Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

eSporks posted:

I don't think the DC guild exists anymore. I'd offer to start it back up, but I don't know how much time I can commit to this.

It's still around. It's just that the people who founded it are long gone.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Seriously, holy gently caress.

So am I understanding this right: all class abilities use magicka. All melee weapon abilities use stamina. So would my best idea be to roll a kajhiit or a high elf if I wanna be min maxy about my nightblade? Feel free to let me know if the racial bonuses are completely worthless, but some of them sound pretty decent even though I don't really have a frame of reference on how much 15% more magicka recovery or max magicka really is.
Race bonuses aren't really that big a deal until you start getting into ultra-sperg mode min-maxing. Redguards, Orcs, and Imperials seem to be the go-to's for tanky/melee dps builds, though, with their boosts to health/stamina/sprint speed. Dunmer are a pretty good option for general usefulness because they get boosts to both magicka and stamina and fire-based spells (really good for DKs, IMO).

Also, some class skills have Stamina Morphs (i.e. Bound Armor has a Stamina Morph that decreases Stamina by 10% but gives boosts to Armor/Damage Mitigation/Attack.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Bob NewSCART posted:

So am I understanding this right: all class abilities use magicka. All melee weapon abilities use stamina. So would my best idea be to roll a kajhiit or a high elf if I wanna be min maxy about my nightblade? Feel free to let me know if the racial bonuses are completely worthless, but some of them sound pretty decent even though I don't really have a frame of reference on how much 15% more magicka recovery or max magicka really is.

Some class abilities can be morphed into stamina abilities now so there's more diversity.

Exploration is kind of what you make of if in this game. Its either you can hunt for everything and find on your own or use add ons that will add everything to your map. Personally anything for character advancement I prefer to be marked (skyshards) as not finding all of those every zone you get to will set you back, but it is all up to personal taste.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

They changed some of the class skills in the latest patch to use stamina instead of magicka, so its more feasible to go a full stamina build now if you want. The Class racials aren't a huge deal but the extra crit from khajit is nice, High Elf not the best choice if you want to go heavy stamina but its not going to cripple you or anything, they are just more suited to magic based builds.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

eSporks posted:

I don't think the DC guild exists anymore. I'd offer to start it back up, but I don't know how much time I can commit to this.

It does, there's just never anyone in it. Everyone has invite and guild bank/store privileges though.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I figured high elves would be number one because if every class abilities use magicka then they would have two innate bonuses that let them cast more abilites(I don't know how important weapon skills are).

I meant to ask as well actually, what are morphs exactly?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

I figured high elves would be number one because if every class abilities use magicka then they would have two innate bonuses that let them cast more abilites(I don't know how important weapon skills are).

I meant to ask as well actually, what are morphs exactly?

Morphs are exactly as the word implies, morphs. When you get a skill to rank IV, you can choose to morph it into one of two enhanced versions of it, each with their own unique bonuses. An example would be the Bound Armor thing I used just a few posts up. Another one would be Poison Arrow. You can choose to morph it into a version that does higher damage at lower health, or a version that interrupts casting and stuns when it does (always pick this one).

Also, everyone should be using addons for Sky Shards and Lore Books.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
There's also a few morphs that change class skills to run and scale off of Stamina too.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

Morphs are exactly as the word implies, morphs. When you get a skill to rank IV, you can choose to morph it into one of two enhanced versions of it, each with their own unique bonuses. An example would be the Bound Armor thing I used just a few posts up. Another one would be Poison Arrow. You can choose to morph it into a version that does higher damage at lower health, or a version that interrupts casting and stuns when it does (always pick this one).

Also, everyone should be using addons for Sky Shards and Lore Books.

Yeah, lore books is kind of another must just because you will never hit level 10 in the mages guild without it (you need to clear like a dozen zones of all the books they have to get to that level, it isn't something you'll be able to do in a timely or orderly fashion without the add-on.)

Personally I like stuff like skyshards and lore books because one of the first things I do when I get to a new zone is sequence break and just try to nab those first and it is possible at level 10 to grab almost all of the skyshards off all of your factions zones just by sneaking around so knowing where to go usually leads me to figuring out paths I wouldn't if I just quested along normally.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

It does, there's just never anyone in it. Everyone has invite and guild bank/store privileges though.
Ahh, I must been booted I guess. Can I get an intivte to all the guilds? @esporks.
I am also thinking about rolling an alt, should I go EP then since DC is dead?

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

I'd like an invite to EP, @StarkkUW

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

eSporks posted:

Ahh, I must been booted I guess. Can I get an intivte to all the guilds? @esporks.

Sent for the DC guild.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'll take an invite to ep. Ign is Curulen.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I played the beta and kind of hated it, but now I'm tempted to pick the game up for real cheap now that there's no subscription. Is it less garbage than it was? The things I didn't like was stuff like the garbage tutorial dungeon and terrible animations and very confusing crafting systems and dumbass publords running around breaking quests. Is any of that better? If not I won't waste my time but the crime update makes it sound real tempting now.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Wiltsghost posted:

I'll take an invite to ep. Ign is Curulen.

Starkk posted:

I'd like an invite to EP, @StarkkUW

Invites have been sent to both of you.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I'm in Daggerfall right now and the town is just a bloodbath of low level players. They murder some citizens, then a guard beats them to death and they just keep doing it over and over and over

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Can I get an invite on the Ebonthing for @Quidnose? Thanks!

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

radintorov posted:

Are those maps up-to-date, though?
Zenimax did overhaul a lot of the dungeons: almost all the ones I've re-visited lately had a completely different layout from when I ran through them originally months ago.

Edit:
for example I ran through Entila's Folly yesterday and I cannot see its current layout in that list of maps you posted.

There is more variety now and the dungeons are bigger and have branching paths (i.e. skyshard one way, boss the other way :v:)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Fried Sushi posted:

They changed some of the class skills in the latest patch to use stamina instead of magicka, so its more feasible to go a full stamina build now if you want. The Class racials aren't a huge deal but the extra crit from khajit is nice, High Elf not the best choice if you want to go heavy stamina but its not going to cripple you or anything, they are just more suited to magic based builds.

For the record, the revamp seems to have changed it so that "physical" abilities (Things that logically would be physical in nature like firing a special ability for a bow and arrow or a sword skill.) use stamina. Whereas stuff that is clearly magical uses magicka. The changes include class abilities in it as well. There's also a bunch of morphs for skills that switch them to their opposite type. It's a pretty sweet change, though figuring out which skills have morphs to switch from stamina to magicka or vice versa requires either a guide or perusing the patch notes.

Either way, it's a way better system than what was available before, and really should be detailed a bit in the OP if it isn't. The uselessness of the old system when it came to stamina builds was what chased a bunch of goons off of the game.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 18, 2015

Envy Insanity
Oct 2, 2003

Have gone to commit suicide. Intend to return from grave Friday. Feed cat.
I played in the beta but quickly dropped out not thinking it would be worth a sub. Is the game worth it now at b2p? And, is there any reason to buy the imperial edition, are the bonuses really worth it?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I think I may have hosed up. I discovered certification in Glenumbra, and wanted to aim for alchemy certification. I talked to the guy who offers it, but I must have been getting tired because I accidentally started the Enchanting certification quest instead. "No problem," I thought, and abandoned the quest, thinking I could then choose the other. Unfortunately, the guy is nowhere to be found. Is any of this making sense? Am I totally hosed out of enchanting/provisioning/alchemy certification now?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Evil Sagan posted:

I think I may have hosed up. I discovered certification in Glenumbra, and wanted to aim for alchemy certification. I talked to the guy who offers it, but I must have been getting tired because I accidentally started the Enchanting certification quest instead. "No problem," I thought, and abandoned the quest, thinking I could then choose the other. Unfortunately, the guy is nowhere to be found. Is any of this making sense? Am I totally hosed out of enchanting/provisioning/alchemy certification now?

I don't think so, no. The two starter quest givers will be in the Daggerfall fighters guild for blacksmithing/woodworking/clothier and Mages guild for provisioning/alchemy/enchanting.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

My apologies. I decided to log back in to find the guy again, and I guess that was all it took to cause him to manifest. I assumed since entering and leaving the Mage's Guild didn't do it, I was SOL, but of course I should have gone full IT and turned it off and on again first.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Can I get an invite to the EP and Crafting guilds? @Ashenden

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Dropping my two cents on Nightblade healing, Shadow also has couple healing morphs if you don't want to go Siphon like I did back last year.

Also, some clarification on how pickpocketing works. While the % is pretty clear, I still got caught pretty easy with 75% in Eastmarch but got 50% in Deshaan. Is there some hidden scaling on difficulty or just bane of RNG?

Streyr
May 14, 2006
Penguin God
So now that we have the justice system in place and it seems like motifs don't come from bank drawer farming what is the best way to get all the motifs? I'm rolling a new character with some friends for B2P release but just hate not having all the crafting styles for the other races unlocked.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Envy Insanity posted:

I played in the beta but quickly dropped out not thinking it would be worth a sub. Is the game worth it now at b2p? And, is there any reason to buy the imperial edition, are the bonuses really worth it?

Theyre mostly completely cosmetic, you can have a white horse and make imperial style gear which you would otherwise need a pretty rare crafting motifs book to do. the only functional things are the ability to marry someone and get a romantic xp boost, and you can play as imperial which is the best tanking race but as noted above the racial bonuses are small in eso

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Streyr posted:

So now that we have the justice system in place and it seems like motifs don't come from bank drawer farming what is the best way to get all the motifs? I'm rolling a new character with some friends for B2P release but just hate not having all the crafting styles for the other races unlocked.

Motifs can still come from bank drawer farming. The catch is that they're a lot rarer now. Otherwise you just need to get lucky with looting them from dungeons or thievery in towns.

Hope you have some stocked up. Some of the motifs are slowly climbing in price compared to the dirt cheap costs they were before.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

eSporks posted:

Ashenden posted:

Can I get an invite to the EP and Crafting guilds? @Ashenden

Quidnose posted:

Can I get an invite on the Ebonthing for @Quidnose? Thanks!
Sent

GuyUpNorth posted:

Dropping my two cents on Nightblade healing, Shadow also has couple healing morphs if you don't want to go Siphon like I did back last year.

Also, some clarification on how pickpocketing works. While the % is pretty clear, I still got caught pretty easy with 75% in Eastmarch but got 50% in Deshaan. Is there some hidden scaling on difficulty or just bane of RNG?
It's just bane of the RNG, I guess. Drop some skillpoints into Improved Pickpocketing.

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Anyone got any tips on the cheapest way to pick this up? In terms of established sites it seems like GMG using their 20% off voucher code ends up costing about £40, but a search on ebay shows download keys selling for about £20 though I'm guessing there's something dodgy about this. I'm in the UK, in case that's not obvious from the £.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Can I get invite for EP please @Wildebeest ? Think I'm going to reroll from DC. Thanks!

Truth
Feb 24, 2005
Can I get an EP invite? @Robert Mugabe

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I don't really like the newbie islands since they feel much more 'on rails' than everything else, for me at least. Is there any major benefit (skyshards aside) to completing them?

I was having way more fun just aimlessly exploring and finding random people and helping them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm rerolling pact as well because things change too much for me to go back into my old character. Trying out a dunmer NB like it did way back when the first closed betas started. Would appreciate an invite at @Caonima

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
We still have a crafting circle jerk thing going on for DC? I need a bunch of medium armor traits.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Wildebeest posted:

Can I get invite for EP please @Wildebeest ? Think I'm going to reroll from DC. Thanks!
Invite sent.

Truth posted:

Can I get an EP invite? @Robert Mugabe
"Account Not Found"

Truth
Feb 24, 2005

radintorov posted:

Invite sent.

"Account Not Found"

Sorry! Try @Ghastlydarklord

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kaddish posted:

We still have a crafting circle jerk thing going on for DC? I need a bunch of medium armor traits.

Tell me which ones, I'll toss them up into the guild bank this week.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Scyantific posted:

Tell me which ones, I'll toss them up into the guild bank this week.

Jack
-Training
-Exploration
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Boots
-Impenetrable
-Training
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Bracers
-Sturdy
-Training
-Exploration
-Nirnhoned

Helmet
-Impenetrable
-Training
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Guards
-Sturdy
-Training
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

ArmCops
-Impenetrable
-Infused
-Exploration
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Belt
-Stury
-Impenetrable
-Reinforced
-Training
-Exploration
-Divines
-Nirnhoned

Any you can throw up would be awesome.

DarkestLite
Feb 27, 2007

"Can we fix it?"
"No, it's fucked."
I'd love an EP guild invite. @DarkestLite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, can we not just run around town looting everything anymore without becoming criminals? I seem to remember a good chunk of my starting money at launch coming from lucky finds in random houses, seems like the game would be harder without doing it.

• Locked thread