower full of bandits and killed them and stole their poo poo. I almost died to a Limbscather or something.

It's nice playing an MMO and being lost and confused for the first time in years and actually having to look around and pay attention.

I started on Daggerfall due to friends but I'll probably make a character on Ebonheart later too, since I want to try all the classes.

Classes aren't restricted by faction, just the races unless you buy the unlock on the store.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

e: vvv I get that. I think you're misreading what I said.

Stay daggerfall, its where the cool goons are.
One thing I do like about this game us that it doesn't have traditional quest hubs and chains. The quest branch out and force you to wander around in a sort of unique way.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

eSporks posted:

Stay daggerfall, its where the cool goons are.
One thing I do like about this game us that it doesn't have traditional quest hubs and chains. The quest branch out and force you to wander around in a sort of unique way.

Depends if Reggin is gonna play or not, because that dude makes every game fun. Still holding on to fond memories of Wushu and batman squad.

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
How about euro goons, do we still have an active guild anywhere?

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I may have missed this in the OP, what's the best place to buy this cheaply?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

bakka bakka posted:

I may have missed this in the OP, what's the best place to buy this cheaply?

GMG almost always has a 20% off coupon available. There's also steam sales (has gone as low as -67%), or making friends who live in SEA.

e: This should be a working 20% off GMG coupon.

JBTBG5-7GVTE8-W2YXRV

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 17, 2015

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Is this guild on the NA or the EU servers or both? If it's one of the later two, please send an invite my way (@Atrayonis).

Noirex
May 30, 2006

I'm sad they fixed the German trees. It was a whole new level of surreal. The fact that they were actually telling you how to kill the boss made it more hilarious. I honestly thought I was being trolled by ESO.

Anyway, I reinstalled the game and having a blast with a NB that steals everything not nailed down. How are they as healers? And I'm enjoying the justice system a lot more than expected. Always seeing some random newbie in town run screaming with a pissed off guard at at his tail never fails to brighten my day.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

I always end up going in circles with the skill system in this game. i have no idea how heavily I should spec into crafting skills/ weapon/ armour/ class skills - is there some kind of perfect ratio to be splitting my skill points between the lot of them?

Whenever I'm running around killing trash mobs between quests, I always see some guy around the same level as me managing to mash poo poo quicker than I can - and I can't quite figure out what I could do to match that. I must sound like a complete MMO baby with these questions, but for some reason it confuses the poo poo out of me.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I usually don't put any skill points into crafting for the first 25 levels or so and concentrate on getting some good bars and passives set up. however I dismantle everything I don't want and research everything I can so when I do want to put points into crafting I can make something useful. one thing to get early is the skill that lets you research more than one thing at once

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Noirex posted:

I'm sad they fixed the German trees. It was a whole new level of surreal. The fact that they were actually telling you how to kill the boss made it more hilarious. I honestly thought I was being trolled by ESO.

Anyway, I reinstalled the game and having a blast with a NB that steals everything not nailed down. How are they as healers? And I'm enjoying the justice system a lot more than expected. Always seeing some random newbie in town run screaming with a pissed off guard at at his tail never fails to brighten my day.

NBs can be good healers and I know they had some morphs recently changed that are more group healing/utility focused.

Again, any class can specialize on whatever role they want, it is nothing for a DK to be a heavy armor tank or a light armor wearing fire mage. The classes just are kind of starting points towards one direction but you don't have to necesarilly stick to it.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

NBs can be good healers and I know they had some morphs recently changed that are more group healing/utility focused.

Again, any class can specialize on whatever role they want, it is nothing for a DK to be a heavy armor tank or a light armor wearing fire mage. The classes just are kind of starting points towards one direction but you don't have to necesarilly stick to it.

Good to know, it's hard to break out of the WoW mentality of class restrictions still. The class freedom of this game is pretty awesome.

So besides the obvious Restoration Staff line, I'm guessing the Siphoning tree is the way to go for NB healing?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

You are correct.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Downloading now so I can spend those sweet, sweet crowns

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear
Khajiit like to sneak.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Hope they have plans to add more to the store, really outside of the mounts/pets there isn't much worth buying there at the moment.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
They got any silly hats?

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Omar_Comin posted:

Khajiit like to sneak.

Omar spotted

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Fried Sushi posted:

Hope they have plans to add more to the store, really outside of the mounts/pets there isn't much worth buying there at the moment.

What's in the store now is about half of what's been shown so far that we know about (there's been a couple more guars leaked and several senche mounts and various outfits) but other than costumes/mounts/pets I'm not sure what you'd want to spend money on.

Edit:

Kaddish posted:

They got any silly hats?

There's costumes like wedding dresses useable by either gender and so there's been a lot of pubbies very, very concerned about their immersion breaking.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Requesting invites on @Bombogenesis. I've got a couple characters on EP and DC but nothing above level 10.

• Locked thread